ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV More Sci Fi - After Earth (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267531)

jiveturkey 12-10-2012 01:18 PM

More Sci Fi - After Earth

The trailer looks OK. Like most of the other suckers for sci fi I'll probably see it in the theater along with Oblivion, The Protoype, Elysium, Pacific Rim, Ender’s Game and Robot & Frank.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zaN0HV_N6UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 12-10-2012 01:19 PM

Was just about to post it...it's...not as bad as i expected from m. n. shamalamadingdong.

Bowser 12-10-2012 01:56 PM

An M. Night flick.

Well, I guess it will all be a training exercise in some holodeck somewhere, then?

Frazod 12-10-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9196738)
Was just about to post it...it's...not as bad as i expected from m. n. shamalamadingdong.

**** him. I'll need to see positive reviews from most critics and people here before I watch anything this guy ever does again.

jiveturkey 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9197104)
**** him. I'll need to see positive reviews from most critics and people here before I watch anything this guy ever does again.

I can't blame you. He must be an excellent pitch man when he's in front of execs.

Frazod 12-10-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9197150)
I can't blame you. He must be an excellent pitch man when he's in front of execs.

Normally you'd have to coach for the Chiefs to be able to ride such limited success to continual new gigs.

bevischief 12-10-2012 04:44 PM

From that trailer I have no idea if I want to even this.

Deberg_1990 12-10-2012 09:26 PM

Meh....too much CGI.

The Cruise one looks alot better. At least the TRON guy looks like he builds real sets and keeps the CGI to a minimum. I can appreciate that.

bowener 12-11-2012 03:08 AM

Robot and Frank is pretty awesome btw.

Miles 12-12-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9197104)

After Unbreakable each of his movies seemed to get progressively worse. I recall getting angry while watching The Happening. As in there better be a twist coming other than plants rebelling because this is ****ing awful.

Frazod 12-12-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9201566)
After Unbreakable each of his movies seemed to get progressively worse. I recall getting angry while watching The Happening. As in there better be a twist coming other than plants rebelling because this is ****ing awful.

Don't even get me started on Signs. :#

Deberg_1990 12-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9201566)

Walhberg talks to a tree

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jhmEo-46vUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 12-12-2012 04:25 PM

The Happening and The Village were piles of shit, but I actually liked Signs.

The twists in all three were terrible though.

The only twist in his movies I can remember liking were The Sixth Sense (of course) and Lady in the Water (for some reason, I really liked that one).

I'm kind of 'meh' on Unbreakable. It was entertaining when I watched it but then again I was like 12 years old.

Frazod 12-12-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9203161)
The Happening and The Village were piles of shit, but I actually liked Signs.

The twists in all three were terrible though.

The only twist in his movies I can remember liking were The Sixth Sense (of course) and Lady in the Water (for some reason, I really liked that one).

I'm kind of 'meh' on Unbreakable. It was entertaining when I watched it but then again I was like 12 years old.

I assume you've never lived in the country or met any actual farmers. In real life, they actually do a little farming, they don't sleep in, and they don't need to rely on baseball bats for self-defense, since they all own guns (at least every single one I've ever met does). And while I've never encountered an alien, I assume that any alien race advanced enough to be capable of interstellar travel would be smart enough to ARM their invading armies with advanced weapons, and that these invaders would also be smart enough to not allow themselves to be trapped in a ****ing pantry. And if members of this race were allergic/intolerant of water, why would they invade a planet that is mostly covered by water, where it rains?

Signs is one of the dumbest goddamn movies ever conceived.

-King- 12-12-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9201602)
Don't even get me started on Signs. :#

Signs wasn't bad.