ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The NBA is still a joke (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244345)

RNR 04-25-2011 04:40 PM

The NBA is still a joke

I am watching the Discovery channel and they are advertising that The Deadliest Catch did better than the NBA playoffs LMAO if a major sport cannot get better ratings for their playoffs than a reality show they suck at life~

notorious 04-25-2011 04:41 PM

Deadliest Catch owns Cable/Dish TV.

BigMeatballDave 04-25-2011 04:43 PM

The NBA is headed for a Lockout of their own.

Thig Lyfe 04-25-2011 04:44 PM

Good thread.

RNR 04-25-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7590549)
Deadliest Catch owns Cable/Dish TV.

Head to head with a NFL playoff game which one gets better ratings? BTW I enjoy the Deadliest Catch show~

CoMoChief 04-25-2011 04:45 PM

"No one wants to watch a buncha thugs play street-ball."

- Mother Theresa -

Phobia 04-25-2011 04:47 PM

I'd rather watch Survivor than the NBA. They have obstacle courses.

RNR 04-25-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7590553)
Good thread.

Thanks SportsRacer! your approval is very important to me~

notorious 04-25-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 7590554)
Head to head with a NFL playoff game which one gets better ratings? BTW I enjoy the Deadliest Catch show~

That's not what I was getting at. It baffles me why Deadliest Catch is so popular.

Besides, NFL is National TV, not that I think that matters anymore. I watch National TV probably .0001% of the time offseason.

RNR 04-25-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7590568)
That's not what I was getting at. It baffles me why Deadliest Catch is so popular.

Besides, NFL is National TV, not that I think that matters anymore. I watch National TV probably .0001% of the time offseason.

I have watched it and enjoyed it. The plot wears thin quickly and the year the captain of one of the ships died is the only time I watched regular~

RealSNR 04-25-2011 04:59 PM

Couple of things:

1. It's the first round. Even the most diehard NBA fans don't give a shit about Game 3 of Bulls/Pacers or even a premiere matchup like Thunder/Nuggets.

2. Like I said, there are at least four games per series. If each game was life or death like the NFL, I guarantee you'd see a different set of ratings. Not suggesting the NBA should go to that model, I'm just saying it would be a different story in terms of ratings. If a game 7 from this first round shows up alongside a popular cable show like Deadliest Catch, let's see how the ratings fare.

3. Comparing ANY non-football sport to the NFL is dumb. How did the MLB playoffs go? They probably sucked more than the NBA. I know Game 7 of the NHL finals got beat out by Build A Better Burger on Food Network years ago. Yet I don't ever see threads like "Har har... baseball and hockey suck. Football rulez!"

4. The "College basketball is real basketball crowd" (whoever/wherever you guys are) can suck on my penis. Not directed at you, RedNeckRaider. I'm just saying that.

RNR 04-25-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7590586)
Couple of things:

1. It's the first round. Even the most diehard NBA fans don't give a shit about Game 3 of Bulls/Pacers or even a premiere matchup like Thunder/Nuggets.

2. Like I said, there are at least four games per series. If each game was life or death like the NFL, I guarantee you'd see a different set of ratings. Not suggesting the NBA should go to that model, I'm just saying it would be a different story in terms of ratings. If a game 7 from this first round shows up alongside a popular cable show like Deadliest Catch, let's see how the ratings fare.

3. Comparing ANY non-football sport to the NFL is dumb. How did the MLB playoffs go? They probably sucked more than the NBA. I know Game 7 of the NHL finals got beat out by Build A Better Burger on Food Network years ago. Yet I don't ever see threads like "Har har... baseball and hockey suck. Football rulez!"

4. The "College basketball is real basketball crowd" (whoever/wherever you guys are) can suck on my penis. Not directed at you, RedNeckRaider. I'm just saying that.

They still play pro baseball??? wow...does it still suck?

RealSNR 04-25-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 7590597)
They still play pro baseball??? wow...does it still suck?

I've never been that big of a fan of it. I do know that the Royals still do, in fact, suck. In spite of their surprisingly not putrid record.

RNR 04-25-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7590627)
I've never been that big of a fan of it. I do know that the Royals still do, in fact, suck. In spite of their surprisingly not putrid record.

As far as baseball and basketball I don't watch them at any level less going to a couple of semi pro Kinston Indian games last year~

Archie F. Swin 04-25-2011 05:21 PM

and the Thunder rolls...