ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ride the KC Metro: Sucker Punch the Bus Driver! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264675)

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8978868)
And they wonder why normal people are afraid to ride the bus.

Normal? What the **** does that mean?

I rode the Los Angeles Metro five days a week for nearly two years. It was dirt cheap (like $30 a month and straight shot down Santa Monica Blvd.) and I never saw a single incidence of violence.

If you're "afraid" to take public transportation, whether it's the Metro or the Subway, that says more about you than the system.

Bwana 10-05-2012 01:54 PM

What a douche. With any luck, he'll be on the wrong end of a drive by.

Bob Dole 10-05-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8979189)
I'm sure in the days to come, there'll be some story from Jenee' nee' Osterfart in the KC Star FYI section, saying that little sucker puncher needs midnight basketball. He just ain't raised with enough activities to keep him focused.

Sha'arinica Campbell thinks he is simply acting out because he knows he won't be able to get an education and a good job.

ThaVirus 10-05-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979468)

I rode the Los Angeles Metro five days a week for nearly two years. It was dirt cheap (like $30 a month and straight shot down Santa Monica Blvd.) and I never saw a single incidence of violence.

If you're "afraid" to take public transportation, whether it's the Metro or the Subway, that says more about you than the system.

Pretty much this. That's just a completely ignorant way of thinking.

Generally speaking, there's no difference between those that ride the city bus and those that don't. Just a bunch of people trying to get where they're going.

Bump 10-05-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979468)

riding the T in Boston at night is never a good feeling. Even had an encounter once, I knew these guys were scoping me out and as soon as that door open I bolted out and when I got to a corner, I looked back and they were looking for me.

It doesn't say anything about anybody if they don't feel safe riding on public transportation, because it's not always safe.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:51 PM

What a ****ing douche. I wish a few people armed with glocks would go Dog The Bounty Hunter and find that piece of shit.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979590)
riding the T in Boston at night is never a good feeling.

I've never been to Boston. Is that a bad part of town or just overall?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979590)
It doesn't say anything about anybody if they don't feel safe riding on public transportation, because it's not always safe.

It may not always be safe, sure. But I imagine that's due to the neighborhood and not so much to do with public transportation as a whole.

R8RFAN 10-05-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8979598)
What a ****ing douche. I wish a few people armed with glocks would go Dog The Bounty Hunter and find that piece of shit.

Dog can't have a gun he is a felon

suds79 10-05-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8979583)
Pretty much this. That's just a completely ignorant way of thinking.

Generally speaking, there's no difference between those that ride the city bus and those that don't. Just a bunch of people trying to get where they're going.

Ehhhh I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. That's like saying Walmart is just a bunch of people trying to buy groceries. No it's different.

I ride the bus from time to time and I can tell you it's just a different clientele that's fore sure.

You're talking about typically poor or lets just say interesting people on there.

Bump 10-05-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979615)
I've never been to Boston. Is that a bad part of town or just overall?

It may not always be safe, sure. But I imagine that's due to the neighborhood and not so much to do with public transportation as a whole.

yes it was in the shitty part of town. I live in a nice burb but I have to go through the shit holes to get to the city with the way the T operates. I hardly ever take it though as I rarely go downtown.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979680)
yes it was in the shitty part of town. I live in a nice burb but I have to go through the shit holes to get to the city with the way the T operates. I hardly ever take it though as I rarely go downtown.

Ah, that sucks. The subway in LA is freakin' awesome. It'll drop me off at Staples and LA Live in a about 15 minutes and soon, the new NFL stadium. We've gone to DTLA to party taking the subway and for that, it's ultra cool (i.e., no drinking and driving).

I haven't taken the bus since about 1998 but it was nice and convenient. And for at least 7 years or so, the entire fleet is natural gas, which is awesome as compared to diesel fumes.

ModSocks 10-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8979658)
Ehhhh I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. That's like saying Walmart is just a bunch of people trying to buy groceries. No it's different.

I ride the bus from time to time and I can tell you it's just a different clientele that's fore sure.

You're talking about typically poor or lets just say interesting people on there.

This.

Not sure about other cities, but San Diego's public transportation is full of rejects. Sure, there's plenty of working professionals, students and "Normal" people, but imma guess it's a 3:1 Ratio favoring Crackheads, Alcoholics, bums and wanna be thugs, like that PoS kid in the OP.

Almost everyday i rode the trolley, i came home with a story to tell, anywhere from people getting their Ipods stolen to bitches trying to reach into my pockets while walking down the aisle.

mikey23545 10-05-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8979716)
This.

Not sure about other cities, but San Diego's public transportation is full of rejects. Sure, there's plenty of working professionals, students and "Normal" people, but imma guess it's a 3:1 Ratio favoring Crackheads, Alcoholics, bums and wanna be thugs, like that PoS kid in the OP.

Almost everyday i rode the trolley, i came home with a story to tell, anywhere from people getting their Ipods stolen to bitches trying to reach into my pockets while walking down the aisle.

Riding the bus down Rodeo Drive is perfectly safe.

You're just stereotyping.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8979728)
Riding the bus down Rodeo Drive is perfectly safe.

You're just stereotyping.

Actually, the Metro doesn't head North-South in that section of Beverly Hills, just East-West. You'd have to take either the Santa Monica Blvd or Wilshire line and stop at Beverly or so. All of those streets (Rodeo, Canon, Beverly, etc.) are really short, probably not even half a mile long.

Spott 10-05-2012 05:13 PM

If those were all white kids and the driver was black, they would have found him by now and charged him with a hate crime.