ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Arkansas Prank Went Wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281544)

Jimmya 02-18-2014 12:19 PM

So what do you do if this happens at your house? I always get my. 45 and head out looking for whatever is causing the noise. Never know in todays crazy world.

Garcia Bronco 02-18-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10439197)
I think it's tragic. However, if I were at home, it was late at night, and several people were roaming my property and messing with my truck, I'd probably shoot at them as well. It's not like people don't know that this can't happen.

People, DON'T GO ****ING AROUND WITH OTHER PEOPLES SHIT, PARTICULARLY ON THEIR PROPERTY. YOU MIGHT GET SHOT!

I'd get cover and put a round at the ground to scare the shit out of them. If I discharged my weapon at all.

TLO 02-18-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10439197)
I think it's tragic. However, if I were at home, it was late at night, and several people were roaming my property and messing with my truck, I'd probably shoot at them as well. It's not like people don't know that this can't happen.

People, DON'T GO ****ING AROUND WITH OTHER PEOPLES SHIT, PARTICULARLY ON THEIR PROPERTY. YOU MIGHT GET SHOT!

Tell us about that brawl you got into again.

Rasputin 02-18-2014 12:27 PM

& yet Justin Bieber lives...

Pablo 02-18-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439250)
While the dumbshit kid obviously didn't deserve to die for his stupidity, I do take exception to the author of the story referring to vandalism of someone's property as a "prank", or the kid's friend referring to it as a "mistake".

Yeah, it's pretty clearly vandalism.

Maybe the kids didn't think of it that way, but it is. And if somebody keys your car in the parking lot or decides to bust your window out and rummage through your stuff; those are most definitely issues your insurance company will handle for you.

I assume most of you all have homeowner's and/or auto insurance. Pay your deductible, file a police report and move on with your life. Or you could step out and start shooting and see where that gets you.

Pablo 02-18-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439277)
well, you can always call the cops too! There's no way I'd go outside with a loaded gun and just start firing shots, that is absolutely the worst possible thing to do because you NEVER know who is out there. Maybe you end up shooting your neighbor who heard the noises and was coming over to help.

Point being, there is no justification for this shooting. The man who shot the gun was not in danger himself. Sure, his car was getting messed up and that sucks, but it's not worth taking someone else's life.

Some people think that their personal property deserves the same sort of protection and lethal force that they or their own families do.

Inside your house, threatening you and your family? Fire away.

Egging your car? Call the cops and file an insurance claim.

Fat Elvis 02-18-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439319)

Maybe the kids didn't think of it that way, but it is. And if somebody keys your car in the parking lot or decides to bust your window out and rummage through your stuff; those are most definitely issues your insurance company will handle for you.

I assume most of you all have homeowner's and/or auto insurance. Pay your deductible, file a police report and move on with your life. Or you could step out and start shooting and see where that gets you.

http://www.sevenbros.com/images/smith054.jpg

Pablo 02-18-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10439328)

LMAO

Can't say that I've seen that one before.

Just Passin' By 02-18-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439327)
Some people think that their personal property deserves the same sort of protection and lethal force that they or their own families do.

The laws vary by state. Texas give more leeway to shoot over property than Arkansas, for example.

Quote:

§ 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the
other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/9.42.00.html
car.

tooge 02-18-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439216)
Yeah, and you might get arrested and charged with murder.

Some teens are willing to toilet paper cars and houses and risk their lives I suppose. Are you willing to risk your life and freedom to teach them a lesson?

well, I probably would call the police if I lived in a neighborhood. I live out in the country, and my house sits about 200 yards off of a county highway. You can't see my house from the road at all. If someone is at my house, I'm fearing for my families safety, and while I probably come out with a gun and tell them to get, or fire a warning shot into the ground, I was simply saying that if I were frightened enough, I can see how this happens.

Not to mention, unless I could see that they were TPing the car, in which case, I'd just run them off, how do I know that they aren't thugs looking to steal my wallet from my car?

Look, I think it sucks. But, it is what it is. Don't go ****ing with other peoples shit. period.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439319)

I wasn't advocating coming out with guns blazing by any means, but I also shouldn't have to happily shell out $1000 for a deductible because some shithead kids were never taught to respect others' property.

notorious 02-18-2014 01:01 PM

You would be surprised at how many people don't carry full coverage.

Fat Elvis 02-18-2014 01:04 PM

Chiefsplanet votes these people into office.

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14...72_00_0000.pdf

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10439351)
well, I probably would call the police if I lived in a neighborhood. I live out in the country, and my house sits about 200 yards off of a county highway. You can't see my house from the road at all. If someone is at my house, I'm fearing for my families safety, and while I probably come out with a gun and tell them to get, or fire a warning shot into the ground, I was simply saying that if I were frightened enough, I can see how this happens.

Not to mention, unless I could see that they were TPing the car, in which case, I'd just run them off, how do I know that they aren't thugs looking to steal my wallet from my car?

Look, I think it sucks. But, it is what it is. Don't go ****ing with other peoples shit. period.

Yeah, I get it. People shouldn't be thieves. Kids shouldn't be shit-heads that vandalize other people's property.

You can fire into a crowd of people for being on your property, kill somebody and claim you were frightened. That's still going to net you serious jail time in MO most of the time. If it's worth that to you, great. If they're in your home, then it's entirely different and the law is on your side.

I can't empathize with this dude. He killed a teenager and there was no mention of breaking and entering or assault of any kind. If it comes out otherwise, I might change my stance. But from the limited information available to me, I see a guy that caught teens ****ing with his car and stepped out of his home to fire into a crowd, and killed one of them. **** him.

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439366)
I wasn't advocating coming out with guns blazing by any means, but I also shouldn't have to happily shell out $1000 for a deductible because some shithead kids were never taught to respect others' property.

No, it isn't fair that somebody is destroying your personal property. Just like it isn't fair that some idiot can hit you in their car and then drive away from the scene.

But there are still options available to you outside of assault or attempted murder for both of those scenarios.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10439374)

We only carry it on one of our 3 vehicles. I really should have it on my Jeep but it's paid for and it stays in the garage most of the time. My truck isn't really worth worrying about all that much.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439410)
No, it isn't fair that somebody is destroying your personal property. Just like it isn't fair that some idiot can hit you in their car and then drive away from the scene.

But there are still options available to you outside of assault or attempted murder for both of those scenarios.

I don't know where you are getting that I am saying it's ok to kill someone over this. Assault....well an ass beating probably wouldn't be out of line for punks like these, but unfortunately the law doesn't see it that way. Not sure what other options you could be referring to...calling the police? Sure, they'll be right on that. If you're lucky an officer will be by in an hour or two to file a report.

Pablo 02-18-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439423)
I don't know where you are getting that I am saying it's ok to kill someone over this. Assault....well an ass beating probably wouldn't be out of line for punks like these, but unfortunately the law doesn't see it that way. Not sure what other options you could be referring to...calling the police? Sure, they'll be right on that. If you're lucky an officer will be by in an hour or two to file a report.

I'm not.

I don't think you're advocating it at all. I'm just speaking in the context of this thread and discussion, not necessarily saying you're cool with the actions this guy took.

tooge 02-18-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10439407)
Yeah, I get it. People shouldn't be thieves. Kids shouldn't be shit-heads that vandalize other people's property.

You can fire into a crowd of people for being on your property, kill somebody and claim you were frightened. That's still going to net you serious jail time in MO most of the time. If it's worth that to you, great. If they're in your home, then it's entirely different and the law is on your side.

I can't empathize with this dude. He killed a teenager and there was no mention of breaking and entering or assault of any kind. If it comes out otherwise, I might change my stance. But from the limited information available to me, I see a guy that caught teens ****ing with his car and stepped out of his home to fire into a crowd, and killed one of them. **** him.

I had a strong wind blow down a gate a few years ago. I thought someone was trying to break in. I was scared shitless. I grabbed a handgun, went out the basement door, and yelled "I'm armed" and fired a shot into the ground. Several minutes later, feeling like an idiot, I saw the gate down. I don't really have neighbors or anything, so for me, maybe it's different. I'm not empathizing with the killer at all. I'm just saying what might happen if it were me and I was at my house.

Easy 6 02-18-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 10439144)
Middle of the night, you hear people outside your home messing with your car, step outside and start having objects thrown your way, again, in the dark. That's seems like a pretty good excuse to start shooting.

No, no it doesn't.

Lex Luthor 02-18-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

You keep your wallet in your car????

RNR 02-18-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10439447)
No, no it doesn't.

Uh... I have beg to differ~

Hydrae 02-18-2014 01:42 PM

Just think, if one of those kids' parents did the same thing when this guys kid pulled the first prank, we wouldn't be here now.

Predarat 02-18-2014 02:16 PM

Some places if you tresspass.........

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/s...ath-threat.gif

Valiant 02-18-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10438796)
Yes, we can legally murder Halloween pranksters, which is why the article says he was arrested and charged with first degree murder. :rolleyes:

The purge.. Kids picked the wrong day. Not suppose to be out on that day.

vailpass 02-18-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10439447)
No, no it doesn't.

It is in Arizona...

RNR 02-18-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 10439474)
Just think, if one of those kids' parents did the same thing when this guys kid pulled the first prank, we wouldn't be here now.

If someone is on my property and I investigate only to be met with aggressive retaliation such as objects being thrown at me it will end badly for them. As far as it is just a prank well the gene pool doesn't need people who think that is funny and harm will not come from it~

Jimmya 02-18-2014 02:56 PM

Strongly agree with RNR.

Predarat 02-18-2014 03:04 PM

In Tennessee as long as you hang a few of these around, you are good to go when it comes to trespassers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps97087512.jpg

Xanathol 02-18-2014 03:24 PM

If people would just learn not to mess with our people's stuff, we wouldn't have these problems...

Jimmya 02-18-2014 03:29 PM

As simple as that sounds, that is the damn truth!

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439277)
well, you can always call the cops too! There's no way I'd go outside with a loaded gun and just start firing shots...

Bingo!

While there is a time and place to protect yourself with deadly force, this was not the case. A simple 911 call and a couple minutes later cops would be all over this. Let the professionals handle this type of shit, and keep yourself from going to jail.

ThaVirus 02-18-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10439374)

I pay $200 a month for the most basic of insurances. Full coverage would be a small fortune for me.

Dave Lane 02-18-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 10438991)
I'm assuming, dark, and he couldn't tell what they had done or were doing. Just that they were f'n around with his car.

Open fire Hoss. No question about it. Start blasting.

Reerun_KC 02-18-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10439660)

:thumb:

morphius 02-18-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10439660)

I ALWAYS assume these stories leave out a lot of details to get the biggest reaction.

Reerun_KC 02-18-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 10439674)
I ALWAYS assume these stories leave out a lot of details to get the biggest reaction.

They media would never do that... They always tell the truth according to members of CP...

Remember Marcus Smart was called a racial slur....

Chaunceythe3rd 02-18-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

This. Plain and simple. When I was a young knucklehead I didn't think that there was a good possibility that my target would have a gun and be willing to use it; things are so much different now. Actions have consequences for both sides here - the kids and the homeowner. Lives affected forever and over something as trivial as this.

Dave Lane 02-18-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 10439674)

I ALWAYS assume when prosecutors charge people with 1st degree murder and terroristic threats its unfounded. Always.

notorious 02-18-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10439651)
I pay $200 a month for the most basic of insurances. Full coverage would be a small fortune for me.

The cost on a lot of vehicles is more than it's worth.

A lot of people have it because their bank requires it for the loan. I don't understand how people can justify over 1k in tags a year +200/month insurance on top of a car payment.

I save and pay cash for my vehicles.

/rant ;)

morphius 02-18-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10439733)
I ALWAYS assume when prosecutors charge people with 1st degree murder and terroristic threats its unfounded. Always.

Charge him with first, try to get him to plea to manslaughter...

Marcellus 02-18-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 10439764)
Charge him with first, try to get him to plea to manslaughter...

I could be wrong but I doubt the guy was planning to kill anyone especially a 15 year old girl.

He acted recklessly and should be punished to some level, I don't have enough details to know what level. Prison, probation, I have no idea. I don't see how it as a case of self defense.

I am 100% pro-gun and its stories like this that cause me concern considering it seems every other person in the country is getting a C&C permit anymore.

T-Town 02-18-2014 05:14 PM

http://vid.marketmenot.com/geico-old...n-the-book.jpg

So endeth the prank...

Reerun_KC 02-18-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Town (Post 10439790)

Well done sir

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10439757)
The cost on a lot of vehicles is more than it's worth.

A lot of people have it because their bank requires it for the loan. I don't understand how people can justify over 1k in tags a year +200/month insurance on top of a car payment.

I save and pay cash for my vehicles.

/rant ;)

yep, me too. I may not be driving the nicest car on the block, but it's paid for and insurance is cheap. Plus, if it gets messed with, I'm not going to freak out.

but don't touch my guns!

Bugeater 02-18-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10439646)
Bingo!

While there is a time and place to protect yourself with deadly force, this was not the case. A simple 911 call and a couple minutes later cops would be all over this. Let the professionals handle this type of shit, and keep yourself from going to jail.

LMAO That's hilarious. Yeah, they'll be heading out Code 3 for a ****ing vandalism call. What world are you living in?

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439809)
LMAO That's hilarious. Yeah, they'll be heading out Code 3 for a ****ing vandalism call. What world are you living in?

point taken, but here's the thing--you gotta exhaust every opportunity to allow the police to enforce the law before you start shooting things up. Now, I live in a town where the cops are about 5 minutes away and they would be in my driveway in a flash. But most people live in cities where it will take the cops 15 minutes or so to show up. Either way, the guy should have at least dialed 911 before he went all blast-o-rama and ended up killing a teenybopper.

Reerun_KC 02-18-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439813)
point taken, but here's the thing--you gotta exhaust every opportunity to allow the police to enforce the law before you start shooting things up. Now, I live in a town where the cops are about 5 minutes away and they would be in my driveway in a flash. But most people live in cities where it will take the cops 15 minutes or so to show up. Either way, the guy should have at least dialed 911 before he went all blast-o-rama and ended up killing a teenybopper.

Cops are 30 min from us.

Can we shoot now?

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439809)

So you're saying calling the police is not the right thing to do? Instead you'd rather do what this guy did and spend a stretch in prison getting your shithole gaped open? I don't live in your world...

DaFace 02-18-2014 05:35 PM

Some of you guys are some crazy mother****ers. I can't imagine ever even considering firing a gun at someone in any circumstance other than a virtual certainty that my own life would be done if I didn't shoot. The idea of shooting at someone because of vandalism is unfathomable to me.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10439815)
Cops are 30 min from us.

Can we shoot now?

no, you should move. :D

Bugeater 02-18-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10439816)
So you're saying calling the police is not the right thing to do? Instead you'd rather do what this guy did and spend a stretch in prison getting your shithole gaped open? I don't live in your world...

No, what I'm saying is it's a useless thing to do. And once again, I'm not saying coming out guns blazing is the right thing to do either. The simple fact is there really isn't a goddamn thing you can do. You can't rely on the law, nor can you take it into your own hands. ****ing punkass kids are pretty much free to do whatever they want and it's frustrating.

rolltide2014 02-18-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439832)
No, what I'm saying is it's a useless thing to do. And once again, I'm not saying coming out guns blazing is the right thing to do either. The simple fact is there really isn't a goddamn thing you can do. You can't rely on the law, nor can you take it into your own hands. ****ing punkass kids are pretty much free to do whatever they want and it's frustrating.

THIS. I just had the entire local community college basketball team try to break into my apartment about a week ago, at least 6, but I think more like 10 6 foot+ tall black guys huddled around my door at 1 am. I grab my .357 and call 911 and it takes the cops 23 minutes to get there. We are 0.6 miles from TPD HQ, not to mention we have 2 TPD deputies living on-site as the property's security, who I never heard anything back from. Nothing done about it. They live right above me, and we've had numerous problems with them. I have 50+ documented instances I've reported them for and not a damn thing is being done by anyone. Of course the apartment complex management is going to always side with the side they are drawing 15 rent checks from a month, as opposed to my 1.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 05:52 PM

We had a situation last fall where some punk kid in a Jeep was on a rampage in our neighborhood, driving recklessly and even went through my and my neighbor's yards right in front of me when I was standing in the driveway. I called the police, they already had other calls about him, so I waited out front while this idiot drove by several more times and when I couldn't see him I could still hear him squealing his tires in other parts of the neighborhood. I was outside for at least 30 minutes after I called, never even saw one squad car come by.

Calling the police is pointless.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439846)
We had a situation last fall where some punk kid in a Jeep was on a rampage in our neighborhood, driving recklessly and even went through my and my neighbor's yards right in front of me when I was standing in the driveway. I called the police, they already had other calls about him, so I waited out front while this idiot drove by several more times and when I couldn't see him I could still hear him squealing his tires in other parts of the neighborhood. I was outside for at least 30 minutes after I called, never even saw one squad car come by.

Calling the police is pointless.

point taken, but again, at least you tried to call the cops. I'm not saying they will be there in a jiffy to help, but you should at least try the cops first.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolltide2014 (Post 10439842)
THIS. I just had the entire local community college basketball team try to break into my apartment about a week ago, at least 6, but I think more like 10 6 foot+ tall black guys huddled around my door at 1 am. I grab my .357 and call 911 and it takes the cops 23 minutes to get there. We are 0.6 miles from TPD HQ, not to mention we have 2 TPD deputies living on-site as the property's security, who I never heard anything back from. Nothing done about it. They live right above me, and we've had numerous problems with them. I have 50+ documented instances I've reported them for and not a damn thing is being done by anyone. Of course the apartment complex management is going to always side with the side they are drawing 15 rent checks from a month, as opposed to my 1.

this story, it need more explanation please. Why, why were these basketball hooligans trying to break into your apartment? do tell....

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439854)
this story, it need more explanation please. Why, why were these basketball hooligans trying to break into your apartment? do tell....

Lol, everyone in this thread who is biased against calling the cops is going to have a 'story' where they called the cops and nothing happened or were 3 hours late or some shit, even though it's just a story of theirs and could be completely fictitious and in no way can be verified to what they are saying is accurate. We just have to take their word.

I've called the police once in my life and they were there in a few minutes if I remember correctly, so who knows.

RNR 02-18-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10439820)
Some of you guys are some crazy mother****ers. I can't imagine ever even considering firing a gun at someone in any circumstance other than a virtual certainty that my own life would be done if I didn't shoot. The idea of shooting at someone because of vandalism is unfathomable to me.

Sounds simple enough. If someone is on my property without invitation and causes me concern not going out to confront them is unfathomable to me. Calling the cops and hoping they just damage or steal what they want and move is something I will never do. I will confront them and it is entirely up to them if they end up getting shot~

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10439860)
Lol, everyone in this thread who is biased against calling the cops is going to have a 'story' where they called the cops and nothing happened or were 3 hours late or some shit, even though it's just a story of theirs and could be completely fictitious and in no way can be verified to what they are saying is accurate. We just have to take their word.

I've called the police once in my life and they were there in a few minutes if I remember correctly, so who knows.

lol, he neglected to mention he's the team's drug dealer?

Earthling 02-18-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

My philosophy is to call the cops first. If the problem persists then an alternative plan is required.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

You can go **** yourself if you think I made that story up.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10439870)
My philosophy is to call the cops first. If the problem persists then an alternative plan is required.

this!

Jimmya 02-18-2014 06:11 PM

Up in Amarillo an owner waited for a teenager that had been slashing tires of his vehicles. The owner ended up killing the kid and never served a day in jail. It all depends what area in our country you are in. In some states the criminals have more rights than us. It's crazy to me that anyone defends people that mess with personal property.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Ok Einstein, I'd love to hear an "alternative plan" that is not going to risk you getting in trouble with the law yourself. Go outside and politely ask them to wait for the police to show up?

You people crack me the hell up. LMAO

GordonGekko 02-18-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Nothing disagreeable here.

/thread

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10439877)
Up in Amarillo an owner waited for a teenager that had been slashing tires of his vehicles. The owner ended up killing the kid and never served a day in jail. It all depends what area in our country you are in. In some states the criminals have more rights than us. It's crazy to me that anyone defends people that mess with personal property.

interesting story but I'm sure there's a lot more to this than just bang-bang. I don't care what you say, no law enforcement or civil government will allow unchecked vigilantism.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439880)
Ok Einstein, I'd love to hear an "alternative plan" that is not going to risk you getting in trouble with the law yourself. Go outside and politely ask them to wait for the police to show up?

You people crack me the hell up. LMAO

Here's what I would do: call the cops first, tell them I'm afraid for my life. They will want me to stay on the phone with them and I may or may not do that, depends on how "threatened" I feel. Now, since I'm a responsible gun owner, while I'm waiting for Johnny Law, I go get my pistol, then I go get my ammo, and I load up a magazine. Then I put the loaded mag into the gun and slide the receiver back, loading a cartridge into the chamber. I might also turn the safety off. All this will take me a few minutes because, I'm not rushing it, I'm just prepping for the worst. At the same time I may yell out my window "I'VE CALLED THE COPS AND THEY ARE ON THE WAY!" That right there may scare the perps away. If that does scare them away, when the cops arrive, I file a police report and then collect insurance, thank you very much.

If that doesn't scare the perps off, I secure my house and wait for the cops. Now if the perps try to break in, then I have a right to shoot. But I'm not going to endanger my future with some frivolous lawsuit because I'm Captain Blaster gun guy. As another poster said, the perps probably have more rights than me, the victim. Will I shoot one of these perps if they are dumb enough to try and come into my house, yep. Will I go outside and initiate a shooting, nope.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439897)
Here's what I would do: call the cops first, tell them I'm afraid for my life. They will want me to stay on the phone with them and I may or may not do that, depends on how "threatened" I feel. Now, since I'm a responsible gun owner, while I'm waiting for Johnny Law, I go get my pistol, then I go get my ammo, and I load up a magazine. Then I put the loaded mag into the gun and slide the receiver back, loading a cartridge into the chamber. I might also turn the safety off. All this will take me a few minutes because, I'm not rushing it, I'm just prepping for the worst. At the same time I may yell out my window "I'VE CALLED THE COPS AND THEY ARE ON THE WAY!" That right there may scare the perps away. If that does scare them away, when the cops arrive, I file a police report and then collect insurance, thank you very much.

If that doesn't scare the perps off. I secure my house and wait for the cops. Now if the perps try to break in, then I have a right to shoot. But I'm not going to endanger my future with some frivolous lawsuit because I'm Captain Blaster gun guy. As another poster said, the perps probably have more rights than me, the victim. Will I shoot one of these perps if they are dumb enough to try and come into my house, yep. Will I go outside and initiate a shooting, nope.

Oh. Come. On. LMAO

THEY'RE EGGING MY CAR AND THROWING MAYONNAISE ON IT AND I'M AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!!!

And we covered the insurance aspect earlier, many people don't have their cars fully covered and even if they do there's this thing called a "deductible" which means money out of their pocket.

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439903)
Oh. Come. On. LMAO

THEY'RE EGGING MY CAR AND THROWING MAYONNAISE ON IT AND I'M AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!!!

And we covered the insurance aspect earlier, many people don't have their cars fully covered and even if they do there's this thing called a "deductible" which means money out of their pocket.

I'm going off the assumption that the guy who shot the kids had no idea what the kids were doing, that is, all he heard were loud/disturbing noises? However, if the guy shot the kids because of the egging and mayo then yes, this guy deserves to get judged by the law because it's obvious, he over-reacted!

rolltide2014 02-18-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439854)

I almost posted the whole thing from the beginning, but figuring I'd get 50 tl;dr's, I figured it wasn't worth the time. Here you go:

So my fiance and I live in a 1-br apartment about 5 miles from the UA campus, and about 2 from the local community college. It's a brand new apartment complex that just opened this school year, and we were one of the very first applicants and requested a top floor 1-br so we wouldn't have to deal with anyone above us. Well how they constructed the buildings is the bottom 2 floors consist of 1, 2, and 3-br flats, and 4 and 5-br townhouses account for the top 2 floors, so we were SOL and stuck with a second floor 1-br below one of the townhouses. It just so happens that the 4 townhouses in our building are all taken up by the basketball team from the community college. We've had numerous problems from day 1 (mid-August 2013) and I have documented records of 50+ incidents we've had with them in basically 6 months. Ranging from loud music all hours of the night, people coming and going and slamming doors and yelling all hours of the night, at points they were stomping around or wrestling or something that drywall chunks broke out of the ceiling around our light fixtures in 3 different rooms on different occasions. Once they found out it was us reporting them, they've gone out of their way to antagonize us and found out how to get away with it. They'll stomp around and yell for a minute or 2 and then run down the stairs, sometimes stopping to pound on our door for a second before jumping in their cars and high-tailing it before the police or security even have a chance to respond.

The other night was totally different though. As previously referenced, they're normally obnoxious about it, but this was them obviously trying to be quiet and unnoticed and is a whole different ballpark as far as I'm concerned.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-18-2014 06:40 PM

Are insurance companies offering benefits for killing the perps now?

Jimmya 02-18-2014 06:46 PM

Texas Law

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Rain Man 02-18-2014 06:55 PM

It sounds like the toilet paper prank went well. It was the shooting prank that had the problem.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439915)
I'm going off the assumption that the guy who shot the kids had no idea what the kids were doing, that is, all he heard were loud/disturbing noises? However, if the guy shot the kids because of the egging and mayo then yes, this guy deserves to get judged by the law because it's obvious, he over-reacted!

Here's a slightly more detailed article about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/17/adrian-broadway-egging-gunned-down_n_4803038.html?ncid=webmail16

He actually fired at the car as they were fleeing, so I'm guessing by that time he knew what they had done. Hard to say for sure though. And no question he over-reacted. I'm not justifying what he did, I am simply taking exception to this crazy notion that calling the cops would do anything to help the guy in this situation. They're not going to launch a full scale investigation over a property damage incident.

TribalElder 02-18-2014 06:57 PM

Terrorist act?

Dave Lane 02-18-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10439775)
I could be wrong but I doubt the guy was planning to kill anyone especially a 15 year old girl.

He acted recklessly and should be punished to some level, I don't have enough details to know what level. Prison, probation, I have no idea. I don't see how it as a case of self defense.

I am 100% pro-gun and its stories like this that cause me concern considering it seems every other person in the country is getting a C&C permit anymore.

I'd laugh my ass off if this was your daughter and he got probation. LMAO

aturnis 02-18-2014 07:00 PM

He shouldn't need to call the cops, just his insurance company.

Also, anyone here saying that getting eggs thrown at you justified shooting to kill, you are girly little bitches. Grow a sack.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-18-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439945)
Here's a slightly more detailed article about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/17/adrian-broadway-egging-gunned-down_n_4803038.html?ncid=webmail16

He actually fired at the car as they were fleeing, so I'm guessing by that time he knew what they had done. Hard to say for sure though. And no question he over-reacted. I'm not justifying what he did, I am simply taking exception to this crazy notion that calling the cops would do anything to help the guy in this situation. They're not going to launch a full scale investigation over a property damage incident.

Killing someone didn't fix his car either

HonestChieffan 02-18-2014 07:06 PM

Shootem in the house and its ok? Not gonna read all the BS in the thread but thats what it sounds like. Stupid kids with no discipline. People get hurt when we fail our kids and raise them with no guideposts of right and wrong.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10439958)
Killing someone didn't fix his car either

Are you ****ing reeruned? FOR THE FIFTH ****ING TIME, I AM NOT JUSTIFYING WHAT HE ****ING DID!

Hopefully the ALL CAPS and bold will stand out this time.

But I guarangoddamntee one thing, the kids who didn't get shot are probably going think twice before they **** with someone's shit again.