ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Reaper16 04-11-2010 11:55 PM

BTW -- the mad parallels which are the hallmark of a great show were abound in this episode. The ATM has posed problems for Jesse in the past. Also, Hank going to the airport just to not get on the plane after all parallels when Walt pretended to fly out to his mother.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 12:24 AM

Yeah, solid episode, but I really want it to get back to the taut, purposeful storytelling of the first two seasons. This was a way to transition Walt back into the game, and I think from here on out we'll see them pick up the pace.

Reaper16 04-12-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 6667713)
Yeah, solid episode, but I really want it to get back to the taut, purposeful storytelling of the first two seasons. This was a way to transition Walt back into the game, and I think from here on out we'll see them pick up the pace.

You're saying that season 3 hasn't been purposeful?

I can understand where someone would say that the season has lacked the propulsive forward momentum of the first two seasons, much of which was aided by the ticking-time-bomb aspect of Walt's cancer. The pace of season 3 has reflected Walt's headspace. The show is staying within itself. While not exactly taut, in no way is this season slack.

Buck 04-12-2010 01:08 AM

Generally season 3 of any show is the weakest, but I just think you may be expecting too much 4 episode in.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6667731)
You're saying that season 3 hasn't been purposeful?

The pace of season 3 has reflected Walt's headspace.

Well, I guess this is sort of what I meant. Walt currently has no purpose -- he's gone pretty much bonkers, acting irrationally and wandering listlessly. And the pacing certainly reflects that. I'm not necessarily calling that a negative, and it's almost assuredly the right choice in the long run. But this show is much more compelling when Walt has a goal he is trying to achieve, and after the break-into-my-own-house-to-force-normalcy gambit failed, it became clear that all his efforts this season were for naught. The high stakes haven't been there.

The season has definitely been good so far, but I don't know if it has been entirely playing to its strengths.

Thig Lyfe 04-12-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6667761)
Generally season 3 of any show is the weakest, but I just think you may be expecting too much 4 episode in.

Nah, I expected there to be a bit of a downshift as the aftermath of season 2 started to sort itself out. I'm fine with them taking their time. They can't revert to the status quo -- too many irrevocable things were done, too many things said that can't be unsaid. But I'm a tad anxious for them to find the new status quo. This state of flux the story is in is still interesting and very well-done, but I'm ready for the dust to settle and for the show to kick back into overdrive.

irishjayhawk 04-12-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6667589)
It was the weakest episode of the season thus far but it isn't anything close to being a weak episode. The biggest negative for me is the cashier lady; her scenes didn't seem to me to be in the usual tenor of the show.

On the plus side, this was the most broadly comedic episode that I can remember and they pulled it off.

That's precisely my take. There will always be episodes that only further the storyline rather than be explosive.

PunkinDrublic 04-12-2010 04:51 PM

Just finished watching the 2nd season this weekend and jumped in on Sundays episode. Boy am I lost. I'm waiting until April 24th when they replay all the episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

irishjayhawk 04-17-2010 02:14 PM

Allegedly renewed for fourth season:

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/br...h-season-16408

irishjayhawk 04-18-2010 09:20 PM

Not quite sure how I felt about tonight's episode but next week's looks like the slow burn is over and the intense stretch is on.

notorious 04-19-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6685051)
Not quite sure how I felt about tonight's episode but next week's looks like the slow burn is over and the intense stretch is on.

This.

Walt has accepted his new life.

Jesse is pissed and will probably be busted for being reckless (how stupid can you be giving a stranger meth at a gas station?).

Skyler is going to become addicted to the money and want Walt back.

Hank has made a major breakthrough, but his life is falling apart.

jjjayb 04-23-2010 12:37 PM

This show continues to impress. I loved the scene where Gustavo is showing Walt the new lab.

"A man provides, and he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."

notorious 04-26-2010 08:43 AM

Now we're talking! This season is finally hitting it's stride.

Is Hank going to beat the piss out of Jesse?

How long will it take for Walt to realize he is training his replacement?

Reaper16 04-26-2010 10:46 AM

The points of light hitting Walk as the tape on the RV door was removed one-by-one was great, and possibly portentous.

notorious 04-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6715683)
The points of light hitting Walk as the tape on the RV door was removed one-by-one was great, and possibly portentous.

They did a very nice job on that scene.

I loved how they forced Jesse and Walt back together and put them into another crisis situation. That has always been my favorite part of the show.

I hope that Jesse and Walt are forced to help each other out when the shit hits the fan with Tuco's Cousins.