ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy blames himself, not Alex, for Chiefs' sputtering offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277519)

The Franchise 10-16-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10091149)
Jenkins has shown absolutely nothing. IMO, Davis should be cut and placed on the PS. No one is going to claim that fumbling machine. It's too bad Draughn is a member of the Ravens.

Dorsey needs to continue to churn the roster.

Draughn got cut by the Ravens.

RealSNR 10-16-2013 11:44 AM

Draughn got cut because the Cyrus Gray was better. And he's still on the roster.

Mr. Laz 10-16-2013 11:46 AM

Everyone involved with the offense should blame themselves.

Blame yourself,Self-evaluation, work hard to get better

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10091226)
Draughn got cut because the Cyrus Gray was better. And he's still on the roster.

At this point, I think Draughn would be more productive than Davis.

Every single time he touches the ball, he fumbles. At this point, he's wasting a roster spot.

ChiefsCountry 10-16-2013 11:47 AM

Davis needs carries. One carry, actually I think it was a catch isn't going to cut it. Let him play, the only way we know if he can or can't get the job done.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 10091179)
Don't want to sound like one of the weeping vaginas but we should have taken K Allen in the third Draughn and Gray would have been fine, we needed a wr.

For as much as Dorsey has absolutely killed it with UDFA's and Free Agents, his first draft sucked ass and rivals Pioli's 2009 draft.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10091234)
Davis needs carries. One carry, actually I think it was a catch isn't going to cut it. Let him play, the only way we know if he can or can't get the job done.

He touched the ball once on Sunday and fumbled forward, out of bounds.

He's a PS guy at this point. I wouldn't let him anywhere near the field until he rectifies his fumbling problem. The guy should be made to carry a football everywhere and sleep with it, too.

warrior 10-16-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10091236)
For as much as Dorsey has absolutely killed it with UDFA's and Free Agents, his first draft sucked ass and rivals Pioli's 2009 draft.

Unfortunely I have to agree

mcaj22 10-16-2013 11:55 AM

well if it's anything like Pioli's 2009 then that means we will get two good players out of it after 4 years of development

KCDC 10-16-2013 11:59 AM

I agree with Dane as well on the draft.

I think Talking Can's point about the role of a game manager, is amusing and fair. Going three and out for three quarters, kicking field goals when the defense gets turnovers in the red zone, and sustaining drives mostly on penalties against the opponent, is not an effective game manager.

Alex Smith is a known game manager; but, he is doing a crappy job for us. Going three and out, but not turning the ball over, is not to be applauded. We can rehire Herm Edwards if we want to applaud that.

InChiefsHeaven 10-16-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 10091270)
I agree with Dane as well on the draft.

I think Talking Can's point about the role of a game manager, is amusing and fair. Going three and out for three quarters, kicking field goals when the defense gets turnovers in the red zone, and sustaining drives mostly on penalties against the opponent, is not an effective game manager.

Alex Smith is a known game manager; but, he is doing a crappy job for us. Going three and out, but not turning the ball over, is not to be applauded. We can rehire Herm Edwards if we want to applaud that.

Whatchootalkinbout? This ain't no 'rena football!!

Mr. Laz 10-16-2013 12:02 PM

About the only strength of this offense right now is not turning the ball over. We can't afford to give Davis carries when he coughs it up about every time he touches it.

fumbled it out of bound, fumbled it and recovered it himself ... probably more

lucky so far

rather have Gray get carries

Sandy Vagina 10-16-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10091143)
Avery has been getting open on the deep routes but Smith is just missing him. Last week he had a long TD if the ball isn't overthrown.

Had a couple of thoughts on this.. and granted, you could be right...

True or false? Every QB.. even the best.. overthrow a receiver once or twice a game. The difference is, those other QBs throw plenty more deep ones that DO connect... so you tend to forget about the one or two that doesn't connect.

Now, I can't say what happened down the field.. but Avery's a fairly small guy. Could be that he was disrupted on his route early on.. which could throw off the timing and accuracy of a deep pass. Doesn't take much.. could be a quick stumble that makes an accurate ball look to us like it was a couple feet too long. Could just be an excuse, I don't know. I do know that Alex's deep passes to Vernon Davis were almost always right where they needed to be... whether on a seam or wheel route. There were a couple deeper passes that moved the chains for us, but via D.P.I... so fans tend to forget about giving the offense credit for those.

RealSNR 10-16-2013 12:18 PM

Tons of people have already brought this up, but it bears repeating.

"Game manager" is code for "shitty QB" these days, but that's not what the term originally meant.

If you're looking for the term of a QB whose only good qualities are playing it safe, not turning the ball over, and keeping the offense on track and commanding the huddle, it's far more accurate to use the term "placeholder."

Right now Alex Smith is being a placeholder for the offense, which absolutely sucks if that's all he can do for us. He can be and has been a very good game manager in the best sense of the word, which is really putting him in the top 10-15 discussion of QBs.

Sandy Vagina 10-16-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10091330)
Tons of people have already brought this up, but it bears repeating.

"Game manager" is code for "shitty QB" these days, but that's not what the term originally meant.

If you're looking for the term of a QB whose only good qualities are playing it safe, not turning the ball over, and keeping the offense on track and commanding the huddle, it's far more accurate to use the term "placeholder."

Right now Alex Smith is being a placeholder for the offense, which absolutely sucks if that's all he can do for us. He can be and has been a very good game manager in the best sense of the word, which is really putting him in the top 10-15 discussion of QBs.

Wow.... agreed. Who are you and what have you done with the real SNR?