ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports MIAA tournament (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203884)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-08-2009 03:59 PM

MIAA tournament

Holy crap.:eek:

Central Missouri won the MIAA tournament, going to overtime in all three games. First time in conference history they've had any team go to three overtimes in the tournament, much less win all three.:clap:

Now, we wait for the Div II brackets to come out.

Go Mules!:thumb:

Reaper16 03-08-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 5566413)
Holy crap.:eek:

Central Missouri won the MIAA tournament, going to overtime in all three games. First time in conference history they've had any team go to three overtimes in the tournament, much less win all three.:clap:

Now, we wait for the Div II brackets to come out.

Go Mules!:thumb:

Good job by the Mules to gut those games out. Poor job by the Mules for allowing three teams that were weak inside of regular season conference play to force OT against them.

Major props to Missouri Western. The Griffs snuck into the tourney as the last seed and, like Emporia State last year, made it to the finals before barely losing. I didn't see that performance coming.

ChiefsCountry 03-08-2009 04:13 PM

Sweet, Go Mules! They are my D2 team.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-08-2009 04:15 PM

Reaper,

For some reason Mo Western and Mo Southern are like kryptonite to the Mules. We'll play strong against Washburn, Southwest Baptist, and then lay an egg down in Joplin.

Go figure.

Still, I listened to a lot of the games this year over the internet and it sounds like every team had its strengths and weaknesses.

Congrats on the Griffons tourney run! :clap:

Reaper16 03-08-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 5566439)
Reaper,

For some reason Mo Western and Mo Southern are like kryptonite to the Mules. We'll play strong against Washburn, Southwest Baptist, and then lay an egg down in Joplin.

Go figure.

Still, I listened to a lot of the games this year over the internet and it sounds like every team had its strengths and weaknesses.

Congrats on the Griffons tourney run! :clap:

What's good is that those three OT games, with tournament pressure involved, will no doubt do the Mules wonders for handling the pressure of the NCAA (Div. II) tourney.

When it comes national playoff time, this Bearcat roots for any MIAA school. Yes, even UCM. Go Mules.

Captain Obvious 03-08-2009 05:53 PM

SBU laid a serious egg against MO Western in the first round. They missed their big guy, Matt Rogers, who was out with sickness in a big way. Congrats to UCM.

Sam Hall 03-08-2009 06:03 PM

I wonder if they have much left in the tank. Hopefully they do because the campus came alive a few years ago when they made a run at the national title.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-08-2009 09:54 PM

NCAA Division II brackets posted:

UCM #1 seed and host of the South Central Regional
Southwest Baptist #2 seed

The Mules meet their first opponent, the Javelinas of Texas A&M - Kingsville at 1800 on 16 March.

Go Mules

burt 03-09-2009 07:28 AM

My senior year we won both National titles....Womens and Mens basketball at CMSU. As Jack Harry said, Pine Street was busy!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-09-2009 04:35 PM

Yeah, I remember, I left Grad School in 1983. So, of course, they won the Nat. Champ. the next year.

28" of snow - classes held as normal.

Win the National Championship - cancel classes.

WTH? :shrug:

Sam Hall 03-09-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 5568630)
Yeah, I remember, I left Grad School in 1983. So, of course, they won the Nat. Champ. the next year.

28" of snow - classes held as normal.

Win the National Championship - cancel classes.

WTH? :shrug:

There could be a nuclear war going on outside and they would not cancel class.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-09-2009 04:48 PM

I remember going to class in a driving ice storm and sitting in Wood Hall with 3 people out of 27 in the class because the out-of-towners/KC commuters couldn't get there if they had wanted to because Pres. Slessinger would refuse to cancel school because we'd gone 25, 26, 27 years without canceling a class.

Demonpenz 03-09-2009 04:57 PM

just wait until Western has nfl equipment to use. Oh snap!

Sam Hall 03-09-2009 05:00 PM

I commute from Lee's Summit like a lot of people. It's tough during bad weather because there's no telling if the professor will show up. I've been burned a couple times because the professor had gone home. The best professors will e-mail the class, but that's rare.

I'll never forget the time in community college when the administration canceled classes, but I had class because the instructor and enough people showed up.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03-17-2009 08:27 PM

Congrats to UCM for winning the South Central Regional and advancing to the Elite Eight.

UCM defeated Southwest Baptist 98-63 and now faces Gannon University in the quarterfinals.

Go Mules!