ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Anyone need, or know someone who needs a vehicle? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273392)

Bugeater 05-27-2013 08:33 AM

Anyone need, or know someone who needs a vehicle?

I was going to give my old minivan to someone here on the Planet who was in desperate need of a vehicle, but apparently that person is unable to pick it up, and I can't leave it where it's sitting forever.

So here's the deal...if someone here, preferably a regular, needs it, or knows someone who does, they can have it.

The only conditions are that you will have to convince me that whomever takes it is going to actually try to fix it up and use it, and not just take it and scrap it out. I could do that, but I think the thing still has some decent life left in it. It's currently located in St Joseph so that's where it will need to be picked up, and I need to be assured that it will be picked up in a timely manner without any hassles.

Obviously if it's free, it means it has issues...but none of them at this point are fatal. The major one being that transmission has a leak, but works fine still as long as the fluid level is maintained. It needs a battery immediately. It also has an intermittent electrical issue that can be repaired by someone who knows how to follow instructions, which end of screwdriver to use, and how to use a soldering pencil. There are some other minor issues but I'll go through those if someone decides they want it.

On the flip side, it drives good and has always been a strong runner for me. I just drove it down to St Joe two weeks ago with no problems at all.

Anyone interested?

seclark 05-27-2013 08:38 AM

i'll add a maytag washer and dryer to this for free. wife got a new set and instead of having the delivery guys take the old ones, she thinks she's going to sell them for $50 each. they're setting on my side of the garage and my truck's sitting outside in the ****ing rain.

free...just come get them. they both work fine, she just didn't like the color.

sec

Bugeater 05-27-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9712095)
i'll add a maytag washer and dryer to this for free. wife got a new set and instead of having the delivery guys take the old ones, she thinks she's going to sell them for $50 each. they're setting on my side of the garage and my truck's sitting outside in the ****ing rain.

free...just come get them. they both work fine, she just didn't like the color.

sec

Can you run up to St Joe, grab my van, drive it back to your place and load the washer/dryer in it and bring them to me?

seclark 05-27-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9712100)
Can you run up to St Joe, grab my van, drive it back to your place and load the washer/dryer in it and bring them to me?

only if you come back w/me and mow my ****in yard.
sec

TribalElder 05-27-2013 08:42 AM

The official free big ticket items thread

Bugeater 05-27-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9712104)
only if you come back w/me and mow my ****in yard.
sec

LMAO I can't even keep up with mine right now, we've had like 8 feet of rain in the last month, damn grass is growing like crazy.

SAUTO 05-27-2013 08:43 AM

Which end of a screwdriver are you supposed to use?

What if its got a bit on each end?

What is a soldering pencil?

What color is the van?

Does it have gas in it? If not could you send me some gas money?

How is the interior?

Any other leaks?

What color are the washer and dryer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater 05-27-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9712109)
Which end of a screwdriver are you supposed to use?

What if its got a bit on each end?

What is a soldering pencil?

What color is the van?

Does it have gas in it? If not could you send me some gas money?

How is the interior?

Any other leaks?

What color are the washer and dryer?
Posted via Mobile Device

The pointy one, throw it away, a thing you solder with, white, no, trashed, AC refrigerant, don't know.

SAUTO 05-27-2013 08:48 AM

Could the motor power a go cart?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater 05-27-2013 08:51 AM

Hell yes, it has a strong 3.8L V-6 in it.

rockymtnchief 05-27-2013 08:51 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ggTgTaHCSTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 05-27-2013 08:52 AM

Damnit, where was thisoffer a couple months ago when my son needed a vehicle.

TribalElder 05-27-2013 08:52 AM

donate to charity

Get receipt over valuing vehichle

Rape on taxes next year

Profit

seclark 05-27-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9712106)
LMAO I can't even keep up with mine right now, we've had like 8 feet of rain in the last month, damn grass is growing like crazy.

every 5 days here, and the big mower's broke down so i've had to do it w/just one the last couple times. takes 6 hours and 9 beers.
i was supposed to mow the church yard today, but that ain't gonna happen now.

got a nephew that just got his license living in bellvue. needs something to drive to lacrosse practice/games around town.
sec

SAUTO 05-27-2013 08:53 AM

Do you think it would float?
Posted via Mobile Device