ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Draft Expert on Geno, Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272346)

Direckshun 04-21-2013 11:34 PM

NFL Draft Expert on Geno, Albert

Anybody know if this dude is legit?

Here's what he has to say about Albert:

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 6h
After Brandon Albert smoke screen. #Dolphins & #Raiders REMAIN actively engaged in trade talks. Expect trade when Raiders on clock.

Here's what he was arguing against some dude over Geno:

NFL_Draft_Insider‏@NFLDraftBites
It's Not being over-thought & over-analyzed. It's a Reality. No Team wants Geno Smith in the Top 10. Have a 2nd Round grade on him.
3:51 PM - 20 Apr 13

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster 20 Apr
@NFLDraftBites Well that simply isn't true...

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 20 Apr
@NFLDraftMonster Who wants him in the top 10? System QB w/ no experience reading a Defense. Excels b/c of College Hash marks.

@NFLDraftBites To say "no one wants him" is something you simply don't know. You also seem to be forgetting his Soph season (reading def)

@NFLDraftMonster Numbers took off w Holgersen. It's a system that's worked. Maybe he's a late 1. But watch Philly- like Manuel over Geno

@NFLDraftBites I'm not concerned with the numbers. Box score scouts wind up w/ Timmy Chang and Kliff Kingsbury. Concerned with the player.

@NFLDraftMonster What Franchise QB takes two safeties in his final College game? Ball security issues. Do the Bills take him at 8?

@NFLDraftBites Really, a fluke snow game, and you're talking safeties? Really? Bills could, Cleveland could, Arizona could, Jax could....

@NFLDraftMonster Geno throws an unbelievable fade. Best I've seen. Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league

@NFLDraftBites right. but scouting is about evaluating what the player can become, not the offense he came from.

@NFLDraftMonster And what can Geno Smith become? A turnover prone QB that has difficulty reading through progressions?

@NFLDraftBites When has he ever shown he was turnover prone? Has some fumbles but incredibly low INT numbers. Especially for Air Raid.

@NFLDraftMonster We're projecting here. INT numbers low on a simplistic read Air Raid. 32 career fumbles. What do you love about him?

@NFLDraftBites he's a highly accurate passer with above requisite velocity.

@NFLDraftBites compare his numbers to other air raid guys, much lower int numbers.

@NFLDraftMonster Tim Couch light up SEC w/ Air Raid Offense & Hal Mumme. Remember- Couch & Bruce Arians worked together. Carson over Geno?

This guy has a ton of interesting observations.

Sorter 04-21-2013 11:44 PM

"Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league" LMAO

" simplistic read Air Raid." LMAO

Somewhere, Josh McDaniels is ****ing laughing his ass off at the 2nd quote.

Along with myself. People who don't truly understand the AirRaid and it's concepts, along with how nearly every single one is used in the NFL are ****ing idiots. The concepts have been around forever. FFS, Charlie Weis was using "AirRaid" concepts in his E/P offense before it was cool.

Inb4 "Tom Brady runs a gimmick offense".

Mav 04-22-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9613382)
"Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league" LMAO

" simplistic read Air Raid." LMAO

Somewhere, Josh McDaniels is ****ing laughing his ass off at the 2nd quote.

Along with myself. People who don't truly understand the AirRaid and it's concepts, along with how nearly every single one is used in the NFL are ****ing idiots. The concepts have been around forever. FFS, Charlie Weis was using "AirRaid" concepts in his E/P offense before it was cool.

Inb4 "Tom Brady runs a gimmick offense".

he doesnt. Hes one of maybe 3 qbs you could put in an6+y system, and have them run it without skipping a beat.

Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers being the other two.....

ChiefGator 04-22-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9613361)
Here's what he has to say about Albert:

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 6h
After Brandon Albert smoke screen. #Dolphins & #Raiders REMAIN actively engaged in trade talks. Expect trade when Raiders on clock.

Has there ever been a trade with a team on the clock that involved an existing NFL players? Seems like there are so many possible hold-ups on those trades normally, they usually take days to really finalize. Can you really do that in ten minutes?

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 07:09 AM

More evidence that this place has an unreasonable hard on for a QB, any QB. Just draft one in the first.

Deberg_1990 04-22-2013 07:12 AM

Why am i getting the feeling that Geno is next Jimmy Clausen?

Molitoth 04-22-2013 07:47 AM

I ****ing hate eveybody.

Direckshun 04-22-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9613594)

I am getting that same feeling.

Direckshun 04-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9613488)
Has there ever been a trade with a team on the clock that involved an existing NFL players? Seems like there are so many possible hold-ups on those trades normally, they usually take days to really finalize. Can you really do that in ten minutes?

No, the tweet is saying the Dolphins are on the verge of simply backing out of the Albert deal and trading up with the Fade to take Fisher/Joeckel.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9613594)

Lots on the planet thought that Clausen was going to be our high 1st round QB. Lots on the planet thought Clausen was going to be good.
The NFL did not agree with the planet on Clausen.
It appears that the NFL does not agree with those posters on the planet on Geno Smith either.

ChiefGator 04-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9613642)
No, the tweet is saying the Dolphins are on the verge of simply backing out of the Albert deal and trading up with the Fade to take Fisher/Joeckel.

Ah, thanks. I'm at home today with a bad flu bug.. I think it has affected my reading comp.

King_Chief_Fan 04-22-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613643)
Lots on the planet thought that Clausen was going to be our high 1st round QB. Lots on the planet thought Clausen was going to be good.
The NFL did not agree with the planet on Clausen.
It appears that the NFL does not agree with those posters on the planet on Geno Smith either.

I'll take, "what do Chiefs fans know" for $100 Alex.

Marcellus 04-22-2013 08:19 AM

I said last week Geno could fall big time and possibly be there in the 2nd round.

RealSNR 04-22-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613590)
More evidence that this place has an unreasonable hard on for a QB, any QB. Just draft one in the first.

Would rather have that than hard ons for Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono.

"Just trade for a backup! Preferably from the 49ers, but it doesn't matter. Just do it. Whatever you do, for ****'s sake, do NOT take a risk on drafting a bust QB in the 1st round! Everybody in your family will die and you'll lose your job!"

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9613680)
Would rather have that than hard ons for Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono.

"Just trade for a backup! Preferably from the 49ers, but it doesn't matter. Just do it. Whatever you do, for ****'s sake, do NOT take a risk on drafting a bust QB in the 1st round! Everybody in your family will die and you'll lose your job!"

I would rather they did not get fixated because they are desperate. Letting the proper decision be made when the proper evidence is in front of them.