ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Your best meal you cook to optimize the impression your guest will get. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172489)

Simply Red 10-16-2007 06:12 PM

NFT: Your best meal you cook to optimize the impression your guest will get.

So, what is it? If you really had to `bring it,` to impress. What would you bring to the table (cook?)

Easy 6 10-16-2007 06:26 PM

I gots a bunch of'em.

A SICK Crab Rangoon (i make'em for the Super Bowl every year & i ALWAYS get laid).

Chicken Parmesan, with a great sauce...olive oil, red wine, garlic...Mmmm, pasta al dente of course.

Fried whole catfish, with slaw & some sort of tater...that always hits the spot.

Carne Asada tacos, very simple...chopped steak, onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, on a steamed corn shell...oh yeah.

Thats just a sample.

KcMizzou 10-16-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
A SICK Crab Rangoon (i make'em for the Super Bowl every year & i ALWAYS get laid).

LMAO

Simply Red 10-16-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

I gots a bunch of'em.

Chicken Parmesan, with a great sauce...olive oil, red wine, garlic...Mmmm, pasta al dente of course.

Fried whole catfish, with slaw & some sort of tater...that always hits the spot.

Carne Asada tacos, very simple...chopped steak, onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, on a steamed corn shell...oh yeah.

Thats just a sample.

These are all nice choices scott :clap: . Funny, because I had crab rangoon w/ me lo mein tonight. I'd like that recipe, if/when you find time.

Rain Man 10-16-2007 06:31 PM

I've got a Tunisian dish that was the Bon Appetit entree of the year a few years back. It takes all day, and it's got all sorts of spices and fruits around a base of pork. It's pretty amazing.

(Clarification: it's not my creation. I just make it from Bon Appetit's recipe.)

Vegas_Dave 10-16-2007 06:34 PM

Big fat Ribeyes! Grilled Corn on the Cob (30 minutes). Baked Potatoe on the Grill (1 hour with slabs of butter and lots of oinion in the center of each potater).

Yummy.

Simply Red 10-16-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I've got a Tunisian dish that was the Bon Appetit entree of the year a few years back. It takes all day, and it's got all sorts of spices and fruits around a base of pork. It's pretty amazing.

(Clarification: it's not my creation. I just make it from Bon Appetit's recipe.)

nice *whispering with admiration

Bwana 10-16-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

LMAO

As it should be!

Simply Red 10-16-2007 06:39 PM

4 split chick. breast bone in skin on
one 10 oz. jar O apricot preserves
1/2 cup O onion
1/2 cup O dry sherry
1/2 cup O soy sauce
Dash O black pepper

Mix everything together in mixing bowl. Pour over chicken. Bake 30 minute at 350 reduce to 250 for 1.5 hrs. Serve with plain white rice and green beens accompany this nicely.

Easy 6 10-16-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
These are all nice choices scott :clap: . Funny, because I had crab rangoon w/ me lo mein tonight. I'd like that recipe, if/when you find time.

I dont really use a recipe as far as measurements, i just eyeball it 'til it looks right...but heres the ingredients.

Fake crab meat, 1 package.

Chopped fresh ginger, a must...but try to go easy, 'bout a TBSP.

A few dashes of soy sauce.

Sesame oil, cant make'em without it...but again, go easy, the stuff is strong.

Cream cheese (soft), about 2 small tubs.

Tiny pinch of minced garlic.

Minced green onion.

You want a fairly firm mix, pouch it up in spring roll shells & fry 'til golden brown. Dip in a sweet & sour sauce.

Glad to see some of ya got the Charlie Sheen on SNL reference.

Joe Seahawk 10-16-2007 07:22 PM

PAPA A LA HUANCAINA :drool:

beer bacon 10-16-2007 07:22 PM

Beef flavored ramen noodles, or possibly Tuna Helper.

cdcox 10-16-2007 07:25 PM

I'm best known for my egg rolls, so I'd go with those.

But I do a beef fillet with a great pan sauce and side of stuffed mushrooms that is out of this world. It's our standard fare for family celebrations.

I've got another dozen or more dishes that are better than 99% of resturaunt fare.

Simply Red 10-16-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
I'm best known for my egg rolls, so I'd go with those.

But I do a beef fillet with a great pan sauce and side of stuffed mushrooms that is out of this world. It's our standard fare for family celebrations.

I've got another dozen or more dishes that are better than 99% of resturaunt fare.

Found a great aeoli for dipping or drizzle over grilled shrimp or scallops. Phenomenal, best I've had. Getting recipe now. Hang tight.

Simply Red 10-16-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
Beef flavored ramen noodles, or possibly Tuna Helper.

Excellent. Thanks for contributing. :)