ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9650260)
And I'm saying that was extremely convenient for them. They were very fortunate things went that way, because they weren't forced to do something they don't ever want to do.

That's ridiculous.

Yes, I'm sure this FO is happy they didn't have to make the decision to draft Andrew Luck.

C'mon now.

-King- 05-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9650187)
Drafting a tackle with Albert, as foolish as it may sound, is a far better outcome than pissing away 1.1 on a guy who would just replace Albert.

Only good thing about all this.

And I don't hate Fisher, just where he was picked. This line should be beastly next season.

TEX 05-01-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9649818)
Well, I hope we keep him. He gave up 1 sack last year. He's arrived. I would've rather drafted Dion Jordan if QB was just not an option, but an ass kicking top rated line in the league isn't a bad thing. Jamaal Charles has more talent than Priest Holmes, and look at what Priest did. That will help Alex do what he does best, manage the game. LOL

The line Priest ran behind with Tait at RT was stellar.

BigRedChief 05-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9650258)
I thought that was you on the left. Guess I have you mixed up with somebody.

http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

DeezNutz 05-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9650290)
Only good thing about all this.

And I don't hate Fisher, just where he was picked. This line should be beastly next season.

Correct. This is the standard that it should be held to, as well. Additionally, with an outstanding offensive line, one of the best RBs in the league, and a legit WR corp., Alex Smith should excel this season.

There are no excuses.

This team has been assembled to make the playoffs this year, and this is exactly what fans should expect.

tomahawk kid 05-01-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9650254)
Soooo Dorsey doesn't cave to Albert's demands, knows he won't get it anywhere else so he puts him out there so he can explore other options, Albert doesn't get it and comes back humbled, Dorsey signs him long term to a team friendly deal.

Pretty damn cerebral and smart if right...

BTW if Albert is here and this comes off, JC will push 2k this year...

This. Given the draft class, I'm unsure if why a lot of folks are outraged.

keg in kc 05-01-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9650284)
That's ridiculous.

Yes, I'm sure this FO is happy they didn't have to make the decision to draft Andrew Luck.

C'mon now.

Call it ridiculous if you want, but I'm not convinced they would've taken Andrew Luck. I said this months ago, way back when everyone was projecting multiple QBs in the first round. Which was also happening the week before the draft, remember - people enjoy pointing and laugh at the drafurbaters, but reality is that the great majority of the mocks out there had multiple QBs going in the first round, and rarely was EJ Manual one of them. So literally everyone was wrong in their projections about this class. Although that's beside the point, really. I believe their philosophy this offseason, regardless of who was available in the draft, would have been making a decision to trade for Alex Smith in January, and then the QB position is off the table for the draft. I said this the second the earliest rumors about Smith came out. I said this again when the trade was official. He was always going to be their guy. There was zero chance they were taking a QB in this class.

Of course I was using hyperbole in my earlier post. Because of course they wish there'd been an Andrew Luck in the draft. They'd have been able to trade the pick that way.

Titty Meat 05-01-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9650315)
Correct. This is the standard that it should be held to, as well. Additionally, with an outstanding offensive line, one of the best RBs in the league, and a legit WR corp., Alex Smith should excel this season.

There are no excuses.

This team has been assembled to make the playoffs this year, and this is exactly what fans should expect.

7-9 will get these fans creaming their pants.

Simply Red 05-01-2013 07:30 PM

They're trading Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-King- 05-01-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9650315)

There are no excuses.

Yep. Anything less than the playoffs is a failure.

RunKC 05-01-2013 07:32 PM

In addition to having 2 high caliber OT's, we also drafted the best blocking TE in the draft along with the best blocking FB (or who they think is the best).

A lot of really good protection for the QB.

Chiefaholic 05-01-2013 07:34 PM

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Dorsey could do to please the glass half empty crowd here. "OMG Dorsey and his goons are trading a proven talent on the O-Line." "OMG Miami didn't bite on the trade offer and we missed out of draft prospects". OMG now we're stuck with Albert's one year deal and now he'll walk next season" "OMG now were possibly stuck with TWO quality tackles on the same line, Dorsey is Pioli part 2"

Look guys, having two dominant players on the same line is a great problem to have. We haven't had this kind of talent since the days of Roaf and Shields (not saying they're that good yet). Charles and Davis are going to tear **** up this season.

Titty Meat 05-01-2013 07:35 PM

Clay will we get another frustrated incorporated video? Perhaps of Fisher whiffing on a block and Smith getting planted?

tk13 05-01-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9650260)
And I'm saying that was extremely convenient for them. They were very fortunate things went that way, because they weren't forced to do something they don't ever want to do.

You've gone too far the other way. You really think Andy Reid would not draft Andrew Luck? Or Griffin? Or Stafford? Etc.

Maybe history will prove it so, but at this point it's safe to say the jury is out. This wasn't like 2009 where Pioli had his head up his rear while other teams made moves to get QBs in that class. It's fairly clear at this point that this entire QB class was very poorly rated not just by the Chiefs, but every team.

And there's no doubt someone from this class will probably have success. But it wasn't like the Chiefs were sitting over in la-la land like they usually are.

What will happen is the exact opposite of what you claimed, someone will be good and everybody will rip the Chiefs for not taking them.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9650354)
Clay will we get another frustrated incorporated video? Perhaps of Fisher whiffing on a block and Smith getting planted?

LMAO

****, that would be trolly.