ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265204)

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9019231)
Bowe is a terrible slot receiver.

for a #1?? He's terrible, period. Always pointing to the back of his jersey, drops the routine catch WAY too often...and is fairly one-dimensional. The reason he sucks in the slot?? Because he can't just muscle his way to the ball - you have to have timing, moves and anticipation to play out of the slot. Bowe just runs slants and shallow crosses, drops the occaisional fade pass. That's it. He's NOT the best player on KC's roster - that designation goes to J. Charles.

Or D. Colquitt.

MeatRock 10-16-2012 12:56 AM

Whoa there, Bowe is not a terrible receiver. Come down off the ledge.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9019250)
Whoa there, Bowe is not a terrible receiver. Come down off the ledge.

For a #1...he's more than inconsistent. He has great skills, and when his head is screwed on right, he can be extremely effective...

but my ideal #1 receiver is a guy like Rice, Irvin, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Roddy White, etc.

As a matter of fact, here's a list of current NFL WRs I would take over Bowe :

AJ Green
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Miles Austin
Wes Welker
Sydney Rice
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Vincent Jackson
Mike Wallace
Marques Colston
Roddy White
Micheal Crabtree
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Kenny Britt
Reggie Wayne
Denarious Moore
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin

shit, I'd take Stevie Johnson over Bowe at this point - Johnson puts up great numbers with a shit QB and no front office.

You can go to every single NFL team and find a player of Bowe's caliber or better on their roster at WR. He's truly nothing special.

Off the top of my head. Those guys are at least as good - some (like Brandon Lloyd or Welker) have a different skill set, but their professionalism and production are considered as factors.

KCrockaholic 10-16-2012 01:22 AM

You didn't even list Percy Harvin.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9019278)
You didn't even list Percy Harvin.

Yeah, him too.

See, I'm sure if I actually thought about it, I surely could come up with 32 WRs I'd rather have on my roster than D. Bowe. They may not be the naturally gifted, huge strong target he is...

but they'll catch the ball when it hits 'em in the hands. See, by that criteria, Brandon Stokely is better than D. Bowe. And you can time Stokely's 40 yd dash with a ****ing sundial.

KCrockaholic 10-16-2012 01:31 AM

It's fine. And although Bowe does have his fair share of problems, if he ever got a QB who was worth a shit, he would put up elite numbers. He's been a star with guys like Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, Cassel, and Palko. Just give him a guy like Palmer, or Flacco and he would destroy. He's never had an average QB.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9019290)
It's fine. And although Bowe does have his fair share of problems, if he ever got a QB who was worth a shit, he would put up elite numbers. He's been a star with guys like Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, CasseLLLLL, and Palko. Just give him a guy like Palmer, or Flacco and he would destroy. He's never had an average QB.

Sure - that is truly the measure of a great QB; he makes those around him better. I can understand that. Same goes for Breaston, d-Mac - prolly even Baldwin. Who is even coaching our WRs right now??

But I digress, my point is that there are WRs who are either just as talented as Bowe and turn that potential into productivity, or who do way more with less physical attributes. That's a fact. Doesn't matter who the QB is - when the ball hits him in the hands and he doesn't catch it, that's on him. If he's put up such good numbers with such shitty QBs, then he should still be putting them up (as par for the course) but he is horribly inconsistent. At some point, you'd think now that we're, what 5 or 6 years into his career, at some point the talk about all his 'potential' has to stop and he should've developed into the consistent, mature full-time starter he impersonated at times during 2010. But, here we are, still making excuses for him or talking about his potential or the things he needs to do to become more complete...

Woodchuck 10-16-2012 06:49 AM

It definately seems like the only WR that can get open is McCluster. I agree with Driving Wheel about Bowe and am ready to move on. I like my receivers to catch the ball consistantly.

BlackHelicopters 10-16-2012 07:01 AM

Dude has been a ghost all season. Didn't realize he was still on roster. He can run a 4 yard pattern on third and eight with the best of them.

WhiteWhale 10-16-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9019297)
Sure - that is truly the measure of a great QB; he makes those around him better. I can understand that. Same goes for Breaston, d-Mac - prolly even Baldwin. Who is even coaching our WRs right now??

But I digress, my point is that there are WRs who are either just as talented as Bowe and turn that potential into productivity, or who do way more with less physical attributes. That's a fact. Doesn't matter who the QB is - when the ball hits him in the hands and he doesn't catch it, that's on him. If he's put up such good numbers with such shitty QBs, then he should still be putting them up (as par for the course) but he is horribly inconsistent. At some point, you'd think now that we're, what 5 or 6 years into his career, at some point the talk about all his 'potential' has to stop and he should've developed into the consistent, mature full-time starter he impersonated at times during 2010. But, here we are, still making excuses for him or talking about his potential or the things he needs to do to become more complete...

So getting 1000 + yards (or barely under) every year he's been a starter isn't consistent?

He's on pace for another 1,000 yards.

Michael Crabtree? Denarius Moore? Stevie Johnson? Put down the glass pipe buddy....

Boy, I sure do wish Bowe could consistently get less yards and TD's every year like them. If you're basing this on some 'eye test' you need to get them checked. There's no reason to put some of those guys over Bowe other than your own insanity.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9019604)
So getting 1000 + yards (or barely under) every year he's been a starter isn't consistent?

He's on pace for another 1,000 yards.

Michael Crabtree? Denarius Moore? Stevie Johnson? Put down the glass pipe buddy....

Boy, I sure do wish Bowe could consistently get less yards and TD's every year like them. If you're basing this on some 'eye test' you need to get them checked. There's no reason to put some of those guys over Bowe other than your own insanity.

Sofa King 10-16-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9019267)
For a #1...he's more than inconsistent. He has great skills, and when his head is screwed on right, he can be extremely effective...

but my ideal #1 receiver is a guy like Rice, Irvin, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Roddy White, etc.

AJ Green
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Miles Austin
Wes Welker
Sydney Rice
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Vincent Jackson
Mike Wallace
Marques Colston
Roddy White
Micheal Crabtree
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Kenny Britt
Reggie Wayne
Denarious Moore
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin

shit, I'd take Stevie Johnson over Bowe at this point - Johnson puts up great numbers with a shit QB and no front office.

You can go to every single NFL team and find a player of Bowe's caliber or better on their roster at WR. He's truly nothing special.

Off the top of my head. Those guys are at least as good - some (like Brandon Lloyd or Welker) have a different skill set, but their professionalism and production are considered as factors.

LMAO

Stevie Johnson is the guy you point to for consistency?

Your opinion is worth shit if you think Johnson is anything but inconsistent.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 08:13 AM

This fanbase is beyond ridiculous.

Breaston isn't ON THE FIELD. He's a Haley guy and the coaching staff obviously feels a need to prove Pioli wasn't wrong about McCluster and Baldwin.

The WHOLE OFFENSE is designed to protect Pioli's poor personnel decisions.

Dwayne Bowe is a ****ING STAR. The fact that people want him to leave just shows you how ****ing STUPID this fanbase has become.

ChiefsCountry 10-16-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9019243)
for a #1?? He's terrible, period. Always pointing to the back of his jersey, drops the routine catch WAY too often...and is fairly one-dimensional. The reason he sucks in the slot?? Because he can't just muscle his way to the ball - you have to have timing, moves and anticipation to play out of the slot. Bowe just runs slants and shallow crosses, drops the occaisional fade pass. That's it. He's NOT the best player on KC's roster - that designation goes to J. Charles.

Or D. Colquitt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9019267)

AJ Green
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Greg Jennings
Miles Austin
Wes Welker
Sydney Rice
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Vincent Jackson
Mike Wallace
Marques Colston
Roddy White
Micheal Crabtree
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Kenny Britt
Reggie Wayne
Denarious Moore
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9019445)
It definately seems like the only WR that can get open is McCluster. I agree with Driving Wheel about Bowe and am ready to move on. I like my receivers to catch the ball consistantly.

Look at the idiot n00bs. Man we have some dumb****ers in this fan base.

the Talking Can 10-16-2012 08:21 AM

the influx of stupid on this board makes me regret the banner...