ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc I have Herpes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273757)

R8RFAN 06-12-2013 06:26 AM

I have Herpes

Shingles (Herpes Zoster)

This shit hurts... anybody else experienced this ?

Frosty 06-12-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9746397)
Shingles (Herpes Zoster)

This shit hurts... anybody else experienced this ?

My mom had it a couple of years ago and ended up in the Emergency Room over it. My 91 year old grandpa got it right after Christmas and is still fighting it. Nasty stuff. I plan on getting the vaccine soon.

CrazyPhuD 06-12-2013 06:33 AM

Only this variety!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MnJrenTkGGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lex Luthor 06-12-2013 06:42 AM

Dang, sorry to hear that, even about a Raiders fan.

Last year, shorty after I read this thread , my company offered free inoculations with the Shingles vaccine. I jumped all over it.

From what I hear, after this outbreak clears up, you should get inoculated to prevent future outbreaks.

R8RFAN 06-12-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9746413)
Dang, sorry to hear that, even about a Raiders fan.

Last year, shorty after I read this thread , my company offered free inoculations with the Shingles vaccine. I jumped all over it.

From what I hear, after this outbreak clears up, you should get inoculated to prevent future outbreaks.

I just read this site and it says the chances of getting it twice is rare...hmmm wonder which one is accurate...
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/shingles-herpes-zoster
Stuff is weird, started as a small twitch and pain in my back almost exactly where I broke my rib last year... then it moved around to the the same inline area in the front side of my rib cage ... all pain is on one side of my body... now I have this small patch of blisters on my back that hurt like hell , stinging burning blisters...

mdchiefsfan 06-12-2013 06:49 AM

Ugh, best of luck man.

JohninGpt 06-12-2013 06:50 AM

I had it a few years ago. It sucks. Valtrex cleared it up pretty quick though.

007 06-12-2013 06:56 AM

I asked my doctor about getting the shot and he said I have to wait until I am 50 to get that. Sure hope that doesn't backfire.

tooge 06-12-2013 07:02 AM

get some acyclovir or Valtrex. I had zoster on my back when I was a kid. It burned like a sumbitch.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-12-2013 07:05 AM

one of my coworkers had it, and had it on the optic nerve and in his eye, was having vision issues because of it and it was very painful. He had to wear sunglasses all the time, even at his desk.

R8RFAN 06-12-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9746431)
one of my coworkers had it, and had it on the optic nerve and in his eye, was having vision issues because of it and it was very painful. He had to wear sunglasses all the time, even at his desk.

Well I luckily do not have it on my face or eye

R8RFAN 06-12-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9746428)
get some acyclovir or Valtrex. I had zoster on my back when I was a kid. It burned like a sumbitch.

I am at the beach today, gonna leave tonite and I have a DR.s appointment at 945 am... Can't get in the pool or hot tub because I am contagious to those who never had chicken pox. So I will sit in the room and drink a few beers, take a long nap and drive home in the dark tonite.

rico 06-12-2013 07:19 AM

Didn't shingles and chicken pox used to be known as the same thing? Shingles used to essentially be known as "adult chicken pox?"

duncan_idaho 06-12-2013 07:37 AM

I had shingles when I was 22 (college senior, going out all the time, working three jobs, was pretty run down and it popped up).

It popped out for me over the nerve cluster running down the inside of my right leg. You can imagine... walking was pretty damn painful for several days.

I had just started dating a new girl (my wife, actually), so I had an awkward phone call - that I made more awkward by leaving a poorly worded voice mail.

It sucks. But I have had no flare-ups since then.

R8RFAN 06-12-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9746444)
Didn't shingles and chicken pox used to be known as the same thing? Shingles used to essentially be known as "adult chicken pox?"

Sorta.. Anyone who has had chicken pox can get shingles
A person with shingles can give you chicken pox if you have never had it.
A person with shingles cannot give another person shingles

Shingles come from a trace amount of the virus in your system that lays dormant around your spinal cord but they don't know a whole lot about what triggers it... Possible stress is a theory.

Full blown adult chicken pox is really bad I heard...