ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kyle Orton visiting Cowboys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257255)

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 8451088)
Given the opportunity with what KC is doing, are you really going to tell me that the Chiefs are not committed to #7? You misread my quote....

Being committed to Cassel is just as stupid as signing orton. Its like wanting to.fall into a.flaming bucket of aids because you thinks its cool.

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8451076)
2nd snap from center, Orton drops back and sees a blitzer coming off the backside edge. He turns, steps right into the blitzer and delivers a completion.

He took the hit to make the completion.

THIS alone makes me rather have him than Cassel.

I don't recall Cassel ever doing that ... he plays like a pussy.

random.

Okie_Apparition 03-13-2012 10:19 PM

Pioli is a Pats player hoarder
you can only remove a little at a time & easy him clean
Cassel is next

Earthling 03-13-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8448893)
There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that ****ing piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

When DTV asks me why I'm canceling after 10 years, I'll tell them to direct their inquiries to One Arrowhead Drive. 4321

Exactly the same here. I'll be relegated to watching the Donks play instead but I can always be rootin' against them for my weekly football fix.

Messier 03-13-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8451095)
Being committed to Cassel is just as stupid as signing orton. Its like wanting to.fall into a.flaming bucket of aids because you thinks its cool.

I agree that if we got a full season of Orton, we'd see some of the same stuff that drives us crazy about Cassel.

tk13 03-13-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8451076)
2nd snap from center, Orton drops back and sees a blitzer coming off the backside edge. He turns, steps right into the blitzer and delivers a completion.

He took the hit to make the completion.

THIS alone makes me rather have him than Cassel.

I don't recall Cassel ever doing that ... he plays like a pussy.

It's like the ball rolls downhill and these stories become more and more grandiose. Look at how people think Trent Green wasn't that good now. Cassel once played about 10 days after an appendectomy. Toughness is not his problem. It's everything else.

BIG K 03-13-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8451095)

Are you that daft? My original quote was referring to why another poster was missing Orton over #7. Neither are a good option for a respectable franchise. But, in this case, with the Chiefs commited to #7, and a laughing stock in the NFL, I merely agreed that Orton was the better option between the two. Spend some time reading the thread before you jump in dumbass...

I do not feel either of the two forementioned QB's are franchise quality. Get over it.

Earthling 03-13-2012 10:27 PM

Orton is exactly like Cassle. Except that he reads defenses better, has a better long ball, more accurate and quicker on the release. Other than that they are both the same.

Okie_Apparition 03-13-2012 10:30 PM

Orton can give your WRs some numbers they can be happy with
& live game practice for a rookie

BIG K 03-13-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 8451130)
Orton is exactly like Cassle. Except that he reads defenses better, has a better long ball, more accurate and quicker on the release. Other than that they are both the same.

LMAO

Wait, because of rerun, I want to clarify I agree with your post....I am sure YOU read into my lmao but just want to make sure......:p:p

Earthling 03-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 8451163)
LMAO

Wait, because of rerun, I want to clarify I agree with your post....I am sure YOU read into my lmao but just want to make sure......:p:p

:p :thumb:

BossChief 03-13-2012 10:56 PM

If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

The front seven played as well as anyone down the stretch.

This defense is setting up to be a top 7 unit.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

BossChief 03-13-2012 11:02 PM

Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

**** that.

BIG K 03-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8451218)
Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

**** that.

Can we, as a planet, follow my lead on this, just once and referr to incumbant starter as #7 instead of actually saying his name? He does not deserve to be named, only numbered....Thank you.

Fritz88 03-13-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8451214)
If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

The front seven played as well as anyone down the stretch.

This defense is setting up to be a top 7 unit.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

Forget about Orton. If he is in Dallas then he's signing there; so is Carr.