ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Austin Powers 4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280897)

rico 01-23-2014 12:14 AM

Austin Powers 4

According to IMDB, a 4th Austin Powers is rumored and/or has been announced.

I don't know about any of you guys, but I love these movies. I could watch all three of them over and over and over and over again...which is cool because I consider all 3 of them to be so different than each other. To this day, I randomly find myself quoting various lines from all 3 of the Austin Powers movies. Love this series.

With that said, is anyone as excited as I am with the possibility of there being a 4th Austin Powers movie? Will Dr. Evil remain a villain, or will the pick up where Goldmember left off with Austin Powers and Dr. Evil (Dougie Powers) being brothers and therefore...cool with each other. Will Scott Evil, Frau and Number 2 be the main antagonists?

If there is any validity to these rumors, I am as happy as a little girl.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9pMKYJbtpq...original.0.jpg

Pepe Silvia 01-23-2014 12:21 AM

Absolutely. I've randomly quoted these movies since the first came out when I was in 7th grade. Seen every one of them in the theater so I'll probably have to keep that streak alive. Best thing Mike Myers ever did.

rico 01-23-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10388430)
Absolutely. I've randomly quoted these movies since the first came out when I was in 7th grade. Seen every one of them in the theater so I'll probably have to keep that streak alive. Best thing Mike Myers ever did.

I agree. In fact, if it weren't for the Austin Powers movies, I'd probably be pretty "meh" about Myers. Dr. Evil is one the all time most funny characters ever, IMO.

CrazyPhuD 01-23-2014 12:49 AM

Fook Mi!

ThaVirus 01-23-2014 12:50 AM

I appreciated the "Who does number 2 work for?" quote in the Pioli to Atlanta thread today.

cosmo20002 01-23-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10388461)
I agree. In fact, if it weren't for the Austin Powers movies, I'd probably be pretty "meh" about Myers. Dr. Evil is one the all time most funny characters ever, IMO.

Mini Me, Fat Bastard, love 'em

The last one had some great gags but was just ok overall. The Goldmember guy was so-so. Myers could definitely use a hit. Hopefully they can come up with some good new stuff.

T-post Tom 01-23-2014 01:01 AM

Threesome with Japanese twins: the ultimate bucket list item...unless you have the option of a foursome with Japanese triplets.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZGv4V7bFvJc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener 01-23-2014 01:02 AM

First time I saw the original AP, my friend and I randomly rented it without knowing anything about it. We were 13 at the time, and it is the perfect film for two 13 year old boys to watch. ****ing hilarious. The third one was ok, except we saw it in the theater high as balls... ****ing amazing under the influence.

edit: interesting facts about AP

Anyong Bluth 01-23-2014 01:14 AM

Last I heard was it was just about to start production and then got put on hold indefinitely. Possible budget issues and backend percentages.

If they got some fresh eyes on it and it's a quality script, I'd love to see them revisit that franchise.

Myers has been out of the loop for a while, and I think tanking follow up movies along with personal life issues and a messy divorce all built up to him feeling burnt out and a spat of depression.

I'm sure that it will get made at some point. Much like the constant delays in getting the Dumb and Dumber sequel finally made. Something they've been trying to get made all the way back as early as 2006, and discussion of the project in talks since around 2002. It just took them 9 years from the original shoot date.

cosmo20002 01-23-2014 01:17 AM

Did a search on AP4 and found articles saying due for release in 2011, due for release in 2012, due for release in 2013, and then one that said nothing going on with it right now.

Will probably get done eventually as I'm sure there's a lot of $ to be made there, but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

rico 01-23-2014 01:54 AM

One of my dream gifs is a gif of Dr. Evil's facial expression when he gasps after Mini-Me gives him the finger when he exits the room in Goldmember... It was right after Dr. Evil told everyone to leave the room, followed by, "not you Scott, not you Goldmember, not you Number 2, not you random henchman arbitrarily turning knobs making it seem as if you are doing something, etc." The GASP is priceless and if I knew how to make gifs, that would be one of the first ones I'd make.

Also, a funny Goldmember (character) moment in that scene. I love it when he is like, "hahahaha, the tiny one can't take a hint. He doeshn't undershtand, he ish shmall." Goldmember cracks me up...I loved how did that stereotypical Dutch laugh when he'd seem like the only villain in the "Evil" layer who "got" the humor behind certain funny jokes or names for things. Like when he mentions "Preparation H," you hear Goldmember giggling. Funny shtuff.

rico 01-23-2014 02:00 AM

Sidenote: Arguably my 3 year old daughter's favorite song evar at the moment is Burt Bacharach and Elvis Costello's "I'm Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" from AP: The Spy Who Shagged Me. Put it on a mix for her and she loves it. I discovered that those two (BB and EC) made a whole album together, so I downloaded it on Itunes...it's aight.

whoman69 01-23-2014 08:21 AM

Further proof Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Pepe Silvia 01-23-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10388502)
Also, a funny Goldmember (character) moment in that scene. I love it when he is like, "hahahaha, the tiny one can't take a hint. He doeshn't undershtand, he ish shmall." Goldmember cracks me up...I loved how did that stereotypical Dutch laugh when he'd seem like the only villain in the "Evil" layer who "got" the humor behind certain funny jokes or names for things. Like when he mentions "Preparation H," you hear Goldmember giggling. Funny shtuff..

"You're not gonna eat that?......... Yeah ya did, that's just gross."

Easy 6 01-23-2014 07:05 PM

The first two were money, it'd be nice to see Mike have a hit again, always liked the guy... but if he doesnt bring Fat Bastard back this will be worthless.