ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs down to 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271714)

chop 04-03-2013 08:06 AM

What if the number of players the Chiefs are considering now is due to the fact that they have a trade in place with the Eagles. Maybe they crossed Geno off the list because they know he will be gone.

My twitter tweet now should say: Chiefs may swap picks with Eagles and still pick the guy they want and get an additional 2nd round pick and Nick Foles in return.

Of course I don't have any sources but I can throw things out there like everyone else.

suds79 04-03-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9552670)
I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.

A valid question. Truth be told, I'm sure he's a fine player. He wouldn't be rated as high as he is if he wasn't.

I think the anti Joeckel sentiment among this board (and my personal views also) are based on: (in no order)

- He's not a QB/Geno Smith. :P
- People think protecting the nimble Johnny football helped him look good.
- He looked slow & unathletic during the combine (particularly against all other LTs.) He tested worse than any of the previous top LT picks in year's past.
- And he looks like a 12 year old school boy (okay that one is mine)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...4tn48VvfuvBAzg

For me personally it's just that I like Fisher better. I saw him absolutely dominate at the Senior bowl. He's bigger, stronger, faster. I'll take that.

Chiefshrink 04-03-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9552581)
Their source was Russ Lande who is a complete buffoon. Russ said we would take Nassib number 1. Thats all you have to know about him. :facepalm:

I agree.

After all day yesterday every media outlet was reporting it was down to 4 players:rolleyes:

BigRedChief 04-03-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9552552)
I'm sticking with Fisher at #1

Hearing that they are in talks with Philly to trade down. the goal is to get a 2nd rounder and take Fisher. If not, they will take Fisher at #1.

KC_Lee 04-03-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9552661)
Maybe we were getting Phillys attention by having Geno here?

Geno Smith visits Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT

The Eagles hold the fourth overall pick in the draft. There’s a chance Smith won’t be there at No. 4, if the Jaguars take him at No. 2 or the Raiders take him (or trade down) at No. 3.

Now this is the type of hard hitting and deep reporting I look for. Eagles are a #4 and there is a "chance" he won't be there if he is selected at #2 or #3.

Mind = Blown...

What are the chances Geno Smith will be there at #4 if he is selected at #2 or #3 Florio?!?

AndChiefs 04-03-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9552584)
Ummm. Because Johnny Manziel is the reason Joekel is even considered in the first 3 rounds.

And BTW , watch the Manziel Video, it will bring tears to your eyes. I'd trade all of this years picks for the opportunity to draft Manziel.

There were a lot of predictions of Joeckel going first round last year. I'm tired of people making up "facts" about him. Manziel made him look better but he's always been viewed as a top tier LT.

Chiefshrink 04-03-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9552692)
. Truth be told,

- He's not a QB/Geno Smith. :P

This 1,000,000x

Denial is always comfortable and reality most of the time SUCKS !!:hmmm:

Mr. Laz 04-03-2013 08:12 AM

once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.

He's a first round talent. He might even be a top 10 selection. But he's not the best tackle in this draft. I don't even think he's the 2nd best tackle in this draft. And he's a ****ing embarrassment at the #1 overall pick.

Other sites don't bring that up because they have no emotional investment. They just go, "Eh... Alex Smith, take the best player. WHUPS THAT'S JOECKEL OKAY!"

NorthernWV 04-03-2013 08:13 AM

Same guy that wants Manziel probably wanted Tebow after his sophmore year too

patteeu 04-03-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

They're mostly the same people with the same irrational approach to football analysis/discussion.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9552709)
They're mostly the same people with the same irrational approach to football analysis/discussion.

How about no, Scott

Sassy Squatch 04-03-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9552710)
How about no, Scott

Why is he bad in your opinion?

Canofbier 04-03-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9552706)
He's a first round talent. He might even be a top 10 selection. But he's not the best tackle in this draft. I don't even think he's the 2nd best tackle in this draft. And he's a ****ing embarrassment at the #1 overall pick.

Other sites don't bring that up because they have no emotional investment. They just go, "Eh... Alex Smith, take the best player. WHUPS THAT'S JOECKEL OKAY!"

Agreed - if we're taking an OT at 1.1 (barf), then it had damn well better be the one with the potential to be the best in the league, and not the one that's "safe" with a relatively lower ceiling.

ChiTown 04-03-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9552695)
Hearing that they are in talks with Philly to trade down. the goal is to get a 2nd rounder and take Fisher. If not, they will take Fisher at #1.

So, they trade with Philly, and we get Philly's 1.4 and 2.3? That it?