ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Deberg_1990 02-20-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10443271)
I don't think 4 hours is accurate but the Amber Alert definitely helped...

Actually, did it?

Everything I read said the person who trailed him got his plate numbers. That lead cops to his dads house, who then told them the truck belonged to his son. They then showed up at his house.

Not trying to bag on the Alerts, but it doesn't sound like they provided much help in this case.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-20-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10443315)
Actually, did it?

Everything I read said the person who trailed him got his plate numbers. That lead cops to his dads house, who then told them the truck belonged to his son. They then showed up at his house.

Not trying to bag on the Alerts, but it doesn't sound like they provided much help in this case.
Posted via Mobile Device

The initial evidence was what lead to the case being solved.

The Amber alert is why it was taken seriously and huge resources being poured into checking every lead...

srvy 02-20-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10443290)
uhhhh wut?

OK OK it was a long winded mess. But im working out in the field useing a surveyors data collector.

Also I'm not Hemmingway.

J Diddy 02-20-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10443323)
OK OK it was a long winded mess. But im working out in the field useing a surveyors data collector.

Also I'm not Hemmingway.

Congratulations on being alive and not impotent.

Bugeater 02-20-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10443303)
I think some investigation would have to be done to ensure that it is not used too frequently. According for the Amber Alert to be issued the criteria to be met is sufficient identification, witnesses and thought of imminent danger. I would suspect that the hold up had more to do with identification of the child, but I'm not certain.

Point is the system works, but like anything else, it is not perfect nor can ever be.

Seems the identity of the child would be the least important piece of information in that situation, especially when then other two elements, which IMO are far more important, were immediately met in this case.

They system may "work", and may not ever be perfect, but it certainly seems like it could use some significant improvements.

J Diddy 02-20-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10443350)
Seems the identity of the child would be the least important piece of information in that situation, especially when then other two elements, which IMO are far more important, were immediately met in this case.

They system may "work", and may not be perfect, but it certainly seems like it could use some significant improvements.

agreed.

srvy 02-20-2014 06:43 PM

The afternoon on fox 4 local they questioned the response time for alerts. They said a study reveal the average time it takes to issue the alert is just over 4 hours.

They went on to state that the window of opportunity to save from bad happening is on average 1-3 hours per a national study.

So yes I would say the amber alert system needs some major overhauling.

Hamwallet 02-20-2014 10:43 PM

The poor girls mother that was on the news... Meth. She is on meth. I know the look, meth.

Mr. Laz 02-20-2014 10:50 PM

This thread is a major inconvenience for me.

Stop it.

J Diddy 02-20-2014 11:12 PM

Dude one of the sites members has already came on here and said it was his niece. Tasteless.

LoneWolf 02-20-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 10444354)
The poor girls mother that was on the news... Meth. She is on meth. I know the look, meth.

STFU

Pablo 02-21-2014 12:46 AM

It's probably helping things to quote it over and over.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:09 AM

Good point. I'm never quoting again!

MTG#10 02-21-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10444386)
Dude one of the sites members has already came on here and said it was his niece. Tasteless.

Unfortunately it's true, she used to be anyway...she cleaned up a few years ago. Hailey is actually my niece by marriage, her mom is my ex wife's step sister. I still consider her my niece though and she didn't know any differently.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 07:17 AM

That is unfortunate, but I felt the comment had no place in this thread. I hope you and all else who knew her are holding up as best as possible.