ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fans give KC and the Chiefs a Black Eye (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264821)

Chief Roundup 10-08-2012 12:50 PM

Fans give KC and the Chiefs a Black Eye

I was watching ESPN. Merril Hoge and Chris Mortensen were talking about the "Cheering of the Cassel Injury". They said that this is a black eye on KC and the Chiefs.
I know I didn't cheer nor was happy that he was and or is injured. I want Cassel to be replaced not injured! Difference being that I want our coaching and front office to make the move.
I was happy and did root for Brady though. I do not believe he is the answer to our QB situation but at least he is someone different. And we might find out something else about our Offense with him depending on if he has any strengths.
I think/hope that this cheering stuff was really misunderstood or is being twisted for ratings and such.
Either way the fans displeasure with the QB situation is being heard at One Arrowhead Drive as well as being talked about on ESPN. It is all kind of wild that this happened the same day as the banner.
I still don't think all of the blame goes to the fans. The fans are to that point of having enough with this franchise and the QB position. The fans have limited ways of having their voices heard without having to basicly divorce their favorite sport team. The owner, GM and history of this franchise have left the life long fan feeling jilted.

Fish 10-08-2012 12:52 PM

Well this is the first I've heard of the situation...

pr_capone 10-08-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8992238)
Well this is the first I've heard of the situation...

LMAO

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 12:53 PM

Pioli is hard at work today...

I was wondering what his rebuttal would be to the banner...

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 12:54 PM

We flew banners and now have a black eye. Once we lose a hand and have it replaced with a sword Clark will start thinking twice about ****ing with this fanbase.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 12:56 PM

These assholes need to get the story straight, I'll give em a black eye.

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2012 12:57 PM

**** the national media. Screw every single one of them.

Graystoke 10-08-2012 12:57 PM

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~atb28/w...s/image003.jpg

sedated 10-08-2012 12:58 PM

KC fan base : ESPN :: drunk driving threads : ChiefsPlanet

Easy 6 10-08-2012 12:59 PM

**** both of you guys AND espn, especially you mort, thought you were more intelligent than this.

Sooo done with espn, good riddance.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 01:01 PM

ESPN has made a MUCH bigger deal out of this than NFLN.

Straight, No Chaser 10-08-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8992233)
... It is all kind of wild that this happened the same day as the banner.

Yea, the banner is a blip on the screen compared to the perceived booing of Cassel's concussion & Winston's blast. Nice to know Chief fans are getting rep that only Philly & Raider fan are used to.

BigChiefFan 10-08-2012 01:02 PM

This a news-worthy story? Lmao.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2012 01:04 PM

Mortensen seemed very disappointed that the fans from the midwest would do something like that. Schefter thought it was more of a cheering for Brady Quinn.

BigChiefFan 10-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8992268)
Yea, the banner is a blip on the screen compared to the perceived booing of Cassel's concussion & Winston's blast. Nice to know Chief fans are getting rep that only Philly & Raider fan are used to.

I would say that's on purpose. These ****s cover each other's asses. They don't want to discuss the real issue of ineptitude over-flowing through out the franchise.

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992267)
ESPN has made a MUCH bigger deal out of this than NFLN.

the nfln hosts laugh at cassel even starting in this league.

the ESPN hosts believe cassel is a good qb because of 2010.

frankotank 10-08-2012 01:09 PM

OK...somebody who was at the game.....
HONESTLY...what happened? it certainly didn't seem bad on TV. if you were at the game tell me....DID the fans cheer him being injured?? or is this, as my DVR seems to indicate, a buch of absolute bullshit?

Straight, No Chaser 10-08-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8992286)
I would say that's on purpose. These ****s cover each other's asses. They don't want to discuss the real issue of ineptitude over-flowing through out the franchise.

TRUE. They don't have the time to do that --especially for a cowtown team like KC.

Soundbites = TV currency and they have a few this morning --who cares if it's true or not.

Asswipes.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8992272)
This a news-worthy story? Lmao.

Probably not but at least the fans disappointment with the situation is getting some play.

What is not being talked about is the reason the fans would act that way. They should be saying well they could understand the fans frustration since the team hasn't drafted a 1st round QB in 29 years.

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 01:11 PM

Next Banner should say "God Benched Cassel"

King_Chief_Fan 10-08-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8992310)

Ngate (sp) benched Cassel

King_Chief_Fan 10-08-2012 01:15 PM

I have had numerous people stop by my office today and tell me how cruel and socically unaccpetable Chiefs fans behavior is. I should be ashamed of myself.

I didn't clap or get excited that Cassel got hurt. Guilty by association I guess.

Titty Meat 10-08-2012 01:16 PM

Eric Winston ****ed us

Halfcan 10-08-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8992310)

lol or this

Fire Pioli, and Pull the Life support plug on cashole.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8992330)
Eric Winston ****ed us

The player outrage that got the national media to talk about fan displeasure with the QB situation.

TEX 10-08-2012 01:19 PM

I could give a $hit about any of this. Bottom line - if the Chiefs were winning, this doesn't happen. When teams lose - this kind of stuff happens EVERYWHERE.

sedated 10-08-2012 01:20 PM

ESPN is the same network with an entire panel of talking heads that believe Cassel is a good QB and shouldn’t be benched. This was just last week, when he was sitting on 10 turnovers and anyone who actually watched the offense knew they were one of the worst in the league. They also think Tebow is a legit NFL QB.

I feel sorry for anyone who takes ESPN seriously and doesn’t realize they have been targeting the lowest common denominator for about a decade now.

HonestChieffan 10-08-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Eric Winston ****ed us

Oh for goodness sakes.

DMAC 10-08-2012 01:22 PM

Everything is just falling apart. Complete disaster. All of everything.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Eric Winston ****ed us

He certainly didn't help.

****ing 'roided out moron that can't pass protect with a ****ing damn.

Bob Dole 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8992299)
OK...somebody who was at the game.....
HONESTLY...what happened? it certainly didn't seem bad on TV. if you were at the game tell me....DID the fans cheer him being injured?? or is this, as my DVR seems to indicate, a buch of absolute bullshit?

It's been discussed as bullshit in multiple threads. Easiest to find is gblowfish 10 things thread

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:40 PM

while Eric Winston is a bitch for doing what he did, this national exposure should at least bring change. Hunt has to be embarrassed, and that is a positive thing.

DonTellMeShowMe 10-08-2012 01:49 PM

I really hate this....

do you think this will be one of those moments other team's fans will never let go, like
e.g. with the 49ers: "oh well these are the same fan's that chanted 'We Want Carr!'..." or the Eagles "booing" Santa?

Papi 10-08-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8992268)

See the similarities in recent super bowls between the 3 of us? All angry fan bases because our teams can't close. Hoge suggests the Steelers are the best fans... lol. Yeah, hard to look bad as a fan when your team is always in contention and wins it all from time to time. Here's a link to the video btw:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8477575

Graystoke 10-08-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 8992437)
I really hate this....

do you think this will be one of those moments other team's fans will never let go, like
e.g. with the 49ers: "oh well these are the same fan's that chanted 'We Want Carr!'..." or the Eagles "booing" Santa?

Chief Fans would NEVER BOO Santa. He is a much better QB then Matt Cassel

DonTellMeShowMe 10-08-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 8992447)
Chief Fans would NEVER BOO Santa. He is a much better QB then Matt Cassel

Well....yeah

ChiTown 10-08-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8992406)
It's been discussed as bullshit in multiple threads. Easiest to find is gblowfish 10 things thread

I contest that if there was Cheering/Booing, that it escaped my attention from where I was sitting in Section 104. I had no idea this was even an issue until I was reading the Boards last night.

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8992340)
I could give a $hit about any of this. Bottom line - if the Chiefs were winning, this doesn't happen. When teams lose - this kind of stuff happens EVERYWHERE.

And why doesn't this team win?

easy....Pioli and Cassel.

acesn8s 10-08-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992451)
I contest that if there was Cheering/Booing, that it escaped my attention from where I was sitting in Section 104. I had no idea this was even an issue until I was reading the Boards last night.

A. Was there cheering?
B. Was is for Cassel being hurt or Brady coming in?
C. Was there cheering after Cassel stood up?
D. Was that cheering louder than when he went down?
E. Was there cheering when Brady took the field?

RunKC 10-08-2012 02:16 PM

I wasn't here in the pre-King Carl years, but I can say without a doubt in my mind that this is the most embarrassed I've ever felt as a Chiefs fan. Not because of yesterday. It's because of this year.

Is there a more embarrassing year for this team than this year? It is easily the worst year I can remember in my 25 years of following this team.

I really thought that last year was as bad as it could get, but this year? Just wow. From Fescoe embarrassing us on ESPN to Winston doing it, to the team sucking ass, to Clark not caring. Holy shit man.

At least we were in first place at halfway through the season last year. At least we had something to cheer for in December last year.

This year is salt in the wound. This team is ****ing talented. No ****ing way they deserve to be 1-4. Pioli has done it. He's made this place unbearable. Nobody wants to work here and now people think the fans suck because of Winston's sorry ass.

God this bad dream just gets ****ing worse and worse. END THIS CLARK.

DMAC 10-08-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8992545)
I wasn't here in the pre-King Carl years, but I can say without a doubt in my mind that this is the most embarrassed I've ever felt as a Chiefs fan. Not because of yesterday. It's because of this year.

Is there a more embarrassing year for this team than this year? It is easily the worst year I can remember in my 25 years of following this team.

I really thought that last year was as bad as it could get, but this year? Just wow. From Fescoe embarrassing us on ESPN to Winston doing it, to the team sucking ass, to Clark not caring. Holy shit man.

At least we were in first place at halfway through the season last year. At least we had something to cheer for in December last year.

This year is salt in the wound. This team is ****ing talented. No ****ing way they deserve to be 1-4. Pioli has done it. He's made this place unbearable. Nobody wants to work here and now people think the fans suck because of Winston's sorry ass.

This and yup.

Mizzou_8541 10-08-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

How did Fescoe embarrass us on ESPN? Missed that.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 8992555)

Me too, not sure what it's about.

siberian khatru 10-08-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

I seem to recall the Monday Night Meltdown being embarrassing for awhile.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8992573)
I seem to recall the Monday Night Meltdown being embarrassing for awhile.

I remember Benny Sapps' antics, thought it was funny myself.

frankotank 10-08-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8992406)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992451)

I've seen plenty in several threads now....two different stories being told by people who were there. not sure how this is possible....oh well.
media has reported it...so it must be true! :doh!:

Mizzou_8541 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 8992555)

Anyone?

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 02:34 PM

If we're seen as dicks, so be it.

Sometimes pussies get ****ed by dicks.

And Matt Cassel is a pussy.

But dicks also **** assholes.

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-con...09pioli600.jpg

Straight, No Chaser 10-08-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

You've got to know Clark is not likely to do it until after week 16. Why do it now? He has enough respect (I guess) to let Romeo and staff try and get this team turned around. like you say we have talent and this team is the youngest in the league. Don't worry it will happen after week 16 . I'd bet on it ;)

FloridaMan88 10-08-2012 02:45 PM

The OP's IP address likely originates from One Arrowhead Drive.

The only people who are giving KC a black-eye are Clark Hunt, Fat Scott and this disgraceful franchise.

Lzen 10-08-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8992419)
while Eric Winston is a bitch for doing what he did, this national exposure should at least bring change. Hunt has to be embarrassed, and that is a positive thing.

I like the positive attitude. :thumb:

Molitoth 10-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8992667)
I like the positive attitude. :thumb:

Meh, I'm just a classless camero driver with a mullet.

I really don't care who is playing QB as long as I can drink my Keystone Light and harass some front-butt.

burt 10-08-2012 02:57 PM

Long and short of all this.....the fans are tired of a 3rd rate front office and QB!

RunKC 10-08-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 8992592)
Anyone?

His stupid rant was on ESPN and it made Chiefsnation look like shit.

scho63 10-08-2012 03:32 PM

Your title is a fallacy

Not only is your title 100% wrong, it is exactly the OPPOSITE. The fans of Kansas City, who for 40+ years have watched this team with blind loyalty have had ENOUGH.

Just because certain media outlets have their heads up their collective asses and never even watched a moment of yesterday's game, don't believe their bullshit.

All the "In the Know" media realize the frustration of us Chiefs fans and also know that there was NOT collective cheering when Cassel was hurt. It is all a smokescreen to once again divert attention to the shit team that is the Chiefs and the crappy QB that is Matt Cassel.

Shannon Sharpe was SPOT ON in his commentary on NFL Today

KC Fans have no reason to hang their heads in shame but instead hold your heads high!

Chief Roundup 10-08-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8992681)
Long and short of all this.....the fans are tired of a 3rd rate front office and QB!

^This

gblowfish 10-08-2012 04:01 PM

"Have the Season Tickets all been paid for already?" - Check.
"Have the sweat shop jerseys all been sent out?" - Check.
"Has the Network TV contract for this year been signed and delivered?" - Check.
"Have all the hot dogs, soda and popcorn been purchased for the concessions?" -Check.

Our work here is done for 2012.

Sincerely,
Scott and Clark

kcxiv 10-08-2012 04:02 PM

This is a loosing battle. The fans may as well embrace the bad guy mentality even if its a lie. There is no turning this around. Just roll with it. Chiefs are stol a terrible team.

burt 10-08-2012 04:17 PM

Chiefs fans refuse to be the Cubs fans of the NFL, without a fight!

chiefqueen 10-08-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Not only that but the powers that be racheted up security @ Arrowhead yesterday BIG TIME. Purses were checked thoroughly, you had to take everything out and several inches away from your pockets when entering the stadium, not more than 5 minutes after the game ended security personnel went around and started yelling at people ordering them to leave, and getting out of the parking lots took longer because lanes that were not blocked in previous games this year were blocked yesterday.

Easy 6 10-08-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 8992993)
Not only that but the powers that be racheted up security @ Arrowhead yesterday BIG TIME. Purses were checked thoroughly, you had to take everything out and several inches away from your pockets when entering the stadium, not more than 5 minutes after the game ended security personnel went around and started yelling at people ordering them to leave, and getting out of the parking lots took longer because lanes that were not blocked in previous games this year were blocked yesterday.

My oh my, yep, Pioli actually does have deep contempt for the fans... "these ****ing hillbillies dont deserve a man of my caliber!"

EVERYONE GET THE HELL OUT! AND I'M EVEN GOING TO MAKE DOING THAT HARDER!

:facepalm:

aturnis 10-08-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8992233)
I was watching ESPN. Merril Hoge and Chris Mortensen were talking about the "Cheering of the Cassel Injury". They said that this is a black eye on KC and the Chiefs.
I know I didn't cheer nor was happy that he was and or is injured. I want Cassel to be replaced not injured! Difference being that I want our coaching and front office to make the move.
I was happy and did root for Brady though. I do not believe he is the answer to our QB situation but at least he is someone different. And we might find out something else about our Offense with him depending on if he has any strengths.
I think/hope that this cheering stuff was really misunderstood or is being twisted for ratings and such.
Either way the fans displeasure with the QB situation is being heard at One Arrowhead Drive as well as being talked about on ESPN. It is all kind of wild that this happened the same day as the banner.
I still don't think all of the blame goes to the fans. The fans are to that point of having enough with this franchise and the QB position. The fans have limited ways of having their voices heard without having to basicly divorce their favorite sport team. The owner, GM and history of this franchise have left the life long fan feeling jilted.

Parkins is being a bitch and apologizing for the fans on ESPN tonight.

Frankly, I don't care what the rest of the country thinks of KC, they don't know what it's like being a Chiefs fan. Phillips, NY Jets, and Patriots fans don't apologize for demanding more...

xztop12 10-08-2012 05:35 PM

Was he informed that there are a handful of idiots everywhere? I wonder if Mr Hodge knows that some Raider fans have actually shot at people with live ammunition, outside of the game.

Tits McGee 10-08-2012 05:41 PM

No, the Chiefs are giving KC a black eye.
The Chiefs accept sucking, but the fans are not going to take it.
The only one who has any fight left in them, are the fans.

Coogs 10-08-2012 05:44 PM

The reason we may have suffered a black eye is because of Pioli. Sometimes you have to fight for what is right, and this east coast prick (Sorry to you east coasters who are cool dudes. We have our mid west pricks too!) has forced us to fight for what is right for our team. So we got a black eye. Black eyes go away after a week or so. If we knocked that Pioli prick out, then a week long black eye is worth it.

SAUTO 10-08-2012 05:53 PM

IMO the fans ducked the overhand right and punched old Pioli in the eye.
Posted via Mobile Device