ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Do we put Green in against Miami? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151608)

Mr. Laz 11-07-2006 10:15 AM

Do we put Green in against Miami?

if we get a big lead in the 2nd half against Miami, do we put Green in so he can work some of his rust off in a blowout?

or is that a commitment that's too early for the Chiefs to make?

MOhillbilly 11-07-2006 10:18 AM

i wouldnt think it wise to do anything before his head is 100%.

Saulbadguy 11-07-2006 10:19 AM

I would.

Dunit35 11-07-2006 10:20 AM

I would....just as long as they say he is 100%.

jspchief 11-07-2006 10:20 AM

Green isn't cleared to play yet.

Otherwise we'd be puttin him in at the coin flip.

Stinger 11-07-2006 10:22 AM

Initially I would say no and put Croyle in give him some experience and make sure Trent is 100%.

Mr. Laz 11-07-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Green isn't cleared to play yet.

Otherwise we'd be puttin him in at the coin flip.

you really think he wouldn't have been cleared already if Huard was playing poorly?

Fairplay 11-07-2006 10:24 AM

Good idea. I don't think we will however. I think they want his debut to be at Arrowhead.

Miami is ranked 4th overall in defense. Im not sure if the Chiefs will be racking up the score to much on them.

jspchief 11-07-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
you really think he wouldn't have been cleared already if Huard was playing poorly?

I think if it's the coaches' choice to put Green back in over Huard, it will happen the instant that Green can go. My opinion is that Edwards wants Green at QB, but we'll have to wait and see.

The suggestion that the coaches are keeping him out because they want Huard contradicts the notion that they would put Green in to blow the dust off. If Huard really is the guy they want, I don't think they're going to play around or take the chance that Green comes in and lights it up.

To answer the question, yes. I don't think Green is cleared to play, and it has no bearing on what Huard is doing.

JBucc 11-07-2006 10:28 AM

If he's 100% but I'm not sure if he's quite ready yet.

noa 11-07-2006 10:30 AM

I think this question is moot because the Dolphins are going to give us a tougher challenge than people expect. Even if we win, I don't think we'll blow them out by any means.
Green will be back for Oakland, and that's a great place for him to start.

jspchief 11-07-2006 10:39 AM

I'm not sure the Oakland game is so mush easier than Miami in terms of the passing game. They are very comparable in pass defense.

I guess the one thing would be that we should be able to run more against the Raiders. But overall I'm not sure the difference is such that they'd actually intentionally sit their starter an extra week.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-07-2006 10:41 AM

Our next 8 weeks we face 6 good Defenses. Even though Miami and Oakland are 2-6, they both have Defenses that get to the Qb . I think we should save Trent for the preseason 2007. Not to mention the fact he's permanently retarted .

noa 11-07-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I'm not sure the Oakland game is so mush easier than Miami in terms of the passing game. They are very comparable in pass defense.

I guess the one thing would be that we should be able to run more against the Raiders. But overall I'm not sure the difference is such that they'd actually intentionally sit their starter an extra week.

Well, the main difference is that the Raiders game is in Arrowhead. Its a familiar environment for Trent and even though their D is tough, their offense is pathetic, so we have a little more room to make errors and to wear off the rust.

Ebolapox 11-07-2006 11:04 AM

I'd put him in whenever he's ready.