ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto I'm considering a treadmill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267760)

ModSocks 12-17-2012 12:06 PM

Never owned a treadmill, but i had an old Stairmaster that i picked up from the swapmeet for like $30.00.

I named it slayer. It would destroy anyone who dared to challenge it. That thing was a monster.

kaplin42 12-17-2012 12:07 PM

I recommend the BowFlex Treadclimber. Mainly because the redhead in the commercial is hawt and has a great ass.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...imber-body.png

loochy 12-17-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 9218059)
I own that exact model, they're good machines. The T-100 series from Horizon are highly regarded and if you ask around for best bang for buck treadmills from people who know about this stuff they will steer you to this machine. At least, that's what happened to me in January and that's why I own one.
Now keep in mind the the fan sucks and the speakers are shit, but that didn't bother me. I wanted the money I spent to go to the motor and chassis, in short all the important bits, and that's what you get with this treadmill. No bells and whistles.

Hmm Ill try to remember that brand when its time for me to buy. I don't care AT ALL about speakers or a fan. If I want a fan, I'll put a fan next to me. If I want speakers, I'll turn up the tv or radio or phone or ipod. How fast does it go? The ones I use now only go up to 12 mph, which isn't fast enough for doing intervals or sprints at the end of a run.

Jenson71 12-17-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9218054)
Are you high? At this time last year there was 15" of snow on the ground.

But either way, it's my wife not me. You can call her a pussy all you want, but she still isn't going to go run in the dark when it is 20 degrees outside. Especially in February when it is 10 and windy. It just isn't happening.

I'm with your wife. If I'm going to exercise, it has to be in perfect conditions. And perfect conditions entails either running with a tv or walking/riding bike with a magazine.

Stewie 12-17-2012 12:10 PM

Would she consider an elliptical trainer? I've had one for several years and paid around $200 for it. They don't take up as much space as a treadmill and give a good workout.

Buehler445 12-17-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9218079)
Would she consider an elliptical trainer? I've had one for several years and paid around $200 for it. They don't take up as much space as a treadmill and give a good workout.

I'll talk to her about it. She used one when we were in Sidney and liked it.

ghak99 12-17-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9218071)
I'm with your wife. If I'm going to exercise, it has to be in perfect conditions. And perfect conditions entails either running with a tv or walking/riding bike with a magazine.

I always suspected you were a big vagina.

loochy 12-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9218081)
I'll talk to her about it. She used one when we were in Sidney and liked it.

Her knees will be happy. It's a good choice if she's interested in just general staying in shape and not athletic performance.

loochy 12-17-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9218083)

If you can read a magazine you're doing it wrong.

Jenson71 12-17-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9218083)

Guilty as charged, I guess.

jidar 12-17-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9218068)
Hmm Ill try to remember that brand when its time for me to buy. I don't care AT ALL about speakers or a fan. If I want a fan, I'll put a fan next to me. If I want speakers, I'll turn up the tv or radio or phone or ipod. How fast does it go? The ones I use now only go up to 12 mph, which isn't fast enough for doing intervals or sprints at the end of a run.

The 103 wont go that fast. You'll want to shop around for a different model. It's an entry level machine after all.

Jenson71 12-17-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9218088)
If you can read a magazine you're doing it wrong.

:)

ghak99 12-17-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9218079)

I'd consider this. If nothing else it's a cheap way to find out if she will be able to stick with using something.

The neighbor gave me a <$200 elliptical type machine when he kicked his wife out of his house and it gets MUCH more use than the $1100 space eating beast of a treadmill I thought I needed.

GloryDayz 12-17-2012 12:21 PM

Just do it... Don't go cheap or it'll be easy to put in a corner. Don't get one that folds up, or it'll go in a corner. Don't get a fan on it, what's the point, you're there to sweat... Get a large-screen TV to mount on the wall in front of the gem - if you don't the boredom might force you to put it in the corner... I think the wider belt is worth the coin, when you start running on the TM, you'll find the TV sometimes has you drift (like vertigo)..

Don't worry too much about cost... If you're going to use it, use it, a $400 difference over the life of the unit is pennies a day. And a bad TM will make you want to put it in the corner - and that's a waste of all money spent!

And do the GD maintenance! Pay for it or do it yourself... It's worth it!

loochy 12-17-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 9218096)
The 103 wont go that fast. You'll want to shop around for a different model. It's an entry level machine after all.

Still, it's good to know about a good brand.