ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

memyselfI 11-06-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Meme wouldn't be with any guy she couldn't emasculate, that much is very obvious.

So a guy who's faithful, and helps around the house and is a better cook than his wife,and loves BOTH his wife AND his mother and isn't afraid to say it, and pretty much would rather spend an evening at home with the 'family' than out bar hopping with friends or going to strip joints is emasculated?

Dang, I'll tell my single friends to start looking for 'emasculated' men...cuz they sure in the hell want what I'm describing more than some guy who's a jerk.

Oh, and he 'allows' me to watch as much football as I possibly want...not that my friends care about this trait much.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
So a guy who's faithful, and helps around the house and is a better cook than his wife,and loves BOTH his wife AND his mother and isn't afraid to say it, and pretty much would rather spend an evening at home with the 'family' than out bar hopping with friends or going to strip joints is emasculated?

Dang, I'll tell my single friends to start looking for 'emasculated' men...cuz they sure in the hell want what I'm describing more than some guy who's a jerk.

Oh, and he 'allows' me to watch as much football as I possibly want...not that my friends care about this trait much.

When a decision needs to be made in your house, who makes it? I'll bet most of the time it's you.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
When a decision needs to be made in your house, who makes it? I'll bet most of the time it's you.

Depends on what the issue is. Somethings he's inherently better at deciding and somethings I am.

Baby Lee 11-06-2003 06:30 PM

Quote:

You've got to be kidding. You are saying the only way women are faithful to a man is if he is a hard assed jerk...perhaps that has worked for YOU but I don't know any women who would stay with, let alone be faithful, to a guy like that.

Oh STFU.
I've never been the hard-assed jerk with a girl, except maybe the occasional one that thinks we'd be good together and I disagree. Then it's a firm 'not interested.'
But the scenario of the girl liking the 'good' guy, until the 'bad' guy comes along is at this point beyond speculation into downright cliche. You attend to a woman the way she says she wants you to, they realize that, if you're spending all your time taking care of her wants and needs, you just may have no life. Then she's making goo-goo eyes at Spike on the Harley.
Next time you see her, she's looking for a shoulder to cry on because he beats the shit out of her. Then it's back to Spike.
Has happened [to a lesser extent] to me. Has happened to friends of mine. Seen it happen to guys I barely know.

BIG_DADDY 11-06-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

I'm faithful, we both enjoy the other women together. I love my fiancee and my mother very much and I am not afraid to admit that either. BTW, I do all the cooking and am better at it. I spend the huge majority of my time home with the family and let her watch as much football as she wants too. Just because I go to an occasional strip club is no reason to call me a jerk.

That being said I am still the head of the household.

siberian khatru 11-06-2003 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Has happened [to a lesser extent] to me. Has happened to friends of mine. Seen it happen to guys I barely know.

Basically the story of my pre-marriage life.

Michael Michigan 11-06-2003 07:01 PM

This thread is great. I just got assigned a column on this "metrosexual" bullshit.

I've interviewed about 35 different women and it's 12-1 women who would rather have a man than a mertosexual wimp.

Another 30 had no idea of the term.

As far as guys claiming to be metrosexual in metro Phoenix 4 out of about 100 agreed they were.

Here is the definition from the book--The Metrosexual Guide to Style

metrosexual \me-(.)tro - seksh-(e-)wel\ n: 1: twenty-first- century male trendsetter 2: straight, urban man with heightened aesthetic sense. 3: man who spends time and money on appearance and shopping 4: man willing to embrace his feminine side

Keep in mind it's written by an out of work soap opera actor.

Boozer 11-06-2003 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
As far as guys claiming to be metrosexual in metro Phoenix 4 out of about 100 agreed they were.

Depending on how you got your sample, it's a good chance you've got a couple dozen liars. At least in Tempe and Scottsdale, you can't go to the store to pick up a 30-rack of Beast without tripping over two or three pretty boys. :shake:

Michael Michigan 11-06-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
Depending on how you got your sample, it's a good chance you've got a couple dozen liars. At least in Tempe and Scottsdale, you can't go to the store to pick up a 30-rack of Beast without tripping over two or three pretty boys. :shake:

They were all in Phoenix in the central corridor.

I didn't ask the Tempe mayor.

;)

Boozer 11-06-2003 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
They were all in Phoenix in the central corridor.

I didn't ask the Trempe mayor.

;)

Oh, I don't believe he fits your definition....NTTAWWT. :thumb:

HC_Chief 11-06-2003 07:39 PM

MM - you need to watch the South Park episode on 'Metrosexuals' (ie the one the author mentions as ripping on that ****-awful Queer Eye show). It is friggin' hilarious :D

Frazod 11-06-2003 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
ROFL

Are you sure Tim didn't write that?

No, I didn't.

BUT I WISH I HAD. :thumb:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
MM - you need to watch the South Park episode on 'Metrosexuals' (ie the one the author mentions as ripping on that ****-awful Queer Eye show). It is friggin' hilarious :D

I loved that one. Lobster people... :LOL:

siberian khatru 11-06-2003 07:43 PM

Ah, I've been waiting all day for frazod to view this thread. Now my night is complete.

Frazod 11-06-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Ah, I've been waiting all day for frazod to view this thread. Now my night is complete.

I'm listening to the Fox Chiefs show right now, but later I will give this thread an appropriate frazod response....