ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe flacco (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269127)

Molitoth 01-22-2013 01:55 PM

I'm starting to come around on Flacco. It's hard to argue his results.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:45 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
NFLN's Ian Rapoport on Joe Flacco contract status: "His camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning." Peyton makes $19.2M a year.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-28-2013 06:52 PM

There is another starting QB that looks more like a serial killer and his time for ridicule is at hand. Matt Schaub

Easy 6 01-28-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359418)
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
NFLN's Ian Rapoport on Joe Flacco contract status: "His camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning." Peyton makes $19.2M a year.

Its easy to say that since his team has progressed farther into the playoffs... but realistically, he didnt seem to wake up until the last month, last two of regular season and then playoffs.

No team is going to give him Manning money until he's able to shine across a full season... he impressed me and changed my tune about him, but its still based on a small body of work.

He wont get 19, i'm guessing Newsome will offer him 13-15 and he'll take it to stay with the ravens, he'd be a fool not to.

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9359541)
Its easy to say that since his team has progressed farther into the playoffs... but realistically, he didnt seem to wake up until the last month, last two of regular season and then playoffs.

No team is going to give him Manning money until he's able to shine across a full season... he impressed me and changed my tune about him, but its still based on a small body of work.

He wont get 19, i'm guessing Newsome will offer him 13-15 and he'll take it to stay with the ravens, he'd be a fool not to.

He'd be a god damn fool to take 13 million.

I don't care that he's not an outstanding regular season QB. He's an outstanding clutch QB and this Ravens team is his team. Make no mistake about that.

He should ask for 20 million a year.

RUSH 01-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9359541)

Why would he a fool not to?

If the Ravens don't want to pay him then someone else will. You're underestimating the value of QB's.

I don't personally believe he's worth a huge contract but the shortage of good QB's in this league and the amount of playoff success he has had gives him all the leverage in this negotiation.

He won't play under the franchise tag and that would be a PR disaster if he winds up sitting out a year removed from the Super Bowl. Especially if they end up winning it all.

O.city 01-28-2013 07:40 PM

I would hope they would pay him. If the Chiefs draft Geno and he does what Flacco has done, we better damn well back the truck up to his house.

Easy 6 01-28-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9359552)
He'd be a god damn fool to take 13 million.

I don't care that he's not an outstanding regular season QB. He's an outstanding clutch QB and this Ravens team is his team. Make no mistake about that.

He should ask for 20 million a year.

Yeah ok, 13 is lowball... but i'll stick with 15-16.

I totally agree that he has been clutch, leading shocking comebacks on a team that, outside of his arm and Torrey Smith, isnt built for quick strike/come from behind magic.

But to get more than a HOF guy who had some amazing stats, based on a small sample of games? I just cant see Newsome giving him that yet.

Could be wrong, we'll see.

O.city 01-28-2013 07:45 PM

Well, TBH, the Manning thing is kinda bs. He shouldn't be getting that much, he's being paid for what he's done. Not as much for what he can do.

Thats the thing with Flacco. You are somewhat rewarding what he's done, but you are really paying for what you hope to get in the future. If he continues his upswing, he woudl absolutely be worth that.

Easy 6 01-28-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359591)
Well, TBH, the Manning thing is kinda bs. He shouldn't be getting that much, he's being paid for what he's done. Not as much for what he can do.

Thats the thing with Flacco. You are somewhat rewarding what he's done, but you are really paying for what you hope to get in the future. If he continues his upswing, he woudl absolutely be worth that.

True, smellway overpaid for him to win the sweepstakes.

If Flacco continues to trend upward, hell yeah he's worth 20 mill... he has the potential to be a ruthlessraper with better accuracy on the long ball.