ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

srvy 02-19-2014 01:06 PM

I have no words. All I can give is prayers for the family and wish that precious lil girl did not have to suffer long.

As for the scum that took that little girl I hope there is a special hell where this guy ends up and suffers every minute and every second of every hour for eternity.

Dante84 02-19-2014 01:08 PM

How are we not putting teachers, coaches, and district employees through serious vetting processes prior to hire? Like, psychological evals, etc...

saphojunkie 02-19-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10441485)
How are we not putting teachers, coaches, and district employees through serious vetting processes prior to hire? Like, psychological evals, etc...

The inevitable debate between security and privacy.

Why Not? 02-19-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10441267)
Fathers. If this was your daughter would you, could you, let the law handle it?
Maybe it’s just me but I struggle with that question because I don’t know if I could.
I would, of course, then have to pay the price for my actions but at least this POS wouldn’t be around to hurt anyone else’s child.

**** no. I would try to get ahold of him before the cops did and get medieval on his ass

MOhillbilly 02-19-2014 01:15 PM

IMO he was a drunk and a loser but I never saw anything that made me think child murderer. He wasn't violent just a drunk slob.
I haven't had any contact with him in over a decade but when I'd ask his brother about him it was always the same story.

Fish 02-19-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Very few schools would have the money for it.

Mr. Laz 02-19-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

at some schools the teachers end up buying supplies for their classes

where is the money for vetting coming from?

FRCDFED 02-19-2014 01:24 PM

Very very sorry MTG for this young lady to have been taken from your family. Thoughts and prayers for all. :(

Bugeater 02-19-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

I'm sure they do, but some will inevitably slip through the cracks anyway. And it's not like he'd be off the streets if he didn't have a teaching job, he'd still be a threat if he was bagging fries at BK.

Lzen 02-19-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10441518)
at some schools the teachers end up buying supplies for their classes

where is the money for vetting coming from?

Surely they at least run background checks. Heck, I was basketball coach for a few seasons in a church league and they ran a background check on me (and every other coach) every season.

Big Poppa Payne 02-19-2014 01:27 PM

This is an absolute tragedy, I have a 9 year old little girl and this whole thing makes me literally sick. I hope this mother****er gets dealt with in prison, I hope he gets ass raped every day of his miserable remaining life.

KC native 02-19-2014 01:28 PM

Condolences MTG.

DaFace 02-19-2014 01:29 PM

The guy had been with the school district for 15 years. What would a background check have accomplished?

KC native 02-19-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10441523)
Surely they at least run background checks. Heck, I was basketball coach for a few seasons in a church league and they ran a background check on me (and every other coach) every season.

A background check doesn't predict the future. If the guy had nothing in his past to indicate he would do this then a background check would do nothing.

Mr. Laz 02-19-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10441523)

I dunno

Maybe you could have one person that runs checks on the entire district each year. That shouldn't be too costly.