ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   South Padre Island? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119457)

Raiderhater 07-13-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Walk.

Heh. Always do.

Iowanian 07-13-2005 02:00 PM

Be sure to do the obligatory "woo hoo" when taking your shirt off, or announcing to the crowd that you're drinking, or doing shots.

DeepSouth 07-13-2005 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Be sure to do the obligatory "woo hoo" when taking your shirt off, or announcing to the crowd that you're drinking, or doing shots.

sounds like pretty good advice.

ROYC75 07-13-2005 02:08 PM

What part of the island you going to ?

Valiant 07-13-2005 04:16 PM

You are going in a off month, you will see tons of families and old people vacationing...

Rain Man 07-13-2005 04:20 PM

Does anyone have a "Girls Gone Wild" travelogue for her to review?

DJay23 07-13-2005 04:21 PM

Used to live about an hour away when I was younger. From what I could tell, the beach we went to wasn't much of a fun place. It was fun because I was a kid, but I doubt it would be fun now. I still remember the beauty of the offshore oil rigs standing firm in the distance. Stepping on the occasional lump of congealed oil, and poking the huge dead man-o-wars that washed ashore.

Of course that was 13 years ago.

KChiefsQT 07-13-2005 04:26 PM

Hahaha ohh no. jellyfish, flashing titties, old people, seaweed.... I heard it was like Paradise.... someones been lying to me. Good thing the Sheraton has nice pools, eh?

Donger 07-13-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
I heard it was like Paradise

It is, considering it's Texas after all. Could be worse; it could have been Galveston.

arrowhead20 07-13-2005 07:20 PM

I lived in Edinburg TX for a year, and it was like 1 1/2 hours from Padre. i went there every weekend, and its pretty boring but the beach isnt that bad.
heres a secret, when on the beach, go out in the water like 40-50 yard and theres a sand bar thats like waist deep. the waves are huge out there and great for boogie boarding. the population there is like 2000 until spring break, then its like 40,000.
ive never heard of a direct hit from a hurricane down there though, nice beach town, kinda like pensacola.
Have Fun!!

Fairplay 07-13-2005 07:36 PM

I've been there. Its not bad for a 2-3 day get-away. Less expensive midwest beach. Grainy sand. We just hung out at the Sheraton pool/Tiki bar when we wanted sun. Theres a few bars located close by thats not too bad. I thought driving down to Matamoros was cool. Park on the U.S. side and walk across the border into Mexico. There is some cheap stuff located in the shops. Most you can bargain for at a good price. Don't give them what they ask for unless its liquers and prescription drugs.
Also go there during the day. You want to leave Mexico before the sun goes down. So leave ample time for yourself to check stuff out when you go there.

KChiefsQT 07-13-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
I've been there. Its not bad for a 2-3 day get-away. Less expensive midwest beach. Grainy sand. We just hung out at the Sheraton pool/Tiki bar when we wanted sun. Theres a few bars located close by thats not too bad. I thought driving down to Matamoros was cool. Park on the U.S. side and walk across the border into Mexico. There is some cheap stuff located in the shops. Most you can bargain for at a good price. Don't give them what they ask for unless its liquers and prescription drugs.
Also go there during the day. You want to leave Mexico before the sun goes down. So leave ample time for yourself to check stuff out when you go there.

Cool...thanks for the info. I'm staying with a friend in Mission, so we'll only be on the Island for 3 nights. Should be fun, it'll be something new.

HemiEd 07-13-2005 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
I can tell you one thing. Don't get drunk and get inked. Couple of guys I know came back with tats that they severely regretted. Sure I mean, getting Poon-Master on your back sounds like a good idea at the time...

ROFL I needed a good laugh, thanks. rep