ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock: Blame Moe, Larry and Curly for this Chiefs mess (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197293)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 5244842)
Cover-Blew defense. Can't Gunther be called Shemp in all this, too?

ROFL

He's not even "Joe", the 2cnd Curly replacement.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5244952)
I stand by it.

What about Jeff Terrell?
Kris Wilson as a feature back?

You exist on this forum only to show the bottom of the abyss when it comes to fan stupidity.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2008 09:59 AM

I still don't understand why people are ripping on Kuharich. Not his fault that Peterson forced him to build a team entirely on draft picks. He was given no money to spend.

I think Kuharich is doing a good job. I can understand hatred for Peterson and Herm. Kuharich doesn't belong in this equation.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5245071)
I still don't understand why people are ripping on Kuharich. Not his fault that Peterson forced him to build a team entirely on draft picks. He was given no money to spend.

I think Kuharich is doing a good job. I can understand hatred for Peterson and Herm. Kuharich doesn't belong in this equation.

He also hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to stay around. When he's the top of the food chain when it comes to draft picks and you're selecting McBride and Pollard in the second round, something is amiss.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5245084)
He also hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to stay around. When he's the top of the food chain when it comes to draft picks and you're selecting McBride and Pollard in the second round, something is amiss.

But you're picking and choosing. I would bet his draft record the past 2 years has been as good if not better than most in the league. His second round picks weren't stellar, but what about his ability to draft in the second day where there is huge bust potential?

The only difference is, if a 2nd round pick in New England busts, nobody notices or cares because the team has so much talent that mistakes are hidden. It's a sad state of affairs when a team demands that 2nd round picks be very good starters. I don't think McBride was a reach. I think he's very good quality depth, which is what most teams hope and expect out of a 2nd round pick.

The draft only carries one guarantee (first round) and you can only hope to get 1, 2, or 3 more quality starters, if you're lucky. While he may have whiffed on McBride, he hit a home run on Bowe, Albert, Carr, Flowers, Charles, skimmed the junk pile to find Mark Bradley, Connor Barth, Tyler Thigpen, and Mike Cox, and hit a pretty good shot on Page, Turk, and Tank.

Personnel decisions are not the problem in KC. Nor do I think are roster decisions. The problem is poor X's and O's that aren't using our talent correctly, poor motivation of our defensive players, poor gameday decisions, and the fact that this roster was so beat-up that we are asking second day draft picks to start. Never has a personnel guy like Kuharich been asked to do so much with so little. Peterson didn't give him ANY money to spend. And he left him with a roster full of old farts and a bunch of complete reject players. And he expected to fill a 53-man roster with that sad sack of misfits?

Not everyone in KC's front office deserves to go. Kuharich and Cook have done their job. A good chunk of everyone else can take a hike.

ChiefsCountry 11-24-2008 10:45 AM

Just clean the whole damn house let the new guy bring in his own people. Dont try to fit puzzle pieces that dont fit.

CoMoChief 11-24-2008 12:49 PM

We need Eric Hicks, its that simple.

Papi 11-24-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5244775)
Kansas City will win — in my estimation — two games down the stretch. But the inevitable victories will not excuse the game plan that put this roster together.

This is the part that jumped out at me the most and no one has commented on it! We might just sneak past the Raiders but the safe money is against the Chiefs the rest of the season

raybec 4 11-24-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5245170)
But you're picking and choosing. I would bet his draft record the past 2 years has been as good if not better than most in the league. His second round picks weren't stellar, but what about his ability to draft in the second day where there is huge bust potential?

The only difference is, if a 2nd round pick in New England busts, nobody notices or cares because the team has so much talent that mistakes are hidden. It's a sad state of affairs when a team demands that 2nd round picks be very good starters. I don't think McBride was a reach. I think he's very good quality depth, which is what most teams hope and expect out of a 2nd round pick.
The draft only carries one guarantee (first round) and you can only hope to get 1, 2, or 3 more quality starters, if you're lucky. While he may have whiffed on McBride, he hit a home run on Bowe, Albert, Carr, Flowers, Charles, skimmed the junk pile to find Mark Bradley, Connor Barth, Tyler Thigpen, and Mike Cox, and hit a pretty good shot on Page, Turk, and Tank.

Personnel decisions are not the problem in KC. Nor do I think are roster decisions. The problem is poor X's and O's that aren't using our talent correctly, poor motivation of our defensive players, poor gameday decisions, and the fact that this roster was so beat-up that we are asking second day draft picks to start. Never has a personnel guy like Kuharich been asked to do so much with so little. Peterson didn't give him ANY money to spend. And he left him with a roster full of old farts and a bunch of complete reject players. And he expected to fill a 53-man roster with that sad sack of misfits?

Not everyone in KC's front office deserves to go. Kuharich and Cook have done their job. A good chunk of everyone else can take a hike.

That is not even close to being accurate. Teams had better expect quality starters from the second round. Or is your stance that all 22 starters should come out of the first round? Teams have to get starters out of second and third round guys or they are going to end up 1-10 with Herman ****ing Edwards running the show.

Mecca 11-24-2008 01:34 PM

Turk McBride is a complete scrub, he's an oversized end with no pass rush, if someone can tell me how that contributes to a defense other than a backup that plays 15 snaps a game in certain run downs I'd love to know.

The Bad Guy 11-24-2008 01:38 PM

Chiefzilla,

Please stop posting. Every post shows how much of a complete idiot you are.

Turk McBride a good player? Since ****ing when? Teams get quality starters out of 2nd round picks. You get depth in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds.

Turk McBride is a fringe player on most 53-man rosters.

ChiefsCountry 11-24-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5245626)
Turk McBride is a complete scrub, he's an oversized end with no pass rush, if someone can tell me how that contributes to a defense other than a backup that plays 15 snaps a game in certain run downs I'd love to know.

Backup rush DT.

The Bad Guy 11-24-2008 01:39 PM

You know what Turk McBride is good at?

Hitting the QB about 30 seconds after he releases the ball.

bobbything 11-24-2008 01:40 PM

I love how one of the excuses for Dorsey's lack of effectiveness is that he "just needs to learn proper technique." It's great to hear that a 1st round draft pick, in (probably) 15 years of playing football, still hasn't mastered that pesky thing called "technique" that oh-so many players at this level lack.

Mecca 11-24-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5245639)
You know what Turk McBride is good at?

Hitting the QB about 30 seconds after he releases the ball.

I was about to say, I love having a player on the team that gets more roughing the passer penalties than sacks.