ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2012 Dexter McCluster touches thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262599)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-28-2012 08:15 PM

It's the same with laughing at him for not matching Welker already. Wes didn't exactly light it up right out of the gate himself. 1 TD in his first 3 years combined and no more than 700 yards in a season. People don't use reality when comparing players.

Micjones 08-29-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8859978)
I was hoping that Wylie and Gray would push McCluster down the depth chart, and wouldn't mind if it pushed him off the team. Although I didn't expect that would happen this year, so there's still some hope that Wylie might improve but I really doubt he pushes McCluster off the field this season at all (and won't be surprised if they try to get Wylie to the practice squad). I think the RB situation definitely has pushed McCluster out of that (although we know they'll do some stuff like fake reverse draws or some crap like that with him), but Wylie is going to need to improve just to remain in the NFL.

As it is, McCluster looks ok, he's providing about what I was hoping Wylie would provide (solid performance out of the slot), but he's getting a bit too much of our offensive focus, which is the troubling part.

Like in 2010, all I could think is he's taking touches from Charles. Now its Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and the TEs. Unless he plays like 2010 Charles, if McCluster is a significant part of the offense, it tells me that Daboll and/or Cassel are ****ing up.

Wylie deserves a spot on this team.
He can help the return game with his speed.

If he gives you anything offensively, that's a bonus.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2012 06:46 AM

Another thing with Fans and this Wylie thing. I think sometimes we get too high of expecatations with players. Im sorry, most lower round draft picks dont just come into the NFL and "light it up" Just doesnt happen. Most lower round guys are developmental picks.

Micjones 08-29-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8860583)
If McCluster can make some catches and help move the chains, and it appears that he will do just that, then I have no problem with him in this offense.

My argument has always been that he is not Darren Sproles, and that is the guy some have tried to compare him to.

He's not Darren Sproles.
It did take Sproles about four years to really come on as an offensive player though. And he's had two of the better QB's in the league to throw to him.

McCluster has had offensive production in just two years.
I think we'll see more from him over the next two.

I think this could be a breakout year for him.

Micjones 08-29-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8861269)
Another thing with Fans and this Wylie thing. I think sometimes we get too high of expecatations with players. Im sorry, most lower round draft picks dont just come into the NFL and "light it up" Just doesnt happen. Most lower round guys are developmental picks.

Happens all the time in Chiefs Country.
We get a wild hair about a draft pick (I have one for Gray) and go nuts with what we think they can be in year one. Thing is, Wylie's a WR. That's one of the toughest positions in the NFL to transition into from college. Ask Jon Baldwin.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-29-2012 06:50 AM

He had 800 some total yards last year(yeah, yeah some didn't "count" by some bullshit excuse :whackit:) , that isn't bad at all for a 2nd year player. Now he's taken a step up as a wideout. Might not match the production, but he can be a more effective player this year.

Micjones 08-29-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8861278)
He had 800 some total yards last year(yeah, yeah some didn't "count" by some bullshit excuse :whackit:) , that isn't bad at all for a 2nd year player. Now he's taken a step up as a wideout. Might not match the production, but he can be a more effective player this year.

He probably won't, but only because he won't carry the ball nearly as often.
If he can give us 500 receiving yards and a 3-4 TD's, I'll be happy.

I'd also keep him in the return mix.

Reerun_KC 09-06-2012 01:50 PM

Sunday the beatdown begins....

Hammock Parties 09-06-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8883745)
Sunday the beatdown begins....

He's gonna rack up the garbage time catches in a blowout! Can't wait!

Reerun_KC 09-06-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8883770)
He's gonna rack up the garbage time catches in a blowout! Can't wait!

You would know garbage time if anyone would...

Big cry baby...

mcaj22 09-06-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8861272)
Happens all the time in Chiefs Country.
We get a wild hair about a draft pick (I have one for Gray) and go nuts with what we think they can be in year one. Thing is, Wylie's a WR. That's one of the toughest positions in the NFL to transition into from college. Ask Jon Baldwin.

lol it's one of the easiest

jd1020 09-09-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8834370)
If he remains as the #4 WR, he tops out at 40 touches. This accounts for bullshit reverses he'll run.

He could be exposed as a terrible #3 WR if someone is hurt.

Are you praying for that someone to be McCluster?

Game 1: 6-82

Deberg_1990 09-09-2012 01:54 PM

Have McCluster and Breaston moved ahead of Baldwin on the depth chart?

QuikSsurfer 09-09-2012 01:56 PM

DMC: 6 catches for 82 yards

notorious 09-09-2012 01:56 PM

He is on pace for 1312 yards.