ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271442)

Amnorix 12-13-2013 01:32 PM

Just bought the tix. 8:00 p.m. tonight. Looking forward to it. Thor 2 was really good, I thought, and I have high hopes for The Hobbit as well.

Smaug should really be worth it all by himself!

Tribal Warfare 12-13-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10274617)
Just bought the tix. 8:00 p.m. tonight. Looking forward to it. Thor 2 was really good, I thought, and I have high hopes for The Hobbit as well.

Smaug should really be worth it all by himself!

In all honesty, the film was sort of drull until Smaug (Cumberbatch) entered the film which was worth the wait.

Anyong Bluth 12-13-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10273869)
Just got home from seeing it in the HFR 3D...I actually liked the HFR better this time round. The picture was not overwhelmingly sharp like the last one, I think Peter Jackson may have dialed down the sharpness, and it worked beautifully. Smaug was awesome. Not going to say too much more, but it is certainly an excellent piece of work.

He did do this to different degrees for each specific scene so it looked less abrasive for those who are not used to seeing HFR. Played with the video quite a bit between the two films to get more of that film vs video quality.
So he spent a lot of time adjusting scenes individually and said his biggest asset of the video editing tools he had was something called ProMist .

mnchiefsguy 12-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10274664)
He did do this to different degrees for each specific scene so it looked less abrasive for those who are not used to seeing HFR. Played with the video quite a bit between the two films to get more of that film vs video quality.
So he spent a lot of time adjusting scenes individually and said his biggest asset of the video editing tools he had was something called ProMist .

Well, he was certainly successful in that regard. I debated on whether to see the HFR this time around, but decided to give it one more go. Much better presentation this time around.

Amnorix 12-13-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10274672)
Well, he was certainly successful in that regard. I debated on whether to see the HFR this time around, but decided to give it one more go. Much better presentation this time around.

I'm seeing hFR for the first time at tonight's showing. Figured I'd give it a shot. Mostly, though, it was just the best time for me in terms of giving me a chance to get home, scarf down some dinner and get to the theater and not be late so we get lousy seats, and still have the movie end at a reasonable time for the kids bedtime...

Anyong Bluth 12-13-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10274682)
I'm seeing hFR for the first time at tonight's showing. Figured I'd give it a shot. Mostly, though, it was just the best time for me in terms of giving me a chance to get home, scarf down some dinner and get to the theater and not be late so we get lousy seats, and still have the movie end at a reasonable time for the kids bedtime...

That's why I love IMAX and some AMC theaters that let you preselect your seats. I'll gladly put off seeing a movie a day or 2 that's going to be packed if I can just go online and pick a time that works for me and select my seats on reserve.

So much better than showing up 45 minutes before the show to stand in line compared to parking 10 minutes before the show, stroll in, hit the head and take a wizz, maybe grab a drink or something at concessions, and plop down a couple of minutes before the coming attractions start to roll.

Hammock Parties 12-13-2013 03:29 PM

Yeah I love my theater. Plush recliners, waitresses, reserved seating and NO ONE UNDER 18.

The Franchise 12-13-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10274914)
Yeah I love my theater. Plush recliners, waitresses, reserved seating and NO ONE UNDER 18.

I really wish we had one here.

mr. tegu 12-13-2013 04:45 PM

We reserved two seats in the cinema suites. We must have checked right when it opened because only two seats had been taken yet. Looking forward to seeing it.

Deberg_1990 12-13-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10274906)
That's why I love IMAX and some AMC theaters that let you preselect your seats. I'll gladly put off seeing a movie a day or 2 that's going to be packed if I can just go online and pick a time that works for me and select my seats on reserve.

So much better than showing up 45 minutes before the show to stand in line compared to parking 10 minutes before the show, stroll in, hit the head and take a wizz, maybe grab a drink or something at concessions, and plop down a couple of minutes before the coming attractions start to roll.

Reserved seating rocks. No having to show up 45 minutes early on opening weekend. You just walk right in 2 minutes before the movie starts....or you can even wait 10 or 15 minutes and skip the trailers if you prefer.

hometeam 12-13-2013 10:32 PM

Just walked in from the 3d movie. Was very good, though

Spoiler!

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-14-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10275685)
Just walked in from the 3d movie. Was very good, though

Yup Great movie and i agree with your spoiler.

RunKC 12-14-2013 05:45 PM

Just got back. Loved it.

Can't wait until the next one comes out.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-15-2013 11:58 AM

Evangeline Lilly was just hot in this movie.

Sure-Oz 12-15-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10277926)
Evangeline Lilly was just hot in this movie.

Yeah and in Real Steel as well

Spoiler!