ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck to be the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275524)

listopencil 08-23-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907818)
DC, outside of Batman, sucks Dude.

Too many superpowers. Why couldn't Green Latern destroy Supes or Batman or Wonder Woman?

Aqua Man? ****ing Aqua Man?

He should open a sushi restaurant and call it a day because he's ****ing worthless unless he's related to Blackbeard and can help hunt pirate treasure.

I just browsed a list of DC characters (http://www.dccomics.com/characters) and...yeah...lots of suck. Batman is my favorite superhero though, when allowed to be properly "dark." Something I stumbled on while looking at that crappy list was this:

Damian Wayne

http://www.dccomics.com/sites/defaul...mianwayne1.jpg

Born from a union between the Dark Knight and the daughter of one of his greatest enemies, Talia al Ghul, Damian Wayne is the ultimate poster boy of nature versus nurture—raised to become one of the world’s most dangerous and deadliest assassins and an unwilling chess piece in an ever-escalating battle between his parents.

Created and raised for years without Batman’s knowledge, Damian was taught by his mother and the League of Assassins to become a lethal fighting machine—at 10-years-old, he already far surpasses the skill and ability of many of the DC Universe’s greatest fighters. Upon discovering Damian’s existence, Batman took his son under his wing as the new Robin in order to train him and break him from Talia’s programming, terrified of what the boy could become otherwise.

Although many find Damian incredibly arrogant, his skills, abilities and intelligence do support his superior attitude. However, despite this, under his father’s tutelage, Damian is learning how to better relate to others while constantly struggling with the murderous tendencies instilled in him from a young age.

Although his behavior at times suggests otherwise, Damian desperately wants to become a hero like his father and fights every second to stay on the path of heroism lest his mother’s nature turn him to villainy.

That would make a more interesting "reboot" to me than Batman vs. Superman. Sort of a Batman vs. Robin thing that follows a conflict between father and son, where they ultimately become Batman and Robin by the end of the movie.

mdchiefsfan 08-23-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907519)
Chris Evans was in Fantastic Four and was hired years later as Captain America.

Damn him to hell for actually working in this town.

:rolleyes:

LMAO The time gap is even greater for Affleck.

OT: I think they are about to reboot Daredevil, come to think of it. I know Marvel just reacquired the rights to it.

Chief Gump 08-23-2013 07:04 AM

I wonder why they didn't just transition Joseph Gordon-Levitt into the position. Couldn't they have introduced some sort of story line that made him the new one?

mdchiefsfan 08-23-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907818)
DC, outside of Batman, sucks Dude.

Too many superpowers. Why couldn't Green Latern destroy Supes or Batman or Wonder Woman?

Aqua Man? ****ing Aqua Man?

He should open a sushi restaurant and call it a day because he's ****ing worthless unless he's related to Blackbeard and can help hunt pirate treasure.

Aqua man has always had the role of comic relief, even in the comics.

There is an ongoing joke within the comics where if a robber is caught or a person is saved, they ask,"Who caught/saved you?"

- "Aquaman."

- "Oh, HAHA!"

CoMoChief 08-23-2013 07:09 AM

just saw this

WTF????

CoMoChief 08-23-2013 07:40 AM

Daredevil, nothing else needs to be said

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9908014)
just saw this

WTF????

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9908055)
Daredevil, nothing else needs to be said

And just when I'm certain this move is going to royally suck, a beacon of light appears.

The Franchise 08-23-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9908299)
And just when I'm certain this move is going to royally suck, a beacon of light appears.

LMAO

Frazod 08-23-2013 10:21 AM

Can somebody combine these threads? I like all my Affleck hate in one place.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 01:00 PM

Apparently a petition was already submitted to Obama/White House to ban Ben from being Batman. That might be the most useful thing Obama has done in office. http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fans-pe...164352377.html

Molitoth 08-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907721)

Christopher Nolan got it right. The Dark Knight trilogy was a amazing. The first Iron Man film was really entertaining. The first Thor movie showed promise. The Green Lantern and Captain America were boring and trite. The Hulk with Ed Norton showed promise but Ang Lee's version was shit, IMO, as was Iron Man 2 and especially, The Avengers.

I couldn't care less about Batman Vs. Superman because I think that Zach Snyder is a schiester hack. But I think Affleck has real Hollywood talent, so I'll hold out judgment until I see the inevitable piece of shit movie it will most likely be.

:D

Dane. :clap:
****ing nailed my opinion.

The Avengers is laughable. You take Iron Man (realism, based on technology much like Nolans Batman) and plop him down in a world full of superheroes and other dimensional worlds... bullshit. It's hard to find someone who agrees with me here. I absolutely HATED the idea of the Avengers, and I HATE the idea of bringing Batman and Superman together. Don't get me started on the ****ing Justice League.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9908977)
Dane. :clap:
****ing nailed my opinion.

The Avengers is laughable. You take Iron Man (realism, based on technology much like Nolans Batman) and plop him down in a world full of superheroes and other dimensional worlds... bullshit. It's hard to find someone who agrees with me here. I absolutely HATED the idea of the Avengers, and I HATE the idea of bringing Batman and Superman together. Don't get me started on the ****ing Justice League.

You realize Iron Man isn't real right? Its comic book science fiction.
Posted via Mobile Device