ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Expectations and Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271413)

loochy 03-23-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9523994)
You have to leave clay alone. His brain is on full melt down mode. So much so, that the poor guy, is using videos from when singletary was still coaching.

He has nothing relevant to at any point and time when he had a coach with a winning record as a head coach. None. ANd he wouldnt dare post them, because most of the plays are smart plays.

Oh yeah, I forgot that when you have a bad coach you instantly start sucking on an individual level.

Mr. Laz 03-23-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9523988)
Whatever. My argument isn't really even that I believe Alex Smith is all that good. I think Reid thinks HE IS THAT GOOD, and we will be throwing the ball A LOT. When is the last time we were league average in percentage of plays that were passes? I'll guessing we hit that in 2013.

if we really throw the ball a lot then i think Smith implodes.

hey ... who knows, maybe Reid will have the WCO short passing game going so well it could be handled easy.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9523994)
He has nothing relevant to at any point and time when he had a coach with a winning record as a head coach. None. ANd he wouldnt dare post them, because most of the plays are smart plays.

You jerkstain. These are all from the last two years.

http://i.imgur.com/jXxQWcj.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexsucks13.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexsucks7.gif

jd1020 03-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9524001)
if we really throw the ball a lot then i think Smith implodes.

hey ... who knows, maybe Reid will have the WCO short passing game going so well it could be handled easy.

Kinda like Cassel when Weis was here.

Gonna be the same shit.

Tombstone RJ 03-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9523992)
you are nitpicking

no, people don't think there are any top 8 picks this year. It's the elite talent that is missing.

It's a valuable pick and we flush that shit away by overpaying for Cassel's brother. Went got bent over in the trade and losing that pick hurts.

this makes no sense, just because this particular draft doesn't have perceived elite talent at certain positions like QB does not mean that there's no elite talent at any position. In fact, this years draft is supposedly pretty strong for elite talent at the offensive tackle position. This is probably why Reid is willing to trade Albert.

Jerm 03-23-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9523900)
The Jags are closer to a playoff berth with Gabbert than we are with A Smith.

JFC. :facepalm:

Spott 03-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

you are nitpicking

no, people don't think there are any top 8 picks this year. It's the elite talent that is missing.

It's a valuable pick and we flush that shit away by overpaying for Cassel's brother. Went got bent over in the trade and losing that pick hurts.

We lost that pick for a guy that SF was going to have to cut anyways. There was no reason to give up a pick anywhere near that high for a backup QB that's been in the league for 8 years and has whose credentials are barely better than the guy he's replacing. It's like paying a new car price for car with 150,000 miles on it.

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2013 04:40 PM

If Cassel can win 10, so can Smith.

I don't expect much more than that.

Mav 03-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9524000)
Oh yeah, I forgot that when you have a bad coach you instantly start sucking on an individual level.

And then, there is the crowd like yourself, who thinks that coaching has no bearing, and that the mccarthys , charlie weis, josh mcdaniels, sean paytons of the worlds, matter not at all.....

THose are my favorites.

Mr. Laz 03-23-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9524003)
Kinda like Cassel when Weis was here.

Gonna be the same shit.

yup

splatbass 03-23-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

you are nitpicking

This is more of that hyperbole that seems to be all you are capable of anymore. You have no idea if Alex Smith is going to be as bad as Matt Cassel.

Mav 03-23-2013 04:44 PM

Clay, if you wanted to because you are this big of a tool, you could pull up gifs of any qb in the nfl making a stupid play or ten. is that your perception, that the tom bradys of the world dont make mistakes? Like you know, take a safety on your teams first possession of the game for no reason?

Yeah, because tom brady did that. You could also pull up in the giants packers playoff game, you know the one where the giants destroyed them,, where rodgers completely over threw greg jennings, for NO REASON.....

Hey, you could even pull up peyton manning in the first half this year against the falcons where he threw 3 STRAIGHT INTERCEPTIONS.

so i guess with your ****ing logic those are all garbage qbs.

splatbass 03-23-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9524008)
We lost that pick for a guy that SF was going to have to cut anyways.

There were other teams interested. If he was cut we would have had to compete with them. By trading we assured we got him. You can argue that he is a bad choice (although it is way too early to know that), but if Andy Reid thinks he is the best QB available (and he apparently does) then trading instead of waiting for his release makes a lot of sense.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524015)
You have no idea if Alex Smith is going to be as bad as Matt Cassel.

You have no idea if he's going to be better.

Especially since statistically, he's only ever been worse than Cassel's two best seasons.

DeezNutz 03-23-2013 04:44 PM

He'll average 10-11 starts per year, providing, roughly, slightly-above average production in these limited starts.

As he's done his entire ****ing career. This isn't a ****ing guess; it's based on a significant sample size.