ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Don Banks from SI on Chiefs Coaching/GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268090)

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9244291)
Yes, because he's improved his win total from the previous season by 3 or 4 games compared to last season. And for being able to win 10/11 games his 3rd season in Seattle.

I think he's done an outstanding job this year with a rookie QB.

I'd give it to him or Mike Shanahan.

John Fox is inelgible for having Peyton Manning at QB.

Bruce Arians. Sure...luckiest team ever. The Colts are luckier than the 2010 Chiefs, and it's not close. If they land the #6 seed and play the Patriots...they will lose by 21+.

That team is one of those teams that is primed for a 5-11 next year. I think Andrew takes his BIG leap in year 3.

LoneWolf 12-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244226)
the NFL coach of the year award should go to Pete Carroll.

I would never give a COY to a Peyton Manning led team...or a Tom Brady led team...or an Aaron Rodgers led team...unless MAYBE the team went 16-0.

Well it's a good thing the article didn't mention John Fox, Bill Belichik, or Mike McCarthy. The job Arians has done with that Colts team is certainly worthy of consideration for COY.

ZootedGranny 12-27-2012 05:06 PM

I don't know much about that list of GMs beyond cursory Google searches, but I hope that list is legit for the mere fact that it's exactly the hiring strategy Clark Hunt should stick with.

I was fearful that Pioli & Haley's flameouts would make Clark cautious and have him return to the old guard, rather than give a chance to someone new.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:06 PM

That's fine. I guess I don't disagree. I personally like what Carroll and Shanahan has done more, but that's just me. The Colts have just been SO lucky...they have gotten literally every bounce.

But hey, hats off. I don't really want Arians to be our next coach but I won't cry about it...there are much worse choices out there.

Molitoth 12-27-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9244257)
IMO Pioli would have been a success in KC if he hadnt been a complete reerun regarding the quarterback position. I don't think his drafts were bad (outside of his 09 class, which was ****ing terrible) and I don't think his free agent classes were that bad, either.

I think firing Haley was a HUGE mistake and doubling and tripling down on Cassel is what is gonna get his ass fired.

Deservedly so.

A GMs job is three major parts:

Hire a good head coach
Draft the right quarterback
Hit a lot of singles and doubles in the draft and a homerun at least once every other draft.

Yep. Cassel is the monkey on Pioli's back... all he had to do was admit one mistake.

notorious 12-27-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

IMO Pioli would have been a success in KC if he hadnt been a complete reerun regarding the quarterback position. I don't think his drafts were bad (outside of his 09 class, which was ****ing terrible) and I don't think his free agent classes were that bad, either.

I think firing Haley was a HUGE mistake and doubling and tripling down on Cassel is what is gonna get his ass fired.

Deservedly so.

Hire a good head coach
Hit a lot of singles and doubles in the draft and a homerun at least once every other draft.

I agree, it all comes down to Pioli being a complete ****ing reerun with Cassel.

Cassel led to Haley's firing, Crennel's hiring as HC, completely alienating the fans, etc.

If Pioli is retained, say hello to Josh McDaniels.

OnTheWarpath15 12-27-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Deservedly so.

Hire a good head coach

His drafts weren't bad?

4 years and not a single impact player. Houston might prove to be one, but even then - one impact player in 4 drafts?

That's a huge reason why this team has gone full circle back to the 2-14 hell Pioli inherited.

notorious 12-27-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9244327)
His drafts weren't bad?

4 years and not a single impact player. Houston might prove to be one, but even then - one impact player in 4 drafts?

That's a huge reason why this team has gone full circle back to the 2-14 hell Pioli inherited.

A QB masks a lot of garbage.

OnTheWarpath15 12-27-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9244328)
A QB masks a lot of garbage.

Key word is "masks".

Having a legit QB doesn't make those picks any better.

notorious 12-27-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9244335)
Key word is "masks".

Having a legit QB doesn't make those picks any better.

I agree, but it buys Pioli another 4 years.

Why is he so ****ing stubborn? :facepalm:

Goldmember 12-27-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9244327)
His drafts weren't bad?

Agreed. How anyone can defend what Pioli has done in the drafts is beyond me. Hell almost anyone on CP would have done better.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:14 PM

With Zimmer, my initial reaction is HELL NO, I WANT A QB FRIENDLY OFFENSIVE FOCUS.

But i could maybe live with it, depending on who he brought on as OC, and how much leeway he was given.

But Don, and every other pundit better just quit worrying about Clark and piolis supposed relationship... nothing less than complete regime change is going to reignite the KC fanbase, and Clark SURELY knows this by now.

notorious 12-27-2012 05:16 PM

If Pioli is retained, hires a new coach, and drafts Geno Smith, he will get sucked off by 95% of the fans.

Talk is tough now, but that shit will go out of the window in an instant.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:19 PM

well I think Houston and Berry will be impact players...

and I suppose I won't give up on Asomoah, Allen or Stephenson yet.

I sort of liked what I saw out of Wylie last game.

Guess I can't give up on Poe either.

But yeah, Pioli sucks. I do give him a pass on 2009 because that draft was shit. He passed on Gronk, Graham and Hernandez in 2010 so he can blow me on that draft.

Rams Fan 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244307)
I think he's done an outstanding job this year with a rookie QB.

I'd give it to him or Mike Shanahan.

John Fox is inelgible for having Peyton Manning at QB.

Bruce Arians. Sure...luckiest team ever. The Colts are luckier than the 2010 Chiefs, and it's not close. If they land the #6 seed and play the Patriots...they will lose by 21+.

That team is one of those teams that is primed for a 5-11 next year. I think Andrew takes his BIG leap in year 3.

I agree with you 100% about the Colts, however, I still think Arians has done a great job considering the circumstances.

Frazier has also done a good job, too.