ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Georgia plays "old man football" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263136)

|Zach| 09-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8873733)
The SEC is going to wish they moved them when you guys are done "busting in".

The song is going to change from "you can't compete and will get trashed" to "oh, it is a down year"

I say it is all fantastic.

qabbaan 09-03-2012 09:24 AM

Being a middle of the road team in the SEC on day one would be a very nice place to start. 5 of the top 10 ranked teams are in the SEC.

Some people feel like Georgia is overrated. I don't know about that, but Missouri gets them at home on the biggest day in school history. It's as favorable a situation as you can have in playing a #6 team when you are an "others receiving votes" team at the moment.

In any case, it's hard to imagine a situation where a bottom feeder in a lower conference could laugh at Missouri losing against SEC conference opponents. Aren't there three teams that arent in the conference anymore with more recent conference wins than Kansas?

But, forgetting all that 20th century history, it'll be a fun year. Middle of the best conference in the country will suit me just fine as a first act to the new history that's being written.

Braincase 09-03-2012 09:39 AM

I predict Mizzou wins all of their games by triple digits. Seriously. SEC has seen nothing like Mizzou EVAR!

WilliamTheIrish 09-03-2012 09:48 AM

I know MU lost to the last "Old man football" team they played.

Titty Meat 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Didn't Sheldon Richardson have to go to a juco because he was too stupid to qualify at a university?

notorious 09-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8873723)
There it is.

The moving of the goal posts.

?

WTF

Moving goalposts? :facepalm:

notorious 09-03-2012 02:01 PM

Zach, you must be so used to getting bashed that every observation is taken as an attack.

I said "Good luck with that" meaning Mizzou is playing in a much harder conference.

It's been said by a LOT of people that this is a down year for the SEC, not just me.

Cornstock 09-03-2012 02:02 PM

I see what the dude is talking about. Power I, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, with the occasional play action pass is not particularly entertaining football to watch if you don't have a vested interest. As a fan of college football in general, with no "favorite team" I like to watch a spread offense over the other boring stuff.

I will say that it takes a great deal of discipline and execution to run the "old man offense." But same could be said for other offenses.

Black Bob 09-03-2012 03:58 PM

Pretty ballsy comment there. You don't hear much of that kind of talk in the SEC. Mostly, you only hear from the coaches and they just talk about how great each others teams are. Except for Spurrier that is LOL. This will be a big game and I am not taking Mizzou lightly. That place will be rocking as it will be their first SEC game ever.

If you watch the game, check out #6 (John Jenkins) for UGA. He is the NT in their 3-4 defense and is 6' 3" 358 lbs. He's really good.

Frazod 09-03-2012 04:08 PM

I hate it when they spout off like this. :facepalm:

Bewbies 09-03-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8874723)
Pretty ballsy comment there. You don't hear much of that kind of talk in the SEC. Mostly, you only hear from the coaches and they just talk about how great each others teams are. Except for Spurrier that is LOL. This will be a big game and I am not taking Mizzou lightly. That place will be rocking as it will be their first SEC game ever.

If you watch the game, check out #6 (John Jenkins) for UGA. He is the NT in their 3-4 defense and is 6' 3" 358 lbs. He's really good.

Him at Jarvis Jones (OLB) I've seen listed as top 5 picks by various different sources. UGA's 3-4 is fun to watch :)

I'm excited to see if this game looks like Auburn/Oregon or Alabama/Michigan in that defense rules the day. Very, very interesting match up to open SEC play.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:30 PM

I don't like UGA but they will stomp Mizzou into dust.

mnchiefsguy 09-03-2012 04:30 PM

Georgia was sloppy against Buffalo. If they play the same way in Columbia, the Tigers have a great chance to win. Hopefully Pinkel will have the team focused on playing the best football they can, and we will see what happens.

notorious 09-03-2012 04:37 PM

I think that Mizzou will win.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8874796)
Georgia was sloppy against Buffalo. If they play the same way in Columbia, the Tigers have a great chance to win. Hopefully Pinkel will have the team focused on playing the best football they can, and we will see what happens.

No they don't. Sorry. You need to understand, and you will.