ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:05 AM

Hog Farmer's gotta be on a troll kick ever since 2013 draft talk started. He's not normally this dumb.

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 09:07 AM

Russel Wilson is the new Brady

thinking you can just wait and get a 3rd rounder is every bit as ****ing stupid as saying "oh yeah, well Brady was a 6th rounder"

And Reid made his name with a first round QB...it ain't ****ing rocket calculus

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:08 AM

I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34 or by trading back into the first. It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have to get our QB of choice at 1 if it's a guy that people know for sure won't be first round pick.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424896)
I keep seeing this and I keep thinking "who has he REALLY developed"?

Kevin Kolb played so good they traded him. He resurrected Vick for all of 1 year. Foles has yet to really prove anything. He's always had ADEQUATE QB play.

But the ONLY ELITE QB he's ever coached is the guy he picked #2 overall.

Don't get me wrong, I like Andy Reid. A LOT actually.

But this idea that he's a QB guru is WAY overblown.

I don't see how you don't think he developed Kolb...He coached up Kolb to play well in his system, so much that teams wanted to trade for him. With Vick playing as well as he was and the organization committing so much money to him, it was a no brainer to trade him as his contract would expire at the end of the year.

Kolb and Vick both had their best seasons under Reid. I think that says something about him.

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424896)
I keep seeing this and I keep thinking "who has he REALLY developed"?

Kevin Kolb played so good they traded him. He resurrected Vick for all of 1 year. Foles has yet to really prove anything. He's always had ADEQUATE QB play.

But the ONLY ELITE QB he's ever coached is the guy he picked #2 overall.

Don't get me wrong, I like Andy Reid. A LOT actually.

But this idea that he's a QB guru is WAY overblown.

x10000000000000000000000

he's good at flipping lower round QBs...which is a great thing and I hope he does that here, but....

he went to a super bowl with a first round QB...end of story

O.city 02-22-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424903)
I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34 or by trading back into the first. It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have to get our QB of choice at 1 if it's a guy that people know for sure won't be first round pick.

You keep saying this and it's fine I'd love it to work like that. But I'm tired of playing it risky with the qb spot and not having our choice.

If we wait we might miss out or not be able to trade back up etc.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34

IF he falls to 34, yes.

Quote:

or by trading back into the first.

I HATE this idea. We have the #1 pick. We can settle this shit WITHOUT giving up VALUABLE picks. That pick at the top of the 2nd could net us a starting WR or starting CB.

Quote:

It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

I think Barkley falling is more of a wildcard than Wilson.

Quote:

There isn't a single guy in the 4 you mentioned that we know FOR SURE won't be a first round pick. So this is flawed logic.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424904)
I don't see how you don't think he developed Kolb...He coached up Kolb to play well in his system, so much that teams wanted to trade for him. With Vick playing as well as he was and the organization committing so much money to him, it was a no brainer to trade him as his contract would expire at the end of the year.

Kolb and Vick both had their best seasons under Reid. I think that says something about him.

If he REALLY coached up Kolb, he wouldn't have traded him. You don't trade franchise QBs. Andy "QB guru" Reid DIDN'T THINK KOLB WAS GOOD ENOUGH.

Period, end of story.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9424907)
x10000000000000000000000

he's good at flipping lower round QBs...which is a great thing and I hope he does that here, but....

he went to a super bowl with a first round QB...end of story

It's too funny. They're playing the Pioli/Andy Reid segment on the radio right now.

Pioli is trying to praise Andy about how he has developed QBs and he starts the sentence with "Yeah, he had Donovan but..."

He totally tried to completely ignore the fact that Andy Reid drafted a QB at #2 overall.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424910)
You keep saying this and it's fine I'd love it to work like that. But I'm tired of playing it risky with the qb spot and not having our choice.

If we wait we might miss out or not be able to trade back up etc.

They just need to know where to get their guy.

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco. 49ers traded up for Kaepernick. Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:22 AM

If the QB class is so god****ing abortion awful like you say it is, then how are teams going to find that Russell Wilson? If there's no Andrew Luck in the class, why the **** would there be a Russell Wilson? It makes sense that teams this year are going to reach higher for QBs not worth their picks.

That means if you want that Russell Wilson, you're going to have to get him in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

And if your point is that Russell Wilson was just a pleasant surprise in the 3rd round, then you really have no point, then do you? It's no different than saying, "Teams get lucky on mid-to-late round franchise QBs all the time. There's Russell Wilson and uh.... Tom Brady... and... uhhhhh... Kurt Warner..."

Betting your team's success on late round miracles that happen sporadically is really ****ing dumb.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424932)

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco. 49ers traded up for Kaepernick. Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

Yeah and how many teams have tried it and didnt get their guy? We have no idea obviously but it's risky and I'm not all about risk at that position anymore.

If it were clowney sitting at 1 **** yeah risk it cause the reward is worth it. IMO no other player there is worth the risk of missing out on your guy

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco.

Ravens didn't have a top 10 pick.

Quote:

49ers traded up for Kaepernick.

Neither did the 49ers.

Both of those picks were ADDING to an established team.

Quote:

Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

Bullshit. The already had Flynn. Russell Wilson fell into their laps. They got LUCKY.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424904)

NO one disputes the fact that Reid can coach up QBs. Hes definately proven that.

BUt for "sustained" success over the long haul, he had a top 3 drafted QB prospect. All those other guys were temporary solutions.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424922)
If he REALLY coached up Kolb, he wouldn't have traded him. You don't trade franchise QBs. Andy "QB guru" Reid DIDN'T THINK KOLB WAS GOOD ENOUGH.

Period, end of story.

It's not end of story. He coached up Kolb, and then Kolb gets hurt. Vick lights it up, they pay him to be the franchise QB. Then they trade Kolb b/c they can't afford 2 franchise QBs.