ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kyle Orton visiting Cowboys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257255)

MMXcalibur 03-13-2012 02:34 PM

Kyle Orton visiting Cowboys

per ESPN

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A...s250/j67pW.gif

Fritz88 03-13-2012 02:35 PM

Jerry Jones you ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Doesn't make sense.

They don't have enough money.

He's going to be a backup.

We have money and he has a better chance to be a starter.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Dallas has a lot more cap room than us, this is no surprise

Frazod 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Great. The only decent QB we've had on the team since Green. Looks like they're not even trying to resign him.

No Manning.
No Orton.
Just Cassel and the Great White Ioweegan Hope.

FML

:facepalm:

mikeyis4dcats. 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

the chiefsification of the cowboys continues

Okie_Apparition 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Sounds like a starting job

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Orton is starting-caliber, so will the Cowboys release Romo?

Discuss Thrower 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Arrowhead is going to be the first neutral field to get eight regular season games in 2012.

philfree 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Why? So he can be a backup? I thought he'd be looking for a starter's job.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:36 PM

Oh FFS - I don't even care anymore.

I already know what this sad sack of a mother****ing franchise is going to do.

{crickets}

I think it's approaching time to just become a fan of the NFL in general.

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 02:38 PM

candy wrapper scott already told anyone who listen that Cassel is the starter....

BoneKrusher 03-13-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8448775)

he needed to be signed in KC we dont even have a starter.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 02:38 PM

Hah-he's a back-up for them and a starter for us and he's still visiting them. Good Lord, help us all.

I really don't want to sign him, but I think that sheds some light on this situation here in Kansas City.

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8448776)

{crickets}

Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself ****ed more strange.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

He has a better chance of beating out Tony Romo than beating out Matt Cassel.

vailpass 03-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8448765)
Doesn't make sense.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm starting to see a theme here....

BoneKrusher 03-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8448785)
Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself ****ed more strange.

yep, the Chiefs make the Lions of a few years ago look real good.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Henne. Count on it.

Yup, there's not even really a question at this point.

And look at how much chatter is out there around KC - guys just flying into town for visits.

This truly is worse than the Peterson years.

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8448784)
Hah-he's a back-up for them and a starter for us and he's still visiting them. Good Lord, help us all.

I really don't want to sign him, but I think that sheds some light on this situation here in Kansas City.

not trying to beat a dead horse, but Orton knows Cassel is the starter in KC

as should everyone else by now

mr. tegu 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Maybe he remembers how nice holding a clipboard for a few million is.

The Franchise 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8448776)

{crickets}

I'm getting closer each and every day. I'm about to just become a fantasy football fan and that's it. This FO is probably the worst in the NFL.

Sofa King 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

GOD DAMN I HATE THE ****ING COWBOYS

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 02:41 PM

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...56456558_n.jpg

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8448788)
He has a better chance of beating out Tony Romo than beating out Matt Cassel.

In all honesty, he probably has a better chance of beating out Aaron Rodgers than Matt Cassel.

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8448794)
This truly is worse than the Peterson years.

Yes. Not even close.

This was an ascending franchise in the 90s. Peterson long overstayed his welcome and usefulness, but in his prime, he would walk Pioli like a ****ing dog.

KCUnited 03-13-2012 02:42 PM

I'll pour some Jack out for him and then shoot the rest of the bottle.

Carlota69 03-13-2012 02:43 PM

Kyle Orton to visit the Cowboys
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Kansas City Chiefs v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Kyle Orton was a starter for two different teams in 2011, but as he enters free agency in 2012, his first visit will be with a team where he would only be considered as a backup.

Orton will visit the Cowboys, who are looking to sign a backup quarterback for Tony Romo, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

The Cowboys’ interest in Orton is no surprise, because they put in a claim for him last year when the Broncos put him on waivers. They liked hims as a potential backup to Romo then, and they still do.

The question is whether any team is interested in Orton as a starter. If so, Orton would likely go to that city. The fact that he’s going to Dallas instead indicates that he’s resigned himself to signing with some team where he’s going to be a backup.

In seven NFL seasons, Orton has started a total of 69 games, including 33 with the Bears, 33 with the Broncos and three with the Chiefs.

bricks 03-13-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Henne. Count on it.

I hope not.

I'd rather have Matt Moore.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8448809)
Yes. Not even close.

This was an ascending franchise in the 90s. Peterson long overstayed his welcome and usefulness, but in his prime, he would walk Pioli like a ****ing dog.

Like I said yesterday when FAX left forever - is there any question at all that Eric Winston would be a Chief if Peterson where here? I really don't see one. We have the worst RT situation in the NFL, one of the best RT options in the entire NFL is available and we have the money to have him; boom - done. He'd be a Chief by Friday.

I mean hell, Peterson never figured out the QB thing, but he did a damn fine job of dealing with other issues.

All this fat asshole does is remain willfully and militantly ignorant on the QB thing and spend his every waking hour trying to prove every right-thinking individual in the world wrong w/r/t his pet POS.

Strongside 03-13-2012 02:46 PM

He obviously knows we're going to sign Manning. http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...jpg?1310883034

Strongside 03-13-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8448821)
Like I said yesterday when FAX left forever - is there any question at all that Eric Winston would be a Chief if Peterson where here? I really don't see one. We have the worst RT situation in the NFL, one of the best RT options in the entire NFL is available and we have the money to have him; boom - done. He'd be a Chief by Friday.

I mean hell, Peterson never figured out the QB thing, but he did a damn fine job of dealing with other issues.

All this fat asshole does is remain willfully and militantly ignorant on the QB thing and spend his every waking hour trying to prove every right-thinking individual in the world wrong w/r/t his pet POS.

Speaks to how bad shit is around here when we're fondly reminiscing King Carl's reign, doesn't it?

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 02:48 PM

can we admit pioli is a coward?

for all his patriot-way bluster and blather about 'process'...he is afraid to make a bold move....

absolutely afraid to make a move that would shake this team up

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8448821)

At this point I wish free agency would just end so we can rip Pioli some more and talk about how horrible the draft is gonna be.

R8RFAN 03-13-2012 02:49 PM

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vR089vsDvOU/So...attCassel1.jpg

I love you Chiefs

Carlota69 03-13-2012 02:51 PM

I find it curious that orton is meeting with a team where he would be a backup but notus. I mean if he was going to be a Chief, he would of signed by now, right?

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 8448863)
I find it curious that orton is meeting with a team where he would be a backup but notus. I mean if he was going to be a Chief, he would of signed by now, right?

Would you rather hold a clipboard in Dallas or Kansas City?

R8RFAN 03-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

I think he is still mad about the Chiefs cock blocking him from going to Chicago to be honest.

Frazod 03-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8448870)

Good point.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Tells you how serious ol' Scott was about 'competition' now doesn't it?

He doesn't want anyone in here that will upstage his handpicked shitbag. Orton already did - so away he goes.

He can bring in Henne, bury his ass on the bench and try to claim that Cassel earned the job in practice or something; afterall there's never going to be anything on the field to prove otherwise.

I hate him. I mother****ing hate him.

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 02:54 PM

there is no one anywhere at this point that could honestly be called 'competition' for Cassel...

that lie is now officially a lie

Frazod 03-13-2012 02:55 PM

There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that ****ing piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

When DTV asks me why I'm canceling after 10 years, I'll tell them to direct their inquiries to One Arrowhead Drive. 4321

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8448847)
can we admit pioli is a coward?

for all his patriot-way bluster and blather about 'process'...he is afraid to make a bold move....

absolutely afraid to make a move that would shake this team up

Or he's not allowed to spend any money.

I can somewhat deal with the fact that Pioi is a ****ing moron because I'll (knocks on wood) outlast his worthless ass. In the meantime, thank goodness for the impending cap floor.

Might as well call it the Clark Hunt rule. If it were a trophy, we'd hoist that gold-plated, cubic zirconia-laden piece of shit with pride.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8448883)
there is no one anywhere at this point that could honestly be called 'competition' for Cassel...

that lie is now officially a lie

That whole thing was a lie from the start. He tried to sell the notion that Palko and Brodie were competition for Cassel.

**** Scott Pioli.

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 02:57 PM

Our one hope is Stanzi; he's it. He must be so good that he absolutely forces the case.

I'll let BossChief JIHP now.

bricks 03-13-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8448765)
Doesn't make sense.

Posted via Mobile Device

The way I look at it, you keep Orton and he competes with Cassel.

Cassel and Orton competing it out doesn't excite me. All it is is average vs average. Average man wins the job yay!

Id rather see Stanzi and/or a draft pick for a change. But I don't think that's gonna happen because of Pioli's fascination for Cassel.

I don't believe Pioli's when he says they are going to create competition for Cassel. We know that he loves his golden boy and can take his words as a grain of salt.

Cassel is the QB next year. We all know it.

At least though, if Cassel got hurt, you know your not going to see another average, which is what Orton is. At least with a rook or Stanzi you never know?there would be some hope.

*Losing Orton doesn't bother me for these reasons

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8448899)
Or he's not allowed to spend any money.

I can somewhat deal with the fact that Pioi is a ****ing moron because I'll (knocks on wood) outlast his worthless ass. In the meantime, thank goodness for the impending cap floor.

Might as well call it the Clark Hunt rule. If it were a trophy, we'd hoist that gold-plated, cubic zirconia-laden piece of shit with pride.

We spent less than a $100 million in an uncapped season.

I can't even wrap my mind around that.

We have the new Mike Brown, folks - embrace the horror. But hey, the good news is that he's only likely to live for another 40+ years or so.

Many of you are likely stuck with this asshole until you die.

Garcia Bronco 03-13-2012 03:00 PM

The donk train can always use more fans. You would be welcomed. Come feel the success.

BoneKrusher 03-13-2012 03:00 PM

Romeo Crennel is Pioli's yes man and this is even more prove of it.

Frazod 03-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8448912)
The way I look at it, you keep Orton and he competes with Cassel.

Cassel and Orton competing it out doesn't excite me. All it is is average vs average. Average man wins the job yay!

Id rather see Stanzi and/or a draft pick for a change. But I don't think that's gonna happen because of Pioli's fascination for Cassel.

I don't believe Pioli's when he says they are going to create competition for Cassel. We know that he loves his golden boy and can take his words as a grain of salt.

Cassel is the QB next year. We all know it.

At least though, if Cassel got hurt, you know your not going to see another average, which is what Orton is. At least with a rook or Stanzi you never know?there would be some hope.

Orton is a decent QB. Cassel is a horrible QB.

Decent > Horrible.

Nobody should act like these guys have the same talent level.

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8448922)
The donk train can always use more fans. You would be welcomed. Come feel the success.

Mine is exit only. But thanks for the train invite.

Frazod 03-13-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8448922)

Backing into the playoffs! WOOHOO

The Franchise 03-13-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8448893)
There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that ****ing piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

When DTV asks me why I'm canceling after 10 years, I'll tell them to direct their inquiries to One Arrowhead Drive. 4321

Same here. I'm not paying any money to watch that piece of shit play.

ModSocks 03-13-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8448981)
Same here. I'm not paying any money to watch that piece of shit play.

x3

Which will be a very sad day in the Detoxing home.

qabbaan 03-13-2012 03:07 PM

I hope Dallas signs Orton. One less retread option for us to fall back on in hopes of making a gallant charge to 8-8

ModSocks 03-13-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8448988)
I hope Dallas signs Orton. One less retread option for us to fall back on in hopes of making a gallant charge to 8-8

yes, because the draft and F/A is ripe with talented QB's, right?

Your and idiot.

bricks 03-13-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8448927)

Decent > Horrible.

Your right. Orton is better. But it makes no difference. We know what his ceiling is. Even if he did start, Chiefs ain't winning it. We all know that.

We know we ain't getting a top QB prospect this year either. Might as well draft a QB in the 2nd round? Take your pick with either him or Stanzi and hope for the best. Id like to see them experiment at the QB position. If they find their guy awesome.

listopencil 03-13-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8448912)

*Losing Orton doesn't bother me for these reasons

I think the feeling was that signing Orton was a way for the Chiefs to bail on Cassel and move on. Then you have a guy who is an effective starter and a young guy with potential behind him. At that point you have several ways to go with that third QB position.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8448927)

Decent > Horrible.

Talent level?

One guy runs a 6-flat 40. The other guy consistently and continuously trips and falls 30-yards in.

Either way, you're coming in last.

qabbaan 03-13-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8448893)

No way will I be purchasing any tickets this year if it's Cassel OR Orton starting.

Frazod 03-13-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8448999)
Your right. Orton is better. But it makes no difference. We know what his ceiling is. Even if he did start, Chiefs ain't winning it. We all know that.

We know we ain't getting a top QB prospect this year either. Might as well draft a QB in the 2nd round? Take your pick with either him or Stanzi and hope for the best. Id like to see them experiment at the QB position. If they find their guy awesome.

I'd love to see what Orton could do with a healthy Charles in the backfield. I think he could surprise us.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8448991)
yes, because the draft and F/A is ripe with talented QB's, right?

Your and idiot.

Be honest.

You REALLY think Orton is a better option than Cassel? Does the 2010 team win a playoff game with Orton? Nope.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8449023)
Be honest.

You REALLY think Orton is a better option than Cassel? Does the 2010 team win a playoff game with Orton? Nope.

yes. and yes. but that doesn't mean he's a good quarterback.

listopencil 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Be honest.

Orton is a better option than Cassel.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8449021)
I'd love to see what Orton could do with a healthy Charles in the backfield. I think he could surprise us.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though.

I think a lot of people would be surprised...

Surprised that the team isn't any better than it was with Cassel.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Be honest.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201010...ts&tab=analyze

Orton threw for 314 yards against the Ravens in 2010.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8449029)
Orton is a better option than Cassel.

That's like saying anti-freeze is a better option than Chlorox.

JFC

The Franchise 03-13-2012 03:12 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsS42Ca3XQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 03-13-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8449034)

And they lost by 2 touchdowns...

bricks 03-13-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8449000)
I think the feeling was that signing Orton was a way for the Chiefs to bail on Cassel and move on. Then you have a guy who is an effective starter and a young guy with potential behind him. At that point you have several ways to go with that third QB position.

We know that is not happening though.

Pioli for whatever reason loves Cassel.

qabbaan 03-13-2012 03:13 PM

Orton's so good that two teams which have actually won a playoff game since the Bush 1 administration have cut bait on him.

One of them thought Tebow was better.

Frazod 03-13-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8449030)
I think a lot of people would be surprised...

Surprised that the team isn't any better than it was with Cassel.

Orton played well enough to put us in the playoffs. It's not his fault two field goals got blocked.

Carlota69 03-13-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8448870)

KC, so when Cassel breaks his vag, Orton will be there.

listopencil 03-13-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8449034)

He's a decent QB. The guy seems to get snubbed wherever he goes. I wouldn't call him "franchise", but he's a decent QB.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8449042)
And they lost by 2 touchdowns...

Because of their defense and running game.

Frazod 03-13-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8449045)
Orton's so good that two teams which have actually won a playoff game since the Bush 1 administration have cut bait on him.

One of them thought Tebow was better.

Jesus, I'm not saying Orton is Joe Montana. I'm saying he's better than Cassel. :banghead:

Strongside 03-13-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8448850)

Bored @ Work....

http://i.imgur.com/XmwWM.jpg

DeezNutz 03-13-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 8449051)
KC, so when Cassel breaks his vag, Orton will be there.

You have Jerry Jones on the sideline demanding excellence, or little soldier Pioli, diligently working to glue the vag back together again, with one toward the trash situation.

Which would you rather deal with?

listopencil 03-13-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8449036)
That's like saying anti-freeze is a better option than Chlorox.

JFC

I'd rather put anti-freeze in my radiator than Clorox. I'm not saying he's your team's savior or anything. But he is competent.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 8449063)

LMAO

Jesus dude, I repost all your shit on my facebook page and Arrowheadpride. ****ing gold.