ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Welp...Laid Off Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281829)

Dayze 02-28-2014 05:26 PM

Welp...Laid Off Today

joy.
the project I've been working on for the past 2 years is winding down, and the client wanted us to reduce head-count. So, myself and three others were let go today.

Damnit!!
Though, my boss told me to update my resume and send it to him. he knows a good friend of him who is Director level that is looking for people. I believe him, and don't think he's blowing smoke up my butt. I've either worked with him/for him or been in contact with him over the course of projects since 2002.

So, we'll see about that. Another young guy at work, texted me and let me know his dad is a manager at his company so I'll get my resume in his hands as well.

I hope I find something soon. My wife took a huge pay-cut last year (around35%) because her job at the time was causing exacerbations with her MS due to stress.

hopefully I won't have to dole out handy's behind the 7-11 for cash.

TribalElder 02-28-2014 05:30 PM

good luck bro!

Ceej 02-28-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10459462)
joy.
the project I've been working on for the past 2 years is winding down, and the client wanted us to reduce head-count. So, myself and three others were let go today.

Damnit!!
Though, my boss told me to update my resume and send it to him. he knows a good friend of him who is Director level that is looking for people. I believe him, and don't think he's blowing smoke up my butt. I've either worked with him/for him or been in contact with him over the course of projects since 2002.

So, we'll see about that. Another young guy at work, texted me and let me know his dad is a manager at his company so I'll get my resume in his hands as well.

I hope I find something soon. My wife took a huge pay-cut last year (around35%) because her job at the time was causing exacerbations with her MS due to stress.

Those are at least not taxed. So, you've got that going for you.

You seem like a good dude and you've got good connections. You should be back on your feet again in no time.

El Jefe 02-28-2014 05:31 PM

Good luck brother. Don't worry, you will get something better!

RippedmyFlesh 02-28-2014 05:31 PM

That sucks Dayze been there. Hang in there man and even though I am not super religious prayers sent your way.

BigRedChief 02-28-2014 05:32 PM

What field are you in?

mikey23545 02-28-2014 05:36 PM

What do you mean handies, you purty-lipped thing?

cosmo20002 02-28-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10459462)
joy.

Damnit!!

I think the fact that you're willing to do so says a lot about your work ethic and bodes well for your future. Although you may want to leave that skill set off of your resume.

mikey23545 02-28-2014 05:38 PM

On the serious side, Dayze, hang in there dude...hopefully your boss is turning you on to a new job, or just keep pounding the streets...Things always turn around for good folks!

:thumb:

KCrockaholic 02-28-2014 05:40 PM

What line of work were you in?

Donger 02-28-2014 05:44 PM

That sucks, Dayze. Good luck and I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Rain Man 02-28-2014 05:46 PM

Does this mean you're not taking me to the zoo this weekend?

Sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll land on your catlike feet and pounce onto the next opportunity.

Dunerdr 02-28-2014 05:48 PM

Best of luck! What did you do?

The Bad Guy 02-28-2014 05:49 PM

Good luck man.

It happened to me last year and the time off was good for me and now I'm back in a really good spot. Keep your head up.

TheUte 02-28-2014 05:49 PM

That blows. Hope you find a good gig real soon, good luck.