ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Nerd alert...CIV 5 coming out on Sept 21... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232111)

oldandslow 08-16-2010 04:48 PM

Nerd alert...CIV 5 coming out on Sept 21...

I will have to clear my calendar...I still play Civ 4 way too much. Catherine of Russia RULES.

Only comp game I truly love.

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-16-2010 05:08 PM

Guess I better clear my calendar for the next month or ten

vailpass 08-16-2010 05:26 PM

Howdy O&S,

I was intrigued by your post so I looked up the Civilization game. Very interesting.

Question: Do you reccomend a newbie start out with Civ 1? The technology looked a little old but if it is a sequential thing I guess I'll start at the beginning.

Thanks.

Saulbadguy 08-16-2010 05:26 PM

Can't wait.

Saulbadguy 08-16-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6938551)
Howdy O&S,

I was intrigued by your post so I looked up the Civilization game. Very interesting.

Question: Do you reccomend a newbie start out with Civ 1? The technology looked a little old but if it is a sequential thing I guess I'll start at the beginning.

Thanks.

You will have a tough time getting Civ 1 to work properly. It's not sequential, you don't need to understand the 1st to play the 5th one.

Just try out Civ 5. If you have a console, try out Civilization: Revolution.

vailpass 08-16-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6938554)
You will have a tough time getting Civ 1 to work properly. It's not sequential, you don't need to understand the 1st to play the 5th one.

Just try out Civ 5. If you have a console, try out Civilization: Revolution.

Thanks Saul. I'm not a computer gamer (obviously) so dumb question:
what do you mean by "console"?

Saulbadguy 08-16-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6938557)
Thanks Saul. I'm not a computer gamer (obviously) so dumb question:
what do you mean by "console"?

PS3/XBox 360/Wii.

Civilization V will be PC only. Civ 1, 2, 3 and 4 are PC only.

vailpass 08-16-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6938558)
PS3/XBox 360/Wii.

Civilization V will be PC only. Civ 1, 2, 3 and 4 are PC only.

We have PS3 and Wii. Do you mean I can buy it online through my PS3 at the Playstation store?

Saulbadguy 08-16-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6938563)
We have PS3 and Wii. Do you mean I can buy it online through my PS3 at the Playstation store?

I'm saying you won't be able to play Civilization on either of those gaming doo-hickeys.

You can probably go to Wal-Mart and find a copy of Civilization:Revolution for PS3, if you are interested in this type of game.

However, Civilization:Revolution isn't nearly as deep as Civ IV, it offers a similar style of gameplay that you are intrigued by.

vailpass 08-16-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6938569)
I'm saying you won't be able to play Civilization on either of those gaming doo-hickeys.

You can probably go to Wal-Mart and find a copy of Civilization:Revolution for PS3, if you are interested in this type of game.

However, Civilization:Revolution isn't nearly as deep as Civ IV, it offers a similar style of gameplay that you are intrigued by.

LMAO Got ya'. Thanks for kickin the knowledge that you can't learn in college.
:thumb:

Buck 08-16-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6938569)

Highly unlikely. The game is nearly impossible to find for the PS3. It went OOP soon after it came out and they didn't make that many copies. I checked all around SD before I found one.

Amazon has it.

Crush 08-16-2010 06:09 PM

Blatantly stolen from Fark:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocket Ninja
I've had a serious heart-to-heart with my computer about this game. I think we understand each other. I said, "Computer, I love you. I really do. But you need to understand that when I install this game, certain things cannot happen anymore. Like your cheating for instance. I swear to you that next time I attack an axeman with a tank, and the axe man wins, I'm going to throw you outside and run you over. And if I'm building a wonder, and I've spent 100 turns getting it built, and it's turn 99 and I'm about to have it and then those goddamn Egyptians just happen to build it THE EXACT TURN BEFORE I DO, you need to know that I WILL CUT YOU. Your cord, I mean. And I farking swear to god that if that Montezuma bastard ends up starting right next to me again LIKE HE DOES EVERY GODDAMN TIME I will set you on FIRE. <b>YOU GOT ME? AND WHY DO I KEEP GETTING GOLD OUT OF THOSE HUTS???? I DON'T WANT FARKING GOLD I WANT A SCIENTIFIC ADVANCE. GIVE ME SCIENCE YOU FARKING MACHINE. <big>AND HOW THE HELL HAVE THEY DISCOVERED FLIGHT WHILE I'M STILL TRYING TO BUILD A MARKET? GODDAMNIT I HATE YOU I HATE THIS GAME FARKING MACHINE JESUS CHRIST</big></b>. <small>OK 1 more turn.

</small>

Thig Lyfe 08-16-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 6938608)
Blatantly stolen from Fark:

</small>

Heh, that pretty much sums up my experience with Civ. I'm not very good at it, but I just can't stop playing it sometimes.

AndChiefs 08-16-2010 06:54 PM

Definitely looking forward to this one.

Crush 08-16-2010 07:10 PM

Civilization IV, already a fantastic game, is taken to the next level by the dedicated modding community. The Rise of Mankind mod, in my opinion, should be considered as the third expansion pack.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/846...yond-the-sword

Also, this site is fantastic for your Civ needs.

http://www.civfanatics.com