ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Surtain to Arizona? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114490)

Wile_E_Coyote 04-19-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Ronde Barber would be as effective as McCleon in Gunther's scheme. He's a cover 2 corner.

McCleon, Battle, Bartee, Warfield out 4 games...

keg in kc 04-19-2005 07:40 PM

Short of a snippet that begins with "Miami trades Patrick Surtain to xxx for xxx" nothing anybody says means anything this week. Probably gonna be a lot of games played before it gets done, regardless of where he goes.

siberian khatru 04-19-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I would rather have both Carlos Rogers and Surtain, than a 2nd rounder.

:clap:

shaneo69 04-19-2005 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I would rather have both Carlos Rogers and Surtain, than a 2nd rounder.

And what about LB? Start Key Fox, or give Kawika another chance? Or maybe you're a big fan of Scanlon?

Chiefs Pantalones 04-19-2005 08:45 PM

This is only a sign, IMO, that things are heating up between the Dolphins and Chiefs. Saturday is getting closer.

VonneMarie 04-19-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed
This is only a sign, IMO, that things are heating up between the Dolphins and Chiefs. Saturday is getting closer.

I was thinking all along that if a third party got involved CP would pull the trigger. Hopefully he'll be a Chief by Saturday. :thumb:

Logical 04-19-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
And what about LB? Start Key Fox, or give Kawika another chance? Or maybe you're a big fan of Scanlon?

There are still a lot of free agent LBs out there to draw on, unlike CB where the only choice left is Law, a guy that is too old and a real risk not to be ready for this season.

The Scanlon line was funny though.

Gravedigger 04-19-2005 08:52 PM

Good point beer bacon

The Bad Guy 04-19-2005 08:52 PM

Well this would be fitting if true.

King Carl played pattycake with the Dolphins for months now and while some thought it was a good strategy because we were the only bidder, it also could allow teams to get into the mix.

Starting to feel a lot like the Samari Rolle situation. King Carl even saying the Dolphins have to be realistic about their demands for Surtain tells me this thing isn't getting done.

It just blows my mind that the Chiefs can have this piss poor of a pass D and be this lax about fixing the problem.

I don't want to hear about patience either, we have been patient for 4 years waiting for this defense to get fixed and it hasn't.

the Talking Can 04-19-2005 08:54 PM

If we don't acuire Surtain this off season has been nothing but a typical CP joke.

There were half a dozen quality starting CB's and so far Carl Peterson has done nothing but make a fool of himself trying (or mostly not trying) to sign one.

I will hunt CP down if we don't acquire Surtain. I will hunt him down and force him to eat the secret cheese that grows in the folds of Whitlocks bellies.

Anyone who won't trade a 2nd round pick for a probowl CB is a crap gulping reerun in need of a pile driver.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-19-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonneMarie
I was thinking all along that if a third party got involved CP would pull the trigger. Hopefully he'll be a Chief by Saturday. :thumb:

Every year is different, but I remember a third party "threatning" to trade for Green in 2001 in the wakes of the 01 draft. That doesn't mean we will get Surtain, but it's something to consider.

Logical 04-19-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
If we don't acuire Surtain this off season has been nothing but a typical CP joke.

There were half a dozen quality starting CB's and so far Carl Peterson has done nothing but make a fool of himself trying (or mostly not trying) to sign one.

I will hunt CP down if we don't acquire Surtain. I will hunt him down and force him to eat the secret cheese that grows in the folds of Whitlocks bellies.

Anyone who won't trade a 2nd round pick for a probowl CB is a crap gulping reerun in need of a pile driver.

If I did not feel exactly the same way I would probably give you a hard time for this post. But since I do feel the same way :thumb:

VonneMarie 04-19-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed
Every year is different, but I remember a third party "threatning" to trade for Green in 2001 in the wakes of the 01 draft. That doesn't mean we will get Surtain, but it's something to consider.

I can hope...

Inspector 04-19-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
Did I say anything about Surtain assuring us of a Super Bowl? I seem to remember posting "a real chance at a Super Bowl"." Did I post something else? I don't think I did. If you could address my post instead of just making up an argument our conversation might be more constructive.

Did I say anything about not needing more LBs? I have been advocate of signing/drafting more LBs this whole off season.

I don't really see what any of this has to do with our discussion. I think it is pretty evident that Surtain gives us much better chance of making it to the Super Bowl then a 2nd round pick does. I also don't see how you can possibly argue against this. Maybe if we had a history of getting very good players out of the 2nd round, but our history tells us the opposite. We consistantly draft busts in the second round.

If I have the choice between getting an ice cream cone or getting kicked in the nuts, with a very slight chance, lets say a 1/8th chance, or two times in sixteen years, of getting some ice cream that is worse then the former ice cream cone, but still tasty, then I should choose the former. It is not that difficult of a decision.

Your football posts are good, but this one is making me crave ice cream.

mmmmm...ice cream.....

Chiefs Pantalones 04-19-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can

I agree.

This offseason isn't the first time Carl has done this.

I remember in the offseason prior to the 98 season CP had all these great RBs in that were FAs. Our focus was the running game, so everyone thought that we should get a top RB and rid ourselves of RBBC. We had Robert Smith, Ricky Watters, and another big name RB in that I can't remember his name at this time. And guess what? We didn't sign any of them. We decided to go with Donnell Bennett as the starting RB. He had a good first game, then crapped his pants for the rest of the season. Why would one go with a Donnell Bennett as your starting RB instead of signing a big name RB? Because it's cheaper. It's that simple. If I were Lamar and Carl I'd pay my balls off to get the talent necessary to win Super Bowls, because that is what it's all about...winning championships. But not to this organization, whether we get Surtain or not, it's not the #1 priority, or this defense would've been addressed properly along time ago, IMO.