ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Trade for Nick Foles Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270241)

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9458165)
Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Here you go.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458191)
Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...yumyumandy.gif

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457998)
He absolutely is.

Vick is your starter. Dixon is your backup.

They've wanted to trade Foles from the day Chip Kelly arrived.

That means that Trent Edwards and Nick Foles are not long for Philly.

Only Philly can't execute a trade because no team thinks Foles is a starter, and you don't trade picks for a backup.

Foles will hit the market. He'll either get waiver'd by KC, or he'll follow Andy Reid since he knows Reid loves him and will give him his best shot.

I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9458211)
I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458217)
The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

We will see. If Chip doesn't go for another QB in the draft, I really don't think its crazy to think he keeps Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 07:35 PM

So, they keep Trent Edwards(street trash) and cut Foles (a guy they wanted a 2nd for)....got it LMAO

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:38 PM

Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458310)
Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458313)
I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458326)
You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

I bet you just say that to all the girls.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 07:48 PM

Alex Smith turns out to be the father of orphaned baby Belcher. The players refuse to play with him. He is traded for Foles and crates of turf stained used batteries.

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:49 PM

I like the Smith trade. But I want a young guy behind him. Foles would be great. some of these guys that are riding the "draft our own qb or Die" program are starting to sound pretty stupid and repetitive. besides there's only 1 guy in the draft that I like this year, Bray.

since I've been watching the draft happenings more closely, there's only been a few QB's that I really wanted the Chiefs to target. Besides top guys like luck and rgIII, of course.

Jimmy Clausen
Colin Kaepernick
Dan LaFevour
Nick Foles
Tyler Bray

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458340)
Alex Smith turns out to be the father of orphaned baby Belcher. The players refuse to play with him. He is traded for Foles and crates of turf stained used batteries.

speaking of unusual trades I was wondering earlier if we could get a ham sandwich and 1 of those old style window air conditioners with a broken dial out of Cassel.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458347)
speaking of unusual trades I was wondering earlier if we could get a ham sandwich and 1 of those old style window air conditioners with a broken dial out of Cassel.

He will become a FA Viking and Jared will get him hooked on near beer. Divorce and hooker cruises sure to follow.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2013 08:33 PM

So WHEN would Philly cut Foles if they were to do so...? They would hang onto him untill the draft at least to see if anyone steps up with any trade offers...right?