ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs v Seahawks First Half: Analyzing the Offense (Cassel Isn't the Only Problem) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262868)

RINGLEADER 08-26-2012 11:21 AM

Chiefs v Seahawks First Half: Analyzing the Offense (Cassel Isn't the Only Problem)

I re-watched the NFL Network replay of the Chiefs/Seahawks game and noticed a few things:

- Cassel was truly bad on 4 throws.
- Cassel was marginally bad on 2 throws that could (should) have been caught but were dropped.
- Receivers flat out dropped 4 other passes.
- Asamoah completely whiffed or was pushed aside on 5 plays. Two of these were on the opening drive.

Asamoah and Lilja were definitely weak links on the line in this game, accounting for 7 missed assignments that blew up plays in the first half (more than 20% of the offensive snaps). Brandon Alberts was responsible for 2 missed assignments, but in both cases Cassel scambled from the pressure on his side.

Not making excuses for Cassel, but Asamoah's performance was more concerning. He was getting shoved around pretty easily by the Seahawks.

RealSNR 08-26-2012 11:23 AM

Who's Brandon Alberts?

RINGLEADER 08-26-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8853763)
Who's Brandon Alberts?

Using strike on an "s" doesn't really have the desired effect...

RealSNR 08-26-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 8853772)
Using strike on an "s" doesn't really have the desired effect...

Ahhhhhhh ahh ahhhhhh

Now I see

Molitoth 08-26-2012 11:58 AM

I'm far from sold on Cassel, in fact I despise his play.... but I do admit Cassel wasn't the only one at fault. Too many dropped passes by the receivers, and just flat out great CB play by the Hawks on a couple of those passes.

I also really think the chiefs players were so flustered with the shitty job by the refs that they didn't really care anymore. Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.

Luke Warm 08-26-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8853877)
Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.

I'm saying!!

Marcellus 08-26-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8853877)
I'm far from sold on Cassel, in fact I despise his play.... but I do admit Cassel wasn't the only one at fault. Too many dropped passes by the receivers, and just flat out great CB play by the Hawks on a couple of those passes.

I also really think the chiefs players were so flustered with the shitty job by the refs that they didn't really care anymore. Tamba Hali has got to be the most shit on player by the refs in the history of football. He draws a holding flag for maybe 1 out of every 10 plays he is held.

The one play he even managed to get a roughing the passer penalty after getting a choke hold put on him. Pretty crazy.

Red Dawg 08-26-2012 12:02 PM

We are a running team and one of the reasons is we have Matt C but the other one is the fact that our two starting Wr's are not burners. They are big and physical but they will not get separation easily. They must run great routes and use play action plays to get open. How many times has Baldwin been thrown a pass and he was actually not wiothout a DB up his ass? Not yet.

This is why Dex is getting all the dink and dunk catches. Matt stinks but we need to get the scouts from the Cowboys to pick us out a WR . They seem to have them all over the place.

RealSNR 08-26-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 8853894)
We are a running team and one of the reasons is we have Matt C but the other one is the fact that our two starting Wr's are not burners. They are big and physical but they will not get separation easily. They must run great routes and use play action plays to get open. How many times has Baldwin been thrown a pass and he was actually not wiothout a DB up his ass? Not yet.

This is why Dex is getting all the dink and dunk catches. Matt stinks but we need to get the scouts from the Cowboys to pick us out a WR . They seem to have them all over the place.

Pick us out a WR and then... let Bowe go?

****. That.