ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271290)

patteeu 07-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9812826)
Let me know if you finalize them.....hoping to see a few other MU fans there at the game.

:thumb:

BourbonMan 07-21-2013 08:43 PM

COLUMBIA — A preseason position change has paid off in a big way for Roderick Winters.

Danny DeArman, the head coach at Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas, said Winters — a fledgling wide receiver as a sophomore — switched to linebacker before the 2012 season due to a lack of numbers at the position.

Winters, it turn, responded with a monster junior campaign in which he racked up 93 tackles, and his name popped on the radar of Missouri defensive coordinator Dave Steckel, who eventually offered him a scholarship. On Sunday, Winters cashed in on that offer, officially becoming MU’s 14th verbal commitment for the Class of 2014.

“He was just an average receiver, so after his sophomore year we needed help on the defensive side of the ball,” DeArman said. “We moved him to linebacker and he is just knocking people out.”

DeArman credits’ Winters’ intelligence for the quick adjustment, calling him a film junkie and a smart kid in the classroom, too (citing his 3.2 GPA).

“He wants to major in engineering, so he’s a very intelligent kid,” DeArman said. “He’s one of those kids you want to adopt.”

Of course, there’s also plenty of physical talent. DeArman said Winters, who is listed at 5-feet-11, 196 pounds and had scholarship offers from Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, North Dakota and Sam Houston State (according to Rivals), ran a 4.52 40-yard dash and posted a 39-inch vertical at a Missouri camp this June, which directly contributed to the scholarship offer.

“He didn’t have much publicity, but I have a relationship with Coach Steckel and he felt like there was something about Rod that was pretty interesting and that he had a good upside,” DeArman said. “He came out, watched him and got him up there for a camp, and Rod put up some good numbers there.”

Winters comes from the same high school program that produced former Tiger Kip Edwards and current Tiger Russell Hansbrough. Edwards was a two-year starter at cornerback for Missouri, while Hansbrough was the Tigers’ third-leading rusher as a true freshman last season.

“He knows about the pipeline we have to Missouri and how those kids are all taken care of,” DeArman said of Winters. “He knows I trust Steck and the coaches at Missouri. It was a no-brainer.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/21...#storylink=cpy

Mizzou_8541 07-21-2013 09:29 PM

Recruiting is on a roll, we beat out Sam Houston St., North Dakota and New Mexico State for this 2*! :thumb: :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-21-2013 10:15 PM

Jesus Christ.

I may update this shitshow tomorrow around noon. Then again, I may flay myself.

Pepe Silvia 07-21-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9826256)
Recruiting is on a roll, we beat out Sam Houston St., North Dakota and New Mexico State for this 2*! :thumb: :shrug:

Awesome, that will work great against that SEC speed. :facepalm:

I guess the good recruits know Mizzou is going to get their ass kicked and don't want to play for a losing team, Pinkel will get the boot after this year.

Pitt Gorilla 07-22-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9826447)
Awesome, that will work great against that SEC speed. :facepalm:

I guess the good recruits know Mizzou is going to get their ass kicked and don't want to play for a losing team, Pinkel will get the boot after this year.

He ran a 4.5, IIRC. His vertical was incredible as well. Speed and explosion won't be an issue.

Pepe Silvia 07-22-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9826523)
He ran a 4.5, IIRC. His vertical was incredible as well. Speed and explosion won't be an issue.

He can't be that great if hes a 2 star.

duncan_idaho 07-22-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9827175)
He can't be that great if hes a 2 star.

Likely not. He's an excellent triple-jumper, apparently, which usually indicates a high degree of athleticism and explosion.

Biggest problem seems to be that he's small. Probably more of a safety/LB hybrid than a true LB. But those guys can be valuable, too... (especially in dime looks vs. the spread).

Pepe Silvia 07-22-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9827182)
Likely not. He's an excellent triple-jumper, apparently, which usually indicates a high degree of athleticism and explosion.

Biggest problem seems to be that he's small. Probably more of a safety/LB hybrid than a true LB. But those guys can be valuable, too... (especially in dime looks vs. the spread).

Thats what sucks, Mizzou's LB's have always been undersized with the exception of Sean Witherspoon. MU's LB's look like the size of safeties/corners so he should fit right in with them. lol Sorry I have to laugh to keep from crying about this situation.

On anoter note I read an article, I can't remember the link but the jist of it was how Pinkels DUI has hurt Mizzous recruiting more than people think. They probably should have canned him after that, that wasn't good.

BourbonMan 07-22-2013 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this here http://www.smackapparel.com/Default.aspx

duncan_idaho 07-22-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9827196)
Thats what sucks, Mizzou's LB's have always been undersized with the exception of Sean Witherspoon. MU's LB's look like the size of safeties/corners so he should fit right in with them. lol Sorry I have to laugh to keep from crying about this situation.

On anoter note I read an article, I can't remember the link but the jist of it was how Pinkels DUI has hurt Mizzous recruiting more than people think. They probably should have canned him after that, that wasn't good.

I used to think that, too, but Mizzou actually has had above-average size at LB for a 4-3 defense over the past decade or so. At least in terms of weight/height.

Of course, them using this kid as a hybrid S/LB in the dime would require them to actually, you know, USE a dime package.

Pepe Silvia 07-22-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9827198)

That's awesome. I just wish we could stay victorious. ROFL

BourbonMan 07-22-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9827212)
That's awesome. I just wish we could stay victorious. ROFL

No kidding ROFL

Pitt Gorilla 07-22-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9827196)

LOL. Winters is basically a clone of Weatherspoon. Spoon was a very athletic, explosive 6-1, 195 2-star linebacker out of high school (with offers from Houston, Iowa State, and Tulane).

Other linebackers, like Wilson (6-4, 240), Scherer (6-4, 229), and Beisel (6-4, 225), were all much bigger coming out of high school. I get that Mizzou fan enjoys whining, but folks should at least be informed when doing so.

beer bacon 07-22-2013 01:47 PM

Every LB without offers that we offer is Sean Weatherspoon you see. They are all going to turn into All-Americans and first round draft picks. Why can't you whiners realize this?