ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Projection tv help (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107277)

TheBigChief 12-27-2004 12:38 PM

Projection tv help

I just recently bought a rear projection tv. I remember some time back that some chiefs planet members had suggested a dvd that would help you optimize your picture on a rear projection tv. Does anyone remember what this was? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IA_Chiefs_fan 12-27-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigChief
I just recently bought a rear projection tv. I remember some time back that some chiefs planet members had suggested a dvd that would help you optimize your picture on a rear projection tv. Does anyone remember what this was? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

avia

cmh6476 12-27-2004 01:28 PM

should have went with the flat screen tube :(

Fire Me Boy! 12-27-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Don't know specifically what you're looking for, but you can get a better picture with a progressive scan DVD player.

Herzig 12-27-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan
avia

Dallas Chief was cool enough to send me one for free. He works for sony. I would check to see if you could download it from one of the torrent sites out there.

IA_Chiefs_fan 12-27-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

What did you get?

htismaqe 12-27-2004 01:47 PM

It's the Avia Guide to Home Theater...

TheBigChief 12-27-2004 02:11 PM

Toshiba 46h84

Infidel Goat 12-27-2004 03:00 PM

Nice.

I'm starting to watch the JVC HD-52Z575.

It probably costs about twice what you paid, though. I've seen where I could get it (tax and delivery for @$2600), but my big screen budget is more in-line with your purchase.

Since I don't really need HD yet, though, I'll hold off and let the price fall some more.

Enjoy!

--Infidel Goat

Fat Elvis 12-27-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat
Nice.

I'm starting to watch the JVC HD-52Z575.

It probably costs about twice what you paid, though. I've seen where I could get it (tax and delivery for @$2600), but my big screen budget is more in-line with your purchase.

Since I don't really need HD yet, though, I'll hold off and let the price fall some more.

Enjoy!

--Infidel Goat

Can you hook a computer up to the JVC and use it as a monitor?

Bob Dole 12-27-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Toshiba 46h84

That's one of the models Bob Dole has been considering.

Bob Dole expected a pre-Cristmas price drop on < 50" sets, but hasn't really seen it happen. (Bob Dole especially expected the monitors to fall some...)

With Bob Dole's luck, they'll just hang where they are until they stop making 46-49" monitors altogether.

Be sure to post about your satisfaction level after you get her tweaked.

Fat Elvis 12-27-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
That's one of the models Bob Dole has been considering.

Bob Dole expected a pre-Cristmas price drop on < 50" sets, but hasn't really seen it happen. (Bob Dole especially expected the monitors to fall some...)

With Bob Dole's luck, they'll just hang where they are until they stop making 46-49" monitors altogether.

Be sure to post about your satisfaction level after you get her tweaked.

I've been hearing that prices will drop after the Super Bowl.

Miles 12-27-2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

I would suggest "Digital Video Essentials" over Avia. Its cheaper and made much more recently.