ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8760527)
So this cycles back to my question: if Pioli demotes Cassel this season, do you forgive him?

If we win.

If not, no, because that will be two years in a row he ****ed up the backup QB position.

Fool me once...

I have very serious doubts he will ever allow Cassel to be benched. And if that doesn't happen, and he's here a 5th year, this whole place will be done with him.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8760498)
Coughlin and Bill went from Shit as a qb, to Manning and Brady

Um, no. Not even close.

Or do you think that Mark Brunell in his prime was shit? And while Vinnie Testaverde never lived up to his #1 overall draft billing (read: Super Bowl victory), he was far from "shit" in Cleveland, Baltimore and later, the NY Jets.

Wrong answer.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8760403)
And if you want extra validation:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/tag/.../romeo-crennel
"I've got Romeo Crennel with an 0-13 challenge record at home, but 4-6 on the road." 4 for 19. That's less than a 25% success rate. Yikes.

His challenge record was poor? Oh, then fire him now.

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:12 PM

You know who else sucked at challenges?

He was black and 200 lbs lighter.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760541)

Please illustrate Romeo Crennel's colossal ****ups in the three weeks he spent as Chiefs head coach.

Thanks in advance.

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760545)
Please illustrate Romeo Crennel's colossal ****ups in the three weeks he spent as Chiefs head coach.

Thanks in advance.

Wasn't it Romeo's first game as HC, and the Chiefs were flagged for 12 men on the field very early? I'm thinking the first series or something?

And there was all sorts of talk about "renewed commitment" and "attention to detail" circulating in the media the week leading up to the game.

But it was "same old Chiefs." I could be wrong and am ****ing up the timeline on this.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8760549)
But it was "same old Chiefs." I could be wrong and am ****ing up the timeline on this.

Yeah, same old Chiefs beat the previously undefeated Packers decisively with Jackie Battle running the ball, Barry Richardson manning the right tackle spot, Sabby Piscatelli at safety and Kyle Orton as the QB.

Juggernaut of offensive and defensive talent.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760541)

Yeah, well, he's black. Of course he's sucks at challenges.

:facepalm:

Racist, much?

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760545)

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I can't.

I just know in my gut that a team of Romeo, Daboll and Cassel is a freaking joke.

I mean, we should have someone who's accomplished something in their current position SOMEWHERE among those three positions if we want to actually beat people, don't you think?

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760531)
If we win.

If not, no, because that will be two years in a row he ****ed up the backup QB position.

Fool me once...

I have very serious doubts he will ever allow Cassel to be benched. And if that doesn't happen, and he's here a 5th year, this whole place will be done with him.

Trust me if that happens I will have my pitchfork sharp while standing next to you.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760559)
Yeah, same old Chiefs beat the previously undefeated Packers decisively with Jackie Battle running the ball, Barry Richardson manning the right tackle spot, Sabby Piscatelli at safety and Kyle Orton as the QB.

Juggernaut of offensive and defensive talent.

We beat the Packers because they dropped too many passes.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8760549)
Wasn't it Romeo's first game as HC, and the Chiefs were flagged for 12 men on the field very early? I'm thinking the first series or something?

And there was all sorts of talk about "renewed commitment" and "attention to detail" circulating in the media the week leading up to the game.

Plus, a horrendous challenge (I think it was against Oakland). I just remember it was on a catch so obvious that the replay only had to show it once.

You're right on the 12 men on the field. They also had 10 men on the field and had to call a timeout. Against Oakland, they had 2 blocked field goals because they didn't make an adjustment, so the same exact thing happened. Though on each of these things, I think that's moreso on Hoffman than on Romeo.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760564)
Sorry, I can't.

I just know in my gut that a team of Romeo, Daboll and Cassel is a freaking joke.

I mean, we should have someone who's accomplished something in their current position SOMEWHERE among those three positions if we want to actually beat people, don't you think?

Thanks for the truthful admission.

I think that Romeo is among the best Defensive Coordinators of the past two decades. He constantly puts his players in a position to "win" each series and I think that we can all say that we've seen obvious growth in older players such as DJ and in younger players such as Hali, Dorsey and even Jackson.

As for Daboll, I didn't follow Cleveland when both he and Romeo were in that dreadful organization. But I do know that no one has had any success since Bill Belichick's 1994 season. It's been a complete and utter black hole since returning to the league and Mike Holmgren, who had Super Bowl success in Green Bay and Seattle, is spinning his wheels in the mud in Cleveland.

Daboll took over a bad Miami offense last year and without the help of OTA's and Mini-camps, created an offense about six games in that scored something like 25 points a game. He made Reggie Bush a complete running back for the first time in career and made guys like Anthony Fasano and Matt Moore appear respectable. I'd like to think that with the Chiefs offensive line and weapons, he'll be able to pick up where he left off in Miami and oversee an extremely potent offense, despite Cassel's shortcomings.

I am making no predictions at this point in time but I am hopeful that this young teams takes a huge leap on offense and the defense becomes a top NFL unit with the return of Eric Berry, the continued maturation of Dorsey, Jackson, Houston, Belcher and Lewis, along with the additions of Poe and Menzie.

The future is brighter than it's been in decades, IMO.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 10:32 PM

Even if he won a couple games, the shine came off Romeo as soon as he showed he was cool with coaching a team led by Matt Cassel.

He's just collecting a paycheck.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760568)
We beat the Packers because they dropped too many passes.

Sure.

And the Dwayne Bowe singlehandedly loses games because he drops too many passes.