ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Could Sriracha see an untimely demise? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278075)

RockChalk 11-27-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10228663)
They are stupid. It's like the number 2 condiment in the US. It will be available. If they had to make it on the moon, they would.

I will not debate the stupidity of some of my friends :D

Simply Red 11-27-2013 09:45 AM

I am a Valetina fan, personally.

DMAC 11-27-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10228671)
I am a Valetina fan, personally.

Not sure I've had that. Is it a dripper, or a squirter?

Baby Lee 11-27-2013 09:49 AM

Interestingly, this may be something that launches Sriracha into the stratosphere of sales.

I've had bottles of Huy Fong in my arsenal since the late 80s. Back then, the only place you could find it was at the KC Farmer's market, where the Vietnamese stand put it out for Satays. Huy Fong has never advertised, but has steadily grown in popularity due to word of mouth.

This year, I've noticed two things, a shit ton of Huy Fong imitators, extending so far as McDonalds and Wendys, and these constant articles about the plight of the grand daddy of them all out in CA. Either the public will demand CA relent, or somewhere else [Phily has already enthusiastically offer] will give them a sweetheart deal to relocate.

I'm seeing a new era dawning of a much higher profile for Sriracha.

gblowfish 11-27-2013 09:53 AM

I've never tried this stuff. I don't eat chinese or vietnamese food. What do you guys use this sauce for, and what foods to you put it on?

Fire Me Boy! 11-27-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10228679)
I've never tried this stuff. I don't eat chinese or vietnamese food. What do you guys use this sauce for, and what foods to you put it on?

Eggs, meatball subs, marinara, stir fry, fried rice, French fries, hamburgers, ketchup, wings, barbecue sauce... use it on anything you'd use hot sauce in.

DMAC 11-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10228684)
Eggs, meatball subs, marinara, stir fry, fried rice, French fries, hamburgers, ketchup, wings, barbecue sauce... use it on anything you'd use hot sauce in.

This.

Hell, I even add some to my mac n cheese. Just the right amount enhances flavors and spices.

ptlyon 11-27-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

You're missing out. It's really good on schnauzer.

gblowfish 11-27-2013 10:01 AM

If it tastes so good, why does it make such an awful smell to manufacture it?

KCUnited 11-27-2013 10:01 AM

It can transform a can of tuna for a quick lunch/snack.

Simply Red 11-27-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10228675)
Not sure I've had that. Is it a dripper, or a squirter?

It's a dripper. It's good on scrambled eggs and goes great w/ sour cream aside maybe cheese enchiladas or something.

Nothing fancy, just a nice raw pepper taste, it's actually a rigid, dull sauce - but really works well when used with the right foods. I DID know a squirter once though, HOT brunette, about five yrs. older than me.

RockChalk 11-27-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10228691)
If it tastes so good, why does it make such an awful smell to manufacture it?

I'm assuming it's not so much the smell, per se. I believe it probably burns nostrils/lungs/etc when the chilis are being ground up

jspchief 11-27-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10228699)
I'm assuming it's not so much the smell, per se. I believe it probably burns nostrils/lungs/etc when the chilis are being ground up

It's probably the garlic smell

hometeam 11-27-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

I put it on my burger just last night.

Its the mack daddy of all condiments. It is a king, with a crown of diamonds and hot peppers, soaring above the other condiments on a flying carpet and pitying them for being fools.

mesmith31 11-27-2013 10:26 AM

If I am Sriracha, I am filing the public notice on my own company to spread rumors that we may be going out of business. Worked for Hostess.