ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Ultra Peanut 10-29-2006 07:08 PM

XBox 360 General Discussion thread

<center>**** YOU NINTENDO I GOT ME A CAMERA</center>

Planeteers Live!
Archie Bunker - W00DR0W CALL
AndChiefs - UnknownNewbie
Basileus777 - Basileus777
Black Ice - Trav2Nasty
BuckinKaeding - LaMesaCharger
CJizzles - Chyeahhh Son
Cochise - Mark66517
Digital Takawira - terrorwrist
Dr. Nick - HeadlessChief
Dunit35 - dyer35
Fire Me Boy! - txd60060
GonzoRox88 - Guns of Gabriel
Guru - lll Guru lll
htismaqe - htismaqe
icepick64 - icepick chaz
Jerm - Jerm411
KCChiefsMan - kcchiefsman
Kclee - WhisperyBoar
kcxiv - kcxiv
KevB - chiefwildcat
Kraus - Trespasser 989
Lzen - Shredder71
Metrolike - pants0n
MoreLemonPledge - MoreLemonPledge
Mr. Flopnuts - Chiefman420
Mr. Plow - HawkInHutch
orcinus - orcinus kc
QuikSurfer - Quikies83
Robo-Chiachi - Roadside Grave
Saulbadguy - Saulbadguy360
Silock - DJSilock
TrickyNicky - TrickyNicky30
wutamess - wutamess
ZootedGranny - WorthingtonsLaw

Ultra Peanut 10-29-2006 07:09 PM

Recommended Demos
Fight Night R3
FIFA 07
Lost Planet
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tony Hawk's Project 8

Upcoming Releases
10/30
Blitz: The League
10/31
F.E.A.R
Need for Speed Carbon
FIFA 07
11/07
Bionicle Heroes
Call of Duty 3
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Gears of War
Star Trek: Legacy
Tony Hawk's Project 8
11/09
Viva Pinata
11/14
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Capcom Classics Collection
Pimp My Ride
Sonic the Hedgehog
Eragon
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007
The History Channel: Civil War
11/19
Big Bumpin'
Pocketbike Racer
Sneak King
11/20
College Hoops 2K7
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Superman Returns
11/21
The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine

htismaqe 10-30-2006 08:55 AM

I'm doing nothing right now but playing NCAA 2007.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2006 03:56 PM

There's a pretty major dashboard update coming early tomorrow.

Quote:

Xbox 360 to Add More than 85 Enhancements with the Fall System Update and Raise the Bar for High Definition Interactive Gameplay and Entertainment

The fall update ushers in the 6th generation of Xbox Live, the world’s largest online gaming & entertainment network with four million members and growing everyday

Beginning the morning of Tuesday October 31, owners of the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft™ will be able to download a free system update that will provide more than 85 new features and enhancements, including support for native 1080p games and movies, faster Xbox Live Arcade game list display times and even more choices when it comes to video playback options.

This free update will be distributed via the Xbox Live® online gaming and entertainment network to all members (Xbox Live Silver and Xbox Live Gold) with no disc or hard drive required. Gamers without an Xbox Live account can easily sign up for free by connecting their console to a broadband Internet connection. Once online, downloading the update is fast and simple, and provides instant access to features such as:

Expanded HD Display and Video Playback Options
· With 1080p resolution, gamers now have the ability to enjoy both game and video content in the best HD resolution currently available.

· Expanded video playback options increase the ways gamers can enjoy video content on Xbox 360. It is now possible to stream WMV video from a Windows PC running Windows Media Player 11 or Windows Media Connect.

· Gamers can now play video files from data CDs and DVDs, as well as from storage devices like USB 2.0 flash drives and Xbox 360 Memory Units.

· Xbox 360 will support 50hz HDTV display modes, providing viewers greater choice in how they watch DVD and HD DVD content.

Xbox Live Arcade Enhancements
· Keeping up to date on Xbox Live Arcade games is now even more convenient with the ability to automatically download newly released Xbox Live Arcade trial games. This eliminates the need to manually search for new downloads on Xbox Live Marketplace each time a new game trial is released.

· Fast enumeration of games: you’ll see the games in your Xbox Live Arcade collection appear almost instantly. Get in and play right away.

· With so many games to choose from, Xbox Live Arcade added new sorting options such as “Recently Played” and “By Category.” These enhancements make managing Xbox Live Arcade collections faster and easier than ever.

· A new expanded Friends Leaderboard within Xbox Live Arcade allows gamers to compare themselves directly against their friends and view leaderboard details of their top 10 friends.

· A new expanded Achievements View within Xbox Live Arcade lets gamers view their full Achievement details for their Xbox Live Arcade games including descriptions, icons, allotted Gamerscore and more, right from the Xbox Live Arcade dashboard interface.

· The “Play Now” launch feature has been streamlined. Selecting “Play Now” after downloading a game in Xbox Live Marketplace now bypasses Xbox Live Arcade and takes you directly to the game.

· Xbox Live Arcade now offers a “Tell a Friend” feature. Select this option from the game info screen to send any friend on your friends list a message telling them about the Xbox Live Arcade game.

XNA Support
· Amateur game designers will be able to test and play the games they create using XNA Game Studio Express on their Xbox 360 systems when it launches later this year (separate download and subscription required).

These features and enhancements are just some of the improvements gamers can expect as part of the fall update. For a complete list of updates, visit http://www.xbox.com/live.

Microsoft is committed to providing Xbox 360 customers with the best online experience possible and delivering added value to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Those subscribers will enjoy exclusive early access to special Xbox Live Marketplace content, such as game demos, free game add-ons, free community videos, and free gamer pics and themes for up to one week in advance of their general release. Paid downloadable content remains available at the same time for both Xbox Live Silver and Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

Through these regular updates, the way gamers are connected to their friends and entertainment is constantly evolving and improving. With more than 4-million Xbox Live members to date, Xbox 360 has proven itself as the premiere gaming platform of choice.

htismaqe 10-30-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
There's a pretty major dashboard update coming early tomorrow.

Like what?

Any word on bugs? It seems they've released some updates that caused alot of problems...

wutamess 10-30-2006 09:57 PM

Upgrade me... I'm on 360 b!tches!
http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/QiQass.png

GoodDaySir! 10-30-2006 10:54 PM

Waiting patiently on Gears of War.....if you have a 360 this is one of those 'must own' games.

icepick64 11-01-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodDaySir!
Waiting patiently on Gears of War.....if you have a 360 this is one of those 'must own' games.

Just got done downloading/playing the rainbow 6 vegas demo, and all I can say is damn! This game rocks. Never been into rainbow 6 games but this game is sweet. Gonna put the preorder down when I pick up my gears next week can't wait. This is why I bought the 360 damnit.

ChiefFan31 11-02-2006 12:34 AM

Just pre-ordered Gears of War from Circuit yesterday. Free faceplate, which is pretty cool. I cant wait.

I havent done the X-box Live thing. Im afraid I will like it too much and never want to leave the house.

GoodDaySir! 11-02-2006 12:38 AM

Right now my main game is Madden. I am not afraid to admit though that I have spent as much time playing Pac-Man on X-Box live arcade the last week. The classics never die.

ZootedGranny 11-02-2006 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFan31
I havent done the X-box Live thing. Im afraid I will like it too much and never want to leave the house.

You'll become less enamored with Xbox Live the more you play with complete strangers. That's why I try to stick to my friend's list.

Judge Smails 11-02-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
You'll become less enamored with Xbox Live the more you play with complete strangers. That's why I try to stick to my friend's list.

That was my problem too. Between dickheads quiting as soon as I took the lead in Madden, whiners complaining about "not throwing strikes" in baseball, and 14 year olds kicking my ass while asking me how to talk to girls, I cancelled my Xbox live.

htismaqe 11-02-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodDaySir!
Right now my main game is Madden. I am not afraid to admit though that I have spent as much time playing Pac-Man on X-Box live arcade the last week. The classics never die.

ROFL

Take a look at my gamercard. I've spent ALOT of time play Live Arcade because I compete with my wife for Achievements...

I'm not ashamed to say I've spent HOURS playing Zuma and Bejewelled 2.

Robo-Chachi 11-02-2006 08:51 AM

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MwC+Tripp.png

I play COD2 pretty much exclusively up until next week when I'll get COD3. I hope to get RB6 as well.

For those of you who hate playing the general public I'll recommend the site where I built my friends list up to about 90 great people Married with Children Gamers

ChiefFan31 11-03-2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

I believe it. Only time I played was with my old roomate. We were playing his 15yr old nephew a game of Madden, we were whopping his ass, then all of the sudden..oops game got disconnected. That little turd. We called him up and talked shit to him though, so that was nice :D

That is the trick I would think. To get a group of online friends to play regularly, schedule times to meet online etc. A buddy of mine at work keeps wanting me to get on the BF2 PC online with him and his buddies. He is waaay to into it for me though.

I think I will get into the online thing in not too long. I still need to tie my Home Theater and my PC together.

orcinus 11-03-2006 03:37 PM

Add me to the list, and thanks for the links.

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/orcinus+kc.png

As much as I love GRAW, the teenaged kids with Celine Dion voices and sailor mouths running non-stop gets old real quick.

DrNick 11-04-2006 07:26 AM

So...did this take the place of the "Handy Dandy XBL Gamertag Emporium Hut"?

Ultra Peanut 11-04-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNick
So...did this take the place of the "Handy Dandy XBL Gamertag Emporium Hut"?

More or less.

Ultra Peanut 11-04-2006 12:55 PM

This has no right to be as funny as it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKcWaDBnbY

It contains spoilers for the final Carnales mission in Saints Row.

Demonpenz 11-04-2006 01:55 PM

you guys should wait for ps3

htismaqe 11-06-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
you guys should wait for ps3

Get the **** out of here with that stupid shit.

Ultra Peanut 11-06-2006 11:01 AM

I apparently just schooled the French national team in a motorcycle race in Test Drive Unlimited. Zinedine, Thierry, Claude, Djibril, Gregory, Sylvain, and Willy ain't got nothing on my Kawasaki Z1000.

Lono 11-07-2006 11:08 AM

Add me Lono40, xbox classic

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2006 09:12 PM

I know everyone's busy having orgasm after orgasm with GoW, but I must briefly interject to mention that Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is awesome in its own right. A veritable assload of fun, it is.

There's so much variety that I doubt I'll ever settle down with just a few characters. Deadpool, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Wolverine, Blade, Luke Cage, the Fantastic Four, Colossus, Moon Knight... too bad Nightcrawler's not playable.

ZootedGranny 11-12-2006 02:08 AM

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is very fun, as is Test Drive (Psi, wait until you see the pure ignorance that is terrorwrist's painted car collection..we'll get together sometime soon).

One game that I think I'm going to be forced to buy is Viva Pinata. Despite the childish graphical look, the game itself is very dark, at least according to other's impressions. Forcing a son to **** his mother and then murdering their offspring with a shovel in order to advance in the game? Sounds good to me!

EDIT: Since Amazon has Viva for about $46 shipped, I had to get it. Plus, this commercial is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svg-DvNARKE#

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

One game that I think I'm going to be forced to buy is Viva Pinata. Despite the childish graphical look, the game itself is very dark, at least according to other's impressions. Forcing a son to **** his mother and then murdering their offspring with a shovel in order to advance in the game? Sounds good to me!
Last night I saw some things about it that made me go, "God DAMN, that is disturbing! I must play this..."

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2006 12:07 PM

Awesome. A recently-rescued Ghost Rider (who ****ing RULES) falls off the bleedin' ledge like a twat, then Spider-Woman and Blade succumb to the sheer numbers presented by Mephisto's minions. I then flit around with Deadpool like a chicken with my head cut off, manage to stay alive, and finally take down Mephisto all by my lonesome.

Jenson71 11-12-2006 04:49 PM

I rented Call of Duty 3 for the first X-Box. It's fun. I'd play it more if I wasn't supposed to do homework.

ZootedGranny 11-12-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Awesome. A recently-rescued Ghost Rider (who ****ing RULES) falls off the bleedin' ledge like a twat, then Spider-Woman and Blade succumb to the sheer numbers presented by Mephisto's minions. I then flit around with Deadpool like a chicken with my head cut off, manage to stay alive, and finally take down Mephisto all by my lonesome.

You may be called to join Terrorwrist and I in battle tonight. It looks like you're a bit ahead of us, as we had just wrecked Mandarin. If we see you, we'll send you an invite if you're interested.

We usually roll with a combination of Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man (as War Machine) and either Captain America or Colossus.

Valiant 11-12-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is very fun, as is Test Drive (Psi, wait until you see the pure ignorance that is terrorwrist's painted car collection..we'll get together sometime soon).

EDIT: Since Amazon has Viva for about $46 shipped, I had to get it. Plus, this commercial is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svg-DvNARKE#

It said it is E for everyone.. That does not seem dark at all, you made it sound like it was going to get a M rating...

ZootedGranny 11-15-2006 04:17 AM

Quote:

Halo 3 Public Beta!?

Perhaps the biggest bomb that was dropped today, the MOAB of press announcements, was the indication of a public beta for Halo 3 coming next Spring. What exactly does this mean? Well, again we can’t really get into the details quite yet (notice a theme here?) but we can confirm that our fans will have an opportunity to play Halo 3 multiplayer over Xbox Live BEFORE the final game is available. You’ll be playing a little multiplayer and simultaneously providing us with some valuable data to help our development team. We’re still working out the details on timing and scope and there will be a lot more info coming in the weeks ahead. We can confirm that you will absolutely be required to have an Xbox 360. Probably not a huge surprise.
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9182

****ING SWEET

Archie Bunker 11-15-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

That is awesome :clap:

DrNick 11-15-2006 11:41 PM

Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :D

ragedogg69 11-16-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Nothing next gen, however.

this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

htismaqe 11-16-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69
this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

Ultra Peanut 11-16-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :D

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Flying while initiating super speed is really cool.

The experience was helped by my realization that Superman is a dick, so I couldn't help but make dickish comments as I rescued/froze/****ed around with people and things..

ragedogg69 11-16-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

Ultra Peanut 11-16-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.
The release of the PS3 and Wii will most likely hasten the end of the generation that us 360 owners have already buried.

htismaqe 11-17-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

NCAA 2007 and Madden 2007 for the 360 have completely different game engines. The physics simulation engines aren't even closely related, let alone "ported".

htismaqe 11-17-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

You said that "porting" was your biggest problem so far with "this generation".

This generation is the XBox 360.

In reality, your problem is with a SINGLE GAME - Superman Returns.

icepick64 11-17-2006 10:14 AM

Haven't downloaded it yet, but I read the rainbow six vegas multiplayer demo is out on xbox live now. Another game I am looking foward too.

ragedogg69 11-17-2006 07:40 PM

ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

htismaqe 11-19-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

Are you saying NCAA's game engine is last year's Madden? That I could buy, but it's not even close to this year's Madden. From what I've seen this year's Madden is not last year's Madden.

And yes, cross-platform games are often ports. It was like that with the XBox and PS2, why would you expect it to be any different with the XBox 360?

FWIW, the PS3 will have the same exact issue.

KevB 11-24-2006 09:43 AM

So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

GoTrav 11-24-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

yep, you can share video, pictures and music from your PC with Media Connect. The 360 has replaced my new DVD player which I bought after the 360. I didn't realize how good of a media center the 360 really was.

htismaqe 11-24-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

There's your reason to keep it.

Three words:

XBox Live Arcade

My kids AND wife LOVE the arcade games - particularly Feeding Frenzy and Zuma.

KevB 11-24-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

There's your reason to keep it.

Three words:

XBox Live Arcade

My kids AND wife LOVE the arcade games - particularly Feeding Frenzy and Zuma.

I knew I could count on you guys.

How much do the arcade games cost?

htismaqe 11-24-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

I knew I could count on you guys.

How much do the arcade games cost?

They cost "points" that you can buy on redeemable points cards.

Most of the games are between 400 and 800 points. The cards run about $20 for 1600 points.

So the games themselves are about $5.

And some of them are classic arcade games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash TV.

KevB 11-24-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

They cost "points" that you can buy on redeemable points cards.

Most of the games are between 400 and 800 points. The cards run about $20 for 1600 points.

So the games themselves are about $5.

And some of them are classic arcade games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash TV.

Wife and kids would enjoy Pac-Man. I prefer Galaga. Might have to give that one a whirl for old time's sake. Thanks alot for the info.

QuikSsurfer 11-24-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Wife and kids would enjoy Pac-Man. I prefer Galaga. Might have to give that one a whirl for old time's sake. Thanks alot for the info.

you have to download the Geometry Wars demo.

Jenson71 11-24-2006 04:38 PM

My brother wants an XBox 360 but my parents say he can't have it, cause he needs to do his homework. Dang. I thought this might be my chance to get to play it when I came over.

KevB 11-24-2006 06:19 PM

I guess the next question is....which games to buy first? I'm more of a shooter/sports game guy....don't really have the time or patience for RPG. Here's my Christmas list, in order of "want":

Gears of War
COD 3
Madden
NBA 2K7

Any other recommendations?

htismaqe 11-24-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

I guess the next question is....which games to buy first? I'm more of a shooter/sports game guy....don't really have the time or patience for RPG. Here's my Christmas list, in order of "want":

Gears of War
COD 3
Madden
NBA 2K7

Personally, I've been playing NCAA 2007 for about 2 months solid and I'll still be playing it when I get some games for Christmas...

Ultra Peanut 11-24-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Gears of War
COD 3
Madden
NBA 2K7

Gears of War is incredible. I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but damn if it didn't feel amazing to run a chainsaw through a mother****er for my first online kill. It's surprisingly accessible and well-built for the console, too.

QuikSsurfer 11-24-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Gears of War is incredible. I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but damn if it didn't feel amazing to run a chainsaw through a mother****er for my first online kill. It's surprisingly accessible and well-built for the console, too.

yeah the chainsaw is fun, till you have everyone on the map chasing after you for that one touch kill.. i hate that shit.. though it's pretty easy to defend (just shoot the ****er chasing u with the chainsaw and it'll cut off, briefly.
i've had a lot of fun with the MP
but have had MORE fun with CoD3 MP

Bowser 11-24-2006 09:25 PM

Anybody with a 360 played Quake 4? I'm a fan of the Quake/Doom series and was curious if it would be worth the purchase when I snag my 360.

QuikSsurfer 11-24-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Anybody with a 360 played Quake 4? I'm a fan of the Quake/Doom series and was curious if it would be worth the purchase when I snag my 360.

i can't tell you how many hours/years i've spent playing quake III arena - my fav FPS.
Quake 4 is a great game... for a mouse and keyboard
it is way too fast actioned for analog sticks, IMO.
another problem is finding games on xbox live.. the lobbies are almost ALWAYS empty.. sucks
download the demo off the marketplace (if you're connected with live)

Ultra Peanut 11-25-2006 08:20 AM

I think my best friend pissed his pants last night when the Berserker exploded through the wall and murdered both of us.

I know I did.

Bowser 11-25-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
i can't tell you how many hours/years i've spent playing quake III arena - my fav FPS.
Quake 4 is a great game... for a mouse and keyboard
it is way too fast actioned for analog sticks, IMO.

Interesting take. Not sure why, but I seem to be more adept with the controller than on a keyboard (with the exception being Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I destroyed that game.), probably because I get too worked up hitting the wrong button and pull an act that resembles that German kid having fits.
Quote:

another problem is finding games on xbox live.. the lobbies are almost ALWAYS empty.. sucks
download the demo off the marketplace (if you're connected with live)
Isn't that because Halo Online >>>>>>>>>> all else? My buddy said he went to play Doom online and it was a complete waste of time, mainly because it couldn't touch Halo's setup. I just kind of thought that about the rest of the FPS games.

Don't have the 360 yet, but it's coming. Just trying to get a gauge of what games are worth the 50-60 bucks.

QuikSsurfer 11-25-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Interesting take. Not sure why, but I seem to be more adept with the controller than on a keyboard (with the exception being Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I destroyed that game.), probably because I get too worked up hitting the wrong button and pull an act that resembles that German kid having fits.

Isn't that because Halo Online >>>>>>>>>> all else? My buddy said he went to play Doom online and it was a complete waste of time, mainly because it couldn't touch Halo's setup. I just kind of thought that about the rest of the FPS games.

Don't have the 360 yet, but it's coming. Just trying to get a gauge of what games are worth the 50-60 bucks.

no, halo isn't the reason for quakes empty lobbies. Gears of War and Call of duty 2 and 3 both have a tremendous amount of activity on their servers. the reason is, not a lot of people play Quake 4 for the 360.. of course, that's different with the pc and mac.

kcxiv 11-26-2006 04:49 PM

What games are worth playing? I just bought a 360, and i need to know what are good games. I gave up on trying to get a nintendo, plus i already had a xbox live subscription, i am ready to go back to play online. I am making my return to online play. lol

I prefer action and sports games, not a fan of single player rpg's.

GoTrav 12-04-2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
What games are worth playing? I just bought a 360, and i need to know what are good games. I gave up on trying to get a nintendo, plus i already had a xbox live subscription, i am ready to go back to play online. I am making my return to online play. lol

I prefer action and sports games, not a fan of single player rpg's.

Gears of War and Madden.

kcxiv 12-04-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice
Gears of War and Madden.

I been playing madden, getting better at it. been stuck on Tomb Raider the last few days though.

Gamer Tag is kcxiv if anyone wants to play some madden or something.

icepick64 12-07-2006 06:01 PM

Anyone getting games for xmas? I am wanting FEAR and Battle for middle earth 2. I have GoW and Rainbow 6, and madden :whackit: , any games you all would recommend?

wutamess 12-07-2006 09:48 PM

Is it me or all games are getting boring?
R6 (similar to Halo) is getting stupid & redundant.
GoW is redundant also - Although story mode rocks.
Madden's AI sucks - no gang tackling - ball going through people - bombs are too easy to complete.

I'm looking for a first person game similar to Ghost Recon & /or GR Island Thunder.

Ghost Recon fugged up big time when the went away from the gameplay of the original & Island Thunder.

Now these games are too unrealistic. The take cover feature in GoW & R6 are too unpredictable and make it hard to shoot to your side while taking cover.

The original Ghost Recon mastered this as you could peak your head around the corner - there was no you can see around the corner by moving the right thumb stick because of the 3rd person mode.

I've heard FEAR is dumb also.

Hoping it gets better than what's currently out there.

QuikSsurfer 12-07-2006 10:59 PM

i'll pick up need for speed carbon in the next few days.. i'm really looking forward to Lost Planet (out in june)
i'm most excited about The Lord of the Rings - The White Council .... this rpg sounds awesome.. and if they throw the fighting engine in from oblivion should be sweet.
http://www.ea.com/lotr/white_council/concept.jsp

QuikSsurfer 12-07-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
Is it me or all games are getting boring?
R6 (similar to Halo) is getting stupid & redundant.
GoW is redundant also - Although story mode rocks.
Madden's AI sucks - no gang tackling - ball going through people - bombs are too easy to complete.

I'm looking for a first person game similar to Ghost Recon & /or GR Island Thunder.

Ghost Recon fugged up big time when the went away from the gameplay of the original & Island Thunder.

Now these games are too unrealistic. The take cover feature in GoW & R6 are too unpredictable and make it hard to shoot to your side while taking cover.

The original Ghost Recon mastered this as you could peak your head around the corner - there was no you can see around the corner by moving the right thumb stick because of the 3rd person mode.

I've heard FEAR is dumb also.

Hoping it gets better than what's currently out there.

F.E.A.R. is definitely not dumb. you should play it.. download the demo.

kcxiv 12-08-2006 08:24 PM

Madden is lame, i thought i was going to get hooked on it, and i didnt. It has the exact same plays as the 2005 madden on xbox. I understand that some plays will be the same, but they havent changed AT ALL. I took the game back after renting it, and i have no desire to play it.

Tomb Raider was a damn fun game, was a bit short, but i enjoyed it alot. Also, been playing fight night round 3. its a pretty good game, but kinda easy as well.

I will be trying out Gears of War soon, Also, i heard a game called Lost Planet is supposed to be pretty damn amazing.

Sam Hall 12-08-2006 09:43 PM

Anybody played Tiger Woods 2007 or Fight Night Round 3?

htismaqe 12-08-2006 11:19 PM

Several people here said FNR3 is a kickass game. I'm going to buy it when I'm done with NCAA.

Archie Bunker 12-09-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
Anybody played Tiger Woods 2007 or Fight Night Round 3?

Fight Night is awesome. It's a must own title IMO.

Sam Hall 12-09-2006 10:29 PM

For you guys playing EA Sports games, has EA fixed the annoying glitches we've seen throughout the years? I've heard complaints about online play.

KcMizzou 12-09-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Fight Night is awesome. It's a must own title IMO.

It is. Amazing graphics.

I also love the lack of any sort of on-screen display. (If you want to know what kind of shape your boxer is in, you judge by his bruised and bloodied face and slowed reaction time.)

kcxiv 12-10-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
It is. Amazing graphics.

I also love the lack of any sort of on-screen display. (If you want to know what kind of shape your boxer is in, you judge by his bruised and bloodied face and slowed reaction time.)

Yep, thats what makes the game fun. You can also tell by the commentators. Its a pretty damn fun game. The Training is pretty horrible though. The actual game play is pretty damn fun. I wanna play online. If anyone wants to get a boxing match online hit me up on here or send me a game /friends request on xboxlive kcxiv.

kcxiv 12-10-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

For you guys playing EA Sports games, has EA fixed the annoying glitches we've seen throughout the years? I've heard complaints about online play.

I played only about 4-5 online games on Madden. It was ok, but when playing against a running QB is pretty damn frustrating, because they just run behind the LOS til someone gets open. Your Dline cant even get close to running down the QB.

kcxiv 12-10-2006 02:33 AM

http://sports.ign.com/articles/750/750189p1.html

it wont have the NFL license. I just hope this is correct, becuase i cannot wait to play a 2k football game again. If this rumor is true i will have this game the first day its out.

I cannot stand Madden. Thank god.

htismaqe 12-10-2006 06:59 AM

Quote:

That's kind of a strange question. Lots of games have glitches, it's not unique to EA.

What specifically are you talking about?

I'm not a Madden fan, but NCAA on the 360 is a superb game.

htismaqe 12-10-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
http://sports.ign.com/articles/750/750189p1.html

it wont have the NFL license. I just hope this is correct, becuase i cannot wait to play a 2k football game again. If this rumor is true i will have this game the first day its out.

I cannot stand Madden. Thank god.

That article is a whole lot of wishful thinking.

You may be one of 500 or so people in the entire world that will pay for an NFL game that features nostalgic, rather than current, players.

If the author truly thinks EA will feel any pressure from this, he's sadly mistaken.

kcxiv 12-10-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

You may be one of 500 or so people in the entire world that will pay for an NFL game that features nostalgic, rather than current, players.

If the author truly thinks EA will feel any pressure from this, he's sadly mistaken.

Have you played madden? its pretty damn horrible.

While 2k may not break sales records of Madden,i can pretty much gaurantee that the gameplay will be better, if it in fact does come out.

EA sports is sloppy at making games.

And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game. EA is just lazy at making games. They have no reason to improve thier product. And i als wouldnt be shocked if the game is released at 30 bucks or so.

Personally, i dont care if i dont get the game everyone is playing. They can be sucker and pay 60 bucks for a horrible game. I will be playing a game that is fun. Well if its true, if not, then whats another year without a football game. its been 2 years already.

icepick64 12-10-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

I'll buy it....2k football was frickin awesome. It also had its fair share of glitches but I always wondered what could have been had it kept evolving..