ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Was it wrong to cheer Cassel getting hurt? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264771)

Rasputin 10-07-2012 03:07 PM

The only person to blame is Pioli.

Oh and Q.

tk13 10-07-2012 03:07 PM

I think a lot of people were probably just cheering that Quinn would get to come in. Someone would probably be far more disturbed reading posts on this board by people who want Cassel to die, etc. People go a little crazy about Cassel.

tecumseh 10-07-2012 03:09 PM

It's frustration. Not classy, just caught up in the moment. Winston can say what he wants, he gets paid to play , we pay to attend.

kcxiv 10-07-2012 03:11 PM

ill look at it as people cheering that Quinn got a chance rather then Cassel got hurt. I dont htink people really want to see Matt get hurt, just benched or even let go.

CoMoChief 10-07-2012 03:12 PM

Yes it's wrong to cheer anyone getting hurt.

But I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm mad he came off of the field....because sadly injury is the ONLY way Cassel is going to be benched.

He doesn't deserve to start. The players don't believe in him....that's OBVIOUS.

Molitoth 10-07-2012 03:13 PM

As soon as Cassel went down the first thought in my mind was...

Great, now Pioli has an excuse to put him back in next week.
I did NOT cheer.

Then when Quinn grabbed a ball and went in... I secretly got happy.

Messier 10-07-2012 03:16 PM

Not that there was a lot of time to notice this, but did anyone think the team stepped it up when Quinn came in? It seemed everyone (especially the WRs) put in more effort when Quinn was in, like they knew they had a shot at catching a well thrown ball.

Lex Luthor 10-07-2012 03:17 PM

The worst possible thing that can happen for this team would be for Cassel to get hurt and miss significant playing time. That would guarantee that Pioli would bring him back next year, just like one year ago.

I want Cassel to play until he plays his way onto the bench permanently.

Psyko Tek 10-07-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 8988656)
It's frustration. Not classy, just caught up in the moment. Winston can say what he wants, he gets paid to play , we pay to attend.

last week winston was paid for watching
because he did not block

OzarksChiefsFan 10-07-2012 03:18 PM

Wrong to cheer an injury but I think they were cheering for a new QB not for the injury.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8988716)
Not that there was a lot of time to notice this, but did anyone think the team stepped it up when Quinn came in? It seemed everyone (especially the WRs) put in more effort when Quinn was in, like they knew they had a shot at catching a well thrown ball.

Not really. Quinn was better at putting the ball on target, in a better spot and hitting the WR in stride.

dtebbe 10-07-2012 03:19 PM

I cheered Cassel being ok and being able to walk off under his own power.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :harumph:

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 8988638)
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride
Lilja said the original play call on that fumble was not the sneak. Cassel checked to it.

:facepalm:

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 03:20 PM

It is wrong to cheer anybody getting hurt. Absolutely. I got mad as hell when people booed Trent Green for toughing out playing after his concussion.

But this is a different situation. I admit that I clapped when I saw Quinn warming up. I thought Cassel was out for a few plays (but expected him to come back after a few plays). I hoped Quinn would finish the drive, score a TD, and then the QB controversy would finally begin. I became worried when Cassel looked like he wasn't moving and I stopped celebrating.

I'm not proud of even cheering Cassel being out even just for a few series. But let's face it, this team has pushed us to really hate a likable guy who, in my opinion, doesn't even want to be put in this situation anymore. I don't hate Cassel as much as I do the guys up top who are pushing him onto all of us.

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8988716)

No, the QB'ing was just better...