ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pot Legal in Colorado and Washington for Recreational Use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266302)

Frosty 11-07-2012 10:59 AM

Can someone point me to a good explanation on how this is supposed to work (in Washington particularly), without the hyperbole? How is the state going to control/tax it? Are there going to be state run head shops like the liquor stores (used to be)?

listopencil 11-07-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9095085)
except that employers will continue anti pot policies and pour the budweiser at christmas parties, which severely limits pot retail.

^

Mr. Laz 11-07-2012 11:03 AM

it will eventually be legal everywhere

ModSocks 11-07-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9095139)
Can someone point me to a good explanation on how this is supposed to work (in Washington particularly), without the hyperbole? How is the state going to control/tax it? Are there going to be state run head shops like the liquor stores (used to be)?

Also, is it only sold in Smoke Shops, or is this something we're going to find in liquor stores and 7-11's?

BigCatDaddy 11-07-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9094817)
today 30 americans will die from alcohol related automobile activity.

And you want to add to the total number of people killed by someone being under the influence of something behind the wheel?

malachi47000 11-07-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9095165)
Also, is it only sold in Smoke Shops, or is this something we're going to find in liquor stores and 7-11's?

it will be in 7-11's right next to the funyuns and hostess cakes (both which will produce record sales in 2013)

malachi47000 11-07-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9094817)
today 30 americans will die from alcohol related automobile activity.

All of whom will be trying to speed around the potheads going 30 miles per hour...

Garcia Bronco 11-07-2012 11:25 AM

I can understand the Federal Government's right to police interstate commerce, but if the pot stays here in my state, I say they have no room to do anything to any individual.

Ace Gunner 11-07-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9095210)
And you want to add to the total number of people killed by someone being under the influence of something behind the wheel?

heh? is the date stamp on this post correct? I mean, isn't this post from 1936?

Where in my posts have I condoned drug use and driving?

Au contraire -- I have urged folks to obstain from these activities during obvious holiday threads.

drug related deaths are primarily related to alcohol and script drugs. not by a small margin, by a huge margin.

maybe, just maybe many of those "addict" personalities could be redirected toward a far less socially and individually dangerous drug on their way to full recovery.

Ace Gunner 11-07-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malachi47000 (Post 9095218)
All of whom will be trying to speed around the potheads going 30 miles per hour...

http://www.scribbleoneverything.com/...artoon/bam.gif

BigCatDaddy 11-07-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9095285)
heh? is the date stamp on this post correct? I mean, isn't this post from 1936?

Where in my posts have I condoned drug use and driving?

Au contraire -- I have urged folks to obstain from these activities during obvious holiday threads.

drug related deaths are primarily related to alcohol and script drugs. not by a small margin, by a huge margin.

maybe, just maybe many of those "addict" personalities could be redirected toward a far less socially and individually dangerous drug on their way to full recovery.

From someone that has drove drunk and stoned in my youth. I know which one impaired my driving more and it wasn't alchohol.

Getting behind the wheel being anything but sober is a bad idea.

Frosty 11-07-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9095285)

Not trying to send this off to DC or anything, but how do they know for sure? Do they routinely test for THC in every case of fatal traffic accidents?

teedubya 11-07-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9094634)
Something that isn't getting any publicity related to the constitutional amendment that we just passed in Colorado, is that Amendment 64 not only regulates marijuana like alcohol, but also directs the general assembly to regulate the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp.

This is HUGE! Regardless of any backwards-ass perceptions people have about the marijuana that gets you high, I think even the most dull, uninformed, morons would have to agree that ending the ban on the cultivation and production of industrial hemp is a great thing! Good job Colorado!

YES. Herein lies one of the greatest opportunities of the 21st century, IMO.

I've been a HUGE proponent of hemp for about 20 years. Hemp is why marijuana is illegal... NOT BECAUSE YOU CAN GET HIGH FROM MARIJUANA... the prohibition of marijuana was an indirect ploy to make hemp illegal.

Brock 11-07-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9095315)
From someone that has drove drunk and stoned in my youth. I know which one impaired my driving more and it wasn't alchohol.

You just thought you were driving better when you were drunk. Hint: You weren't.

BigCatDaddy 11-07-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9095345)
You just thought you were driving better when you were drunk. Hint: You weren't.

I didn't say it was good driving, but I know which one was worse. No studies to back it up just my broscience experience.