ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Steve Carrell leaving 'The Office' after next season. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230042)

lcarus 05-06-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8596123)
Watch it but start at the beginning. It's awesome. Its on Netflix.

Yeah I just watched the first episode on Netflix. Not that great, but it's just the pilot. I'll give it a chance. I know there's no way it can be as good as The Office was in its early seasons, so I won't expect that. I love Rashida Jones though, so even if I don't find the show very funny, at least I get the luxury of looking at her.

BigMeatballDave 05-06-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8597329)
Yeah I just watched the first episode on Netflix. Not that great, but it's just the pilot. I'll give it a chance. I know there's no way it can be as good as The Office was in its early seasons, so I won't expect that. I love Rashida Jones though, so even if I don't find the show very funny, at least I get the luxury of looking at her.

Season 1 isn't great.

Season 2 is awesome.

lcarus 08-31-2012 09:51 AM

So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed? A side character like Roy? Should be interesting. The show has gone downhill really since Carell left, and even before then somewhat. But I'm interested to see how they end things. I love series finales of shows I've watched for a long time.

Reaper16 08-31-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867899)
So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed? A side character like Roy? Should be interesting. The show has gone downhill really since Carell left, and even before then somewhat. But I'm interested to see how they end things. I love series finales of shows I've watched for a long time.

Can't be Gabe, cuz he was originally from Florida, right? He only went to Scranton after Dunder-Mifflin was acquired by Sabre.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-31-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867899)

Angela

Buck 08-31-2012 10:34 AM

It's gotta be Mose.

lcarus 08-31-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8867964)
Can't be Gabe, cuz he was originally from Florida, right? He only went to Scranton after Dunder-Mifflin was acquired by Sabre.

Gabe's first episode was season 6 episode 15 and the Scranton Strangler was first mentioned in season 6 episode 17. Of course they inferred that the killer had been doing his thing for a while so yeah it wouldn't really make sense if it was Gabe. He would be a perfect candidate though...

DJ's left nut 08-31-2012 10:52 AM

Wait...I thought the Scranton Strangler was in jail and stuff. Didn't Toby serve on his jury? And didn't he also say it was a guy?

Doesn't seem like it could be anyone from the cast - they'd have to be in jail (i.e. written out). David Wallace is the best bet I can come up with - he kinda went crazy in season 6(ish). Wait - Roy would also be a pretty great option: Out of the series, violent temper, bottomed out, etc...

I'm going with Roy.

Predarat 08-31-2012 10:55 AM

Hope they bring back Michael Scott for the series finally.

lcarus 08-31-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8868037)
Wait...I thought the Scranton Strangler was in jail and stuff. Didn't Toby serve on his jury? And didn't he also say it was a guy?

Doesn't seem like it could be anyone from the cast - they'd have to be in jail (i.e. written out). David Wallace is the best bet I can come up with - he kinda went crazy in season 6(ish). Wait - Roy would also be a pretty great option: Out of the series, violent temper, bottomed out, etc...

I'm going with Roy.

Yeah Toby said he believed they convicted the wrong man. Then Greg Daniels said they were going to actually unmask the real Scranton Strangler this season lol. So I assume it will be somebody known.

SuperChief 08-31-2012 11:41 AM

I'm REALLY pumped for this season. Now that they officially know that this is the last season, it'll hopefully tie up all loose ends and everything. I'm very much hoping for a Michael/Holly reunion episode (maybe she's pregnant? or they get married?)

blaise 08-31-2012 12:59 PM

Jan got pretty crazy.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8868116)
Yeah Toby said he believed they convicted the wrong man. Then Greg Daniels said they were going to actually unmask the real Scranton Strangler this season lol. So I assume it will be somebody known.

Ah...I was in and out (mostly out) last season, so I must've missed that part.

Seems pretty contrived, IMO.

CoMoChief 08-31-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8868407)
Jan got pretty crazy.

jan is hot

Red Brooklyn 08-31-2012 05:13 PM

This is the right move. I love the show, but it's time to end it.

I give shows a lot of shit for always rehashing and bringing up all the old shit they possibly can before they say goodbye... but... Michael Scott HAS to appear in an episode. He just HAS to.