ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So here's where we are........ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257268)

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 04:23 PM

So here's where we are........

It's hard to believe, but this franchise has gone backwards in a big way.

No matter what anyone says, Carl Peterson may have been the butt of jokes for a long time, but do you believe for a second that he doesn't have Manning in here for a visit? You know he does. He had a great relationship with Tom Condon.

Was Carl a prick sometimes? Sure. It's big business. Not everyone is Mr. Nice Guy.

But I don't ever remember there being this aura of "don't go there, it's a hostile work environment" when Carl was here.

No matter what anyone says, there is no way Peterson stands pat with a roster like this.

Peterson's time had come and gone, but I NEVER got the feeling that he didn't want to win a SB. I always got the feeling he did, but that his plans just didn't work out.

In contrast, what I get with Pioli is that it's more important to make a franchise and the people that work in it, submissive to him. Thus he creates a dictatorship. This is exactly why Haley did what he did before he got fired. To give Pioli a big **** you before he left. I'll stand by the fact that I think Haley is a good coach, and with the right management he would have won here. Shit he did win here. He would have won here last year had we not went into the season with the QB situation we had.

Haley was not a Cassel supporter. That alone should have endeared everyone to him. He knew he couldn't win with Cassel. But rather than get him a QB he could win with, Pioli forced Cassel on him. Once Cassel went down, Haley decided he had enough and tanked. Good idea? Probably not. But sometimes you just get your fill of something and can't bring yourself to say anything than FU.

I have no doubt that if Haley had gone to Peteron and said "we can't win with Cassel" he would have gotten him someone he felt he could win with.

This isn't a "bring back Peterson" post. Far from it.

I'm merely pointed out that while people thought it was bad under Peterson, it's much much worse under Pioli. Hard to believe that we could sink even further but we have.

This is a franchise that no one wants to come to. And a franchise (Pioli) that doesn't want to improve. I know that everyone throws this on Clark, but I don't think he's very hands on. He's not a Jerry Jones. He paid Pioli to do a GM's job. But Pioli is just playing puppet master.

You almost get the feeling that no one gives a shit up there. I don't think it's about money or filling seats. If that were the case then they would do shit to cater to the fan base. They don't. They do the opposite. Why? Because it's a dictatorship. Pioli sits up in his office, and says "**** everyone, I'm going to do what I want to do......because I can."

It's called apathy. Pioli doesn't give a shit what anyone wants. He doesn't give a shit about upgrading this roster, giving the fans something to cheer about on game day or get excited about for the upcoming season. He just wants to make sure everyone knows he's in charge.

So here's where we are.

WE will go into the 2012 season with Cassel. He will cost us some games that mean the difference in going to the playoffs or sitting at home. We'll be subjected to watching him miss wide open WR's by 19 yards and going three and out 14 times a game. Watch him not be able to effectively run a screen play or throw to the back on a wheel route who is completely wide open. You know, throws every halfway decent QB can make.

Pioli will pay some ****ing second rate FA's to come here that no one else wants. They will barely see the field and won't make a god damn bit of difference in terms of improving the roster.

We'll still be bitching that we don't have a true bad-ass nose tackle or right tackle (how many ****ing god damn piece of shit years does it take to replace two mother ****ing positions?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Clark will do interviews where he won't address any of this.

Pioli will continue to never address it.

Romeo will be the only guy that answers a god damn thing, his defense will play their guts out every game trying to keep that piece of shit Cassel and the offense in the game. But Cassel, as he always does, will continue to let everyone down.

2012 will feel a lot like this past season.

If all of this feels like it's coming to fruition, I will spend my Sunday's doing something else. I refuse to be emotionally invested in a team anymore where the action of the ownership never signifies they are doing everything in their power to win a championship.

**** that.

I don't think we can expect a change until Pioli is either fired, or makes a dramatic change in his management style. Even if the latter happens, it takes some time for that kind of thing to gain traction and reverberate throughout the league and to players.

So more than likely, this are going to be just as they have been for the past three years, or possibly worse.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy. But not being able to get a visit from Manning and hearing shit like "going to be selective in FA" (which really means, we aren't going after any big free agents) signals to me that this franchise is in a bad place, and doesn't give a shit about winning right now.

Rant over.

Ebolapox 03-13-2012 04:25 PM

gun to my head, pioli or carl peterson? carl peterson. **** pioli and **** matt cassel. **** YOU, SCOTT PIOLI

FlaChief58 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

This.

ModSocks 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

tl;dr

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

Clark, and Pioli are like two varying forms of STDs

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 04:27 PM

IN POLIO I RUST

Scorp 03-13-2012 04:28 PM

Peyton Manning

Too soon?

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

Chiefs will bring in Fitzpatrick LMAO

Bugeater 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

I don't get this "I'll spend my Sundays doing something else" that I keep hearing. Do you people know there are other football games on?

L.A. Chieffan 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

Lol u people are insane pining for Carl.

Seriously, vikesfan yourself.

Rain Man 03-13-2012 04:32 PM

I bet right now Pioli is on the phone doing the final parts of the deal with Manning. Manning's saying a bunch of stuff like, "I want barbecue, but I want all of the ribs facing north-south when they're delivered to me", and "Two chicks at the same time, but one of them must be South Korean and other one North Korean", and Pioli is trying to talk him into a South Korean and a Manchurian.

Okie_Apparition 03-13-2012 04:33 PM

Do people read these

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:33 PM

LMAO

Is Luv Korean.?

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8449547)
Lol u people are insane pining for Carl.

Seriously, vikesfan yourself.

Who is pining for carl?

Clearly stated his time was up. The point is that as bad as Carl got, we've gone downhill even sense then.

Reading comprehension is valuable.

Donger 03-13-2012 04:35 PM

I'm no football expert, but isn't this somewhat premature?