ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Do Geno fans have overinflated expectations? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271406)

NorthernWV 03-23-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 9523383)
after i saw him go to shit in the KState game .. i lost my trust in him .. what could he do in the NFL with those defenses .. nothing .....

He threw for 500+ yards against LSU with Claiborne, Matthieu, Reid, Mingo, etc...he didn't only torch bad defenses, he did it to good ones too

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2013 05:00 PM

Too risky, gotta draft Pillsbury Doughboy

jd1020 03-23-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernWV (Post 9524025)
He threw for 500+ yards against LSU with Claiborne, Matthieu, Reid, Mingo, etc...he didn't only torch bad defenses, he did it to good ones too

I like Geno but I don't get why people bring up that game.

His ypa was awful in that game. He threw the ball like 60 times and probably should have throw 5 interceptions but 3 were dropped.

Mr. Kotter 03-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

If Reid and Dorsey believe that Alex Smith is on an upward trajectory careerwise, then we got him for a steal.

Therein lies the key. I'm not expecting it, but I'm hopeful that Dorsey and Reid know more about football than I do, and have made a shrewd move here.

As far as Geno, I'd still like to draft him at 1-1 regardless. Can you friggin' IMAGINE this joint--without a serious beef to whine-and-bitch-and-snivel about??!!! Otherwise, re-acquiring a second and settling for a 2nd-3rd round QB developmental project could be okay too--though, clearly, much less orgasmic.

For now, given the off-season moves and the Pro-bowlers on this squad, I seriously cannot imagine NOT winning at least 8 or 9 games; on the other hand, that's clearly not even close to good enough...unless they do draft Geno too. In that case, the FO and Coaching staff would have earned another year to guage exactly where we "are" by the end of next year.

B14ckmon 03-23-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9524084)
I like Geno but I don't get why people bring up that game.

His ypa was awful in that game. He threw the ball like 60 times and probably should have throw 5 interceptions but 3 were dropped.

No. And One of those INTs wasn't even his fault. It was Austin's.

keg in kc 03-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9524130)
As far as Geno, I'd still like to draft him at 1-1 regardless.

What I'd love (and this is IMPOSSIBLE) would be to trade down and draft him later.

I'm not suggesting they try this (it would be monumentally risky if he's their guy, and stupid to boot).

I'm not suggesting it's even remotely possible (IT'S NOT).

But it would be the perfect way to shut up those of us who want Geno on one hand and those of us who don't think he's worth 1:1 on the other.

SAUTO 03-23-2013 06:07 PM

It would make the Geno detractors unbearable keg
Posted via Mobile Device

WhiteWhale 03-23-2013 07:45 PM

Dumb logic is dumb.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 10:16 PM

Here's your difference: Alex Smith will throw for more yards than Geno, of that I have no doubt. Geno's efforts however, will be must-have, game-changing, mind-blowing, face-raping clutch throws that win games. Hope that clears it up for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

DomerNKC 03-23-2013 11:41 PM

I love Geno and I hope we draft him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-23-2013 11:54 PM

Watching Geno lead an offense is pure joy and excitement. Watching Alex Smith stumble down the stairs is...well...yeah.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 03-24-2013 01:43 AM

Geno Sanchez...

....hasn't even played a down, slapdicks.

whoman69 03-24-2013 07:19 AM

Is Alex Smith a franchise QB?

I have no expectations for Geno Smith. I do have expectations for what Geno Smith can do for this franchise. We would finally put 30 years of signing somebody else's retread to be our QB. I wouldn't care if after three years we had to rinse and repeat. IMO Reid and Dorsey are afraid that if that happens they won't be there to make the next selection. The move to get Alex Smith was nothing more than a play it safe/job security action.

King_Chief_Fan 03-24-2013 07:20 AM

I don't have any expectations for a guy who is not going to be in a Chiefs uniform

now if the Chiefs draft him.yes

milkman 03-24-2013 09:07 AM

This has been touched, but directly addressed.

There's a difference between expectation and hope.