ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dante Hall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107211)

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:28 PM

Dante Hall

Absolutely great return to put us in position for the game winning kick. However, I got tired of seeing him jump up yelling and screaming at players because of a missed block on his returns. I didn't see Trent or the O-line yelling at him on that dropped pass that almost became an interception.

headsnap 12-25-2004 08:31 PM

I don't see it as him yelling at the players, I see it as frustration because he BELIEVES he will take it to the house on every return.

I wish the D had some of his fire...

Thig Lyfe 12-25-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap
I wish the D had some of his fire...

No joke.

Rep.

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

I don't see it as him yelling at the players, I see it as frustration because he BELIEVES he will take it to the house on every return.

I don't have a problem with venting frustration, I just wish he wouldn't do it at his teammates. If you can see the game again, watch the his first return. He really went after a guy. Now, the guy did miss the block that would have sprung him for a TD. Again, he didn't get the same treatment on his drop.

6 Iron 12-25-2004 08:36 PM

Had to watch the game with the volume off as I was at a family dinner (theoretically). Dante's expressions looked more like whining at missed blocking assignments than disappointment in his performance. But all is forgiven with that wonderful return; vintage Dante.

KCJohnny 12-25-2004 08:38 PM

I hate it for the people who wanted to bury Dante earlier this season. The X-factor is alive and well!

Hammock Parties 12-25-2004 08:39 PM

I was yelling when he started running that kick back.....I was hyperventilating with Kansas City Chief joy...

Pants 12-25-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaman
I don't have a problem with venting frustration, I just wish he wouldn't do it at his teammates. If you can see the game again, watch the his first return. He really went after a guy. Now, the guy did miss the block that would have sprung him for a TD. Again, he didn't get the same treatment on his drop.

He usually beats himself up. I was suprised at that, myself, when he started yelling at that dude. But that was only one incident. In the interviews he almost never takes the credit for his returns, always says it was a team effort and thanks his blockers. He is a team player, no doubt.

headsnap 12-25-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

I just watched it again in High Def, and it still looks like frustration to me...

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
He usually beats himself up. I was suprised at that, myself, when he started yelling at that dude. But that was only one incident. In the interviews he almost never takes the credit for his returns, always says it was a team effort and thanks his blockers. He is a team player, no doubt.

Good points. I remember 3 different occasions where he went after blockers today. I was thinking it was because he wanted to throw his pro-bowl snub in the face of the all the voters on national TV.

Hammock Parties 12-25-2004 08:42 PM

"X-FACTOR'D"

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...2521_lower.jpg

"I DON'T PLAY FOR fuckIN TEXAS A&M NO MO' "

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...2521_lower.jpg

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

I just watched it again in High Def, and it still looks like frustration to me...

Fair enough, but who's he taking his frustration out on?

jettio 12-25-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Absolutely great return to put us in position for the game winning kick. However, I got tired of seeing him jump up yelling and screaming at players because of a missed block on his returns. I didn't see Trent or the O-line yelling at him on that dropped pass that almost became an interception.

I posted about him doing that last year. He was way out of line calling out teammates against the Browns last year on two plays.

I did not notice it today, whether it is okay or not may depend on if the player genuiinely missed their assignment and if the other ST players recognize him as a kind of captain that can address a mistake that he sees.

I did not like seeing him do that last year, because the players he barked at had not really messed up. made him look to be a prima donna.

He made two great cuts at top speed on today's return, no other returner could have returned that kickoff as far as Dante did today, incredible talent.

Bob Dole 12-25-2004 08:59 PM

On the final return today, it was probably aimed at the officials for not flagging Jerkikowski after he used Hall's face mask to drive his head into the turf.

Bob Dole appreciates a little fire. We could use more of it.

KCWolfman 12-25-2004 09:00 PM

The record for kickoff and punt returns in a career is 11 by Eric Metcalf (12 if you count post-season). Hall is only 2 away from tying that record.