ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Youtube.TV (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311442)

Fish 11-09-2017 11:07 PM

Youtube.TV

Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.

BWillie 11-09-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13209377)
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.

Can you record? Do you get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, EspnNews, FS1, NBA TV, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network?

WilliamTheIrish 11-12-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13209377)
Anybody else using this?

Not paying, but I have a log in. So far it's fantastic. I like the no contract pay aspect. And the interface is really good.

35$ per month is reasonable. Should be interesting to watch it grow and see how it expands. I like paying nothing. So it'll be tough for me to go back.

WilliamTheIrish 11-12-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13209401)
Can you record? Do you get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, EspnNews, FS1, NBA TV, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network?

Gosh, if only there was a simple way to find the answers to these questions. Hmmm... what to do?

Fish 11-18-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13212064)
Not paying, but I have a log in. So far it's fantastic. I like the no contract pay aspect. And the interface is really good.

35$ per month is reasonable. Should be interesting to watch it grow and see how it expands. I like paying nothing. So it'll be tough for me to go back.

I'd been using SlingTV. Mostly just for sports. I really loved how you could watch NCAA games for several days after they aired. And sometimes NFL and other league games too. But most everything about it sucked except the actual content.

YoutubeTV has been great so far. Need to verify that it does indeed air Royals games though. It goes by location, and provides FS1, so I'm assuming it will. The normal channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc are all the actual KC stations too, so that's nice. It provides all the channels I would normally watch if I had cable. Interface is great. DVR feature is incredible. I'm happy.

Fish 11-18-2017 12:26 PM

And FYI if anyone is considering trying it...

They have an offer right now where if you pay for 1 month worth of service($35), they'll mail you a Chromecast absolutely free.

https://support.google.com/youtubetv.../7298638?hl=en

srvy 11-18-2017 12:41 PM

Have NFL network and SEC?

Fish 11-18-2017 01:00 PM

No NFL Network.

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports, the SEC Network, the Big Ten Network, and CBS Sports.

unlurking 11-18-2017 01:18 PM

Have seen several comments saying you can't skip commercials on DVR. Any way around that?

Fish 11-18-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13222777)
Have seen several comments saying you can't skip commercials on DVR. Any way around that?

You can skip commercials on DVR. You just can't for On Demand stuff. And if an On Demand version exists, it will play that instead of your DVR version...

Quote:

With most TV providers, viewers are given the option to both record shows to their DVR when they air, and watch on-demand programs that are made available. The big difference between the two is that DVR recordings allow viewers to skip the commercials, while on-demand does not. YouTube TV also possesses both DVR and on-demand options, but according to a report by The Wall Street Journal, if an on-demand version of a recorded show is available, the service will force the user to watch the on-demand version, complete with unskippable ads.

This “feature” was obviously not advertised upfront, but a YouTube spokeswoman has confirmed that it’s not a mistake, and is tied to the specifics of content deals the services has with certain content providers like ABC, NBC, and FOX. By comparison, PlayStation Vue has both DVR and on-demand options, but allows users to pick which one they’ll view, with commercials fully skippable in the DVR recording. Naturally, this isn’t sitting well with many subscribers to YouTube TV, who assumed that their DVR service would function like any other.

On the plus side, the on-demand version of an episode usually doesn’t go up until the following day after a show airs, so if a user gets to the recording early enough, they can watch without ads. Still, that’s a pretty small window, and one unlikely to satisfy most. If a show happens to be entirely unavailable on-demand, the problem solves itself, as the recorded version is the only option. Sadly, that only applies to a small portion of available popular shows.

007 11-18-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13222790)
You can skip commercials on DVR. You just can't for On Demand stuff. And if an On Demand version exists, it will play that instead of your DVR version...

If only I could set this up in Topeka to have kc stations.

unlurking 11-18-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13222790)

That's what I was reading. Oh well.

WilliamTheIrish 11-19-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13222931)

Have any friends in KC? It allows for up to 6 log ins. Split it with somebody. 35$ is cheap. 17.50$ is better.

I'd almost do that.

Fish 11-19-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13222931)

You can't? What ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX stations does it give you then?

WilliamTheIrish 11-19-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13223899)

Topeka has it's own locals. But I'll bet you could get a decent OTA antenna to get them.

Fish 11-19-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13223932)
Topeka has it's own locals. But I'll bet you could get a decent OTA antenna to get them.

Change your location...

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/com...o_work_in_any/

007 11-19-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13223899)

YouTube tv isn't available in Topeka

WilliamTheIrish 11-20-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13227731)

That's crazy.

Fish 11-20-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13227731)

What? Wow. I guess I feel dumb now. When I signed up I didn't even realize it was limited to certain cities. I assumed it would just default to the nearest city. My bad.

Did you try and spoof your location like the instructions I posted suggested? I could understand why you might not want to try...

Bewbies 11-20-2017 08:50 PM

I have it in Atlanta. Had 25mb (that was usually about 4-12) net and cable, switched to fiber and YouTube TV now I'm saving $50/mo.

It's nice. The stream is great, and the DVR being unlimited and watchable all over is pretty dope too.

InChiefsHeaven 11-20-2017 08:58 PM

Not available in Omaha yet. I just switched to PSVue from Direct now, it's worlds better. I'm definitely interested in YouTubeTV when it becomes available here.

007 11-20-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13229878)
That's crazy.

I know right. Kind of stupid.

WilliamTheIrish 11-21-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13230520)
I know right. Kind of stupid.

I wonder what would happen if:

You have a friend/sibling/somebody in KC. They sign up, give you a log in, you split the cost and get the benefit of YTTV and the locals for KC.

Would that work? Probably not if it's based on zip code or IP addy.

Fish 11-21-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13231006)
I wonder what would happen if:

You have a friend/sibling/somebody in KC. They sign up, give you a log in, you split the cost and get the benefit of YTTV and the locals for KC.

Would that work? Probably not if it's based on zip code or IP addy.

I guess I could test this. I can share with 5 different youtube accounts. Not sure if it ignores the location of where the other accounts are streaming from. But I can input someone's email address and find out...

srvy 11-21-2017 12:52 PM

If youtubetv has a free trial period couldnt he try spoofing his location on the trial.

WilliamTheIrish 11-21-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13231133)
If youtubetv has a free trial period couldnt he try spoofing his location on the trial.

It gives a free month.

Fish 11-21-2017 10:58 PM

Experiment in progress..

Stand by...

007 11-21-2017 11:57 PM

Here is a good breakdown of all the streaming services...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube...ews-24578.html

Fish 02-15-2018 12:05 AM

FYI... this has been pretty incredible so far. And the list of channels continues to grow. They just announced WE, TBS, TNT. etc. Pretty much all the sports stations now, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC, ESPNNews, FS1/2/KC, NBCSN, BTN, ABC SportsNetwork, NBC Golf, etc.

Unlimited DVR. You can just click record Chiefs, or Royals, (any team) and your sports team will be auto DVR'd, no limit. Lots of "On demand" type movies and TV showing up now too. I'm loving it.

Still limited to location though. If you have it available, I still recommend checking it out...

Miles 02-15-2018 12:16 AM

I just started trial tonight after they announced the added channels. TNT for nba was my last mandatory channel to switch.

Pretty impressed with picture quality and functionality so far.

Still trying to figure out how to start something from beginning while it’s still recoding like starting a game an hour in without seeing anything. Other is whether any risk end of game gets cut off if it runs over.

bgguitarman 02-15-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13230270)
Not available in Omaha yet. I just switched to PSVue from Direct now, it's worlds better. I'm definitely interested in YouTubeTV when it becomes available here.

It's available in Omaha now.

Bewbies 02-15-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13417740)
FYI... this has been pretty incredible so far. And the list of channels continues to grow. They just announced WE, TBS, TNT. etc. Pretty much all the sports stations now, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC, ESPNNews, FS1/2/KC, NBCSN, BTN, ABC SportsNetwork, NBC Golf, etc.

Unlimited DVR. You can just click record Chiefs, or Royals, (any team) and your sports team will be auto DVR'd, no limit. Lots of "On demand" type movies and TV showing up now too. I'm loving it.

Still limited to location though. If you have it available, I still recommend checking it out...

The only thing I've missed having this was watching Shaq and Barkley on TNT once in awhile. Problem solved.

I'm a huge fan of YT Tv.

The Franchise 02-15-2018 06:59 PM

Is this better than something like Playstation Vue?

Chief Pagan 02-16-2018 01:14 AM

Is the YT TV streaming for ESPN good?

This service looks like a good fit for what I want at the price. But...

I watched, or at least tried to watch, MNF on an Xfinity account this past fall and the quality of that streaming service was so bad it would not have been worth paying for.

Based on speed tests and streaming movies, I don't think the issue was on my end.

Miles 02-16-2018 05:53 AM

The streaming quality is mostly 1080p 30fps with sports channels like ESPN are at 720p 60fps. Finding it better than my traditional cable service, Spectrum, which still shows signs of artifacting from compression.

Bewbies 02-16-2018 08:45 AM

I can’t tell the difference between YouTube and when I had traditional cable. I’m on a fiber connection though.

InChiefsHeaven 02-16-2018 11:26 AM

Looking at the channel lineup, I guarantee the wife will say no way. She needs her Food Network and HGTV poop...We'll stay with PSVue for now.

Bewbies 02-16-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13232283)
Experiment in progress..

Stand by...

Did this work?

Fish 02-16-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13420311)
Did this work?

We discovered some issues with location. If you're not actually viewing form the KC area, some channels will say unavailable during some of the broadcast. It depends on what the content is. Technically you can turn off all location services or use a VPN. You can add 5 "family members" from wherever. Each family member has their own DVR/favorites/etc. We've had no issues other than the unavailable content once in a while.

Chief Pagan 02-16-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13419935)
I can’t tell the difference between YouTube and when I had traditional cable. I’m on a fiber connection though.

Good to know. I don't think my connection is an issue. ESPN will put up college basketball games on the rewatch page, after the game is over. Those are available without a subscription and I can stream them just fine.

But the ESPN live streaming through Xfinity was horrible. Not good advertising if they were hoping to entice me to get my own, legal, streaming service.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-16-2018 04:54 PM

Now that ESPN owns Fox's old RSNs, any ideas on if they would be included in this package?

ChiliConCarnage 02-16-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13420999)
Now that ESPN owns Fox's old RSNs, any ideas on if they would be included in this package?

They don't own them yet and Comcast has been thinking of outbidding them, I believe. That said, I think the fox sports RSNs are already in this deal. They have almost all of the sports stuff other than NFL network/redzone.

Considering switching from Spectrum to lock in the $35 rate but with my current deal, I'd give up Redzone, Cinemax and HBO for 30ish dollars savings. That could be a lot more but I don't have another internet provider to switch to for less. I think my 'promotion' is going to run out in a month or two so dunno what to do

Otter 02-17-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13224453)

This was the first thing to cross my mind when I saw this thread. Get a MO or KS IP address and watch the Chiefs games.

Bowser 02-17-2018 10:30 PM

Went to Spectrum today and dumped my sports channels and movie channels. Might have to give this a go.

Miles 02-23-2018 10:56 PM

This is really working well for me and using even when I'm recording the same on my cable dvr. Calling monday and dumping my cable but not looking forward to what they bump my internet cost to. Luckily I have another internet option to play them against.

CoMoChief 02-24-2018 01:15 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hole Lee Shiiiiiiiiiit.....

#justice4johnny #illegalheadkick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aPhbnsrkDlA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 02-24-2018 09:12 AM

Lol

Chief Pagan 02-24-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13419867)
The streaming quality is mostly 1080p 30fps with sports channels like ESPN are at 720p 60fps. Finding it better than my traditional cable service, Spectrum, which still shows signs of artifacting from compression.

So I signed up for my free month trial which part way through the process turned into a 7 day free trial. Whatever.

I recorded an ESPN college basketball game this morning as an experiment. When I played it back, the highest quality I could get was 480p.

Basketball on a 60" TV in 480p. :shake:

I went through the settings and didn't see anything. Was this probably a one-off or am I missing something?

I'm watching from Google's Chrome browser on my desktop. My desktop is connected directly to my surround sound unit with HDMI. And the TV is also directly connected to the surround sound with HDMI. I don't have any problems streaming 1080 movies with this setup.

Outside of the 480 issue, everything else from frame rate to jumping forward through commercials was very good. Much better than my experience with the slider bar on the ESPN rewatch or my experience streaming live from an XFINITY account.

Chief Pagan 02-24-2018 05:53 PM

So I tried this from a different computer. From a windows 10 pc plugged into a 4k monitor with display port, I get 720.

From the old windows 7 desktop plugged into the surround sound with HDMI to the 60" TV, I only get 480p.

What a nuisance.

It is Windows 7 but it is certainly capable of supporting 1080/60 let alone 720/60. I did a speed test and got 90 Mbs on the Windows 7 machine. I'm using Chrome on both machines and both machines are up to date.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Would buying a chrome plugin likely make any difference?

I like the Windows 7 media center because I can DVR over the air broadcast and I have a remote that I can use to fast forward. The last time I checked, Windows 10 didn't support over the air recording with a remote for playback. But would going to Windows 10 but leaving the same HDMI hookups likely work?

Update:

Changing the settings on my computer from 1080 to 720 allowed me to watch youtube TV at 720 60. Weird, but I will take it.

-King- 02-24-2018 06:49 PM

Did the 7 day trial. Gladly dropping sling for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 02-24-2018 06:51 PM

Can you not use it on Fire TV?

007 02-24-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13436310)
Can you not use it on Fire TV?

Google and Amazon are at war right now.

Chief Pagan 03-05-2018 05:20 PM

Anyone using the DVR function with Chrome on a desktop/laptop to watch games on ESPN?

When I try to use the slider bar, to skip commercials, or the 15 second advance, about every third or fourth time the player locks up and I have to reload the web page to get things working.

So ESPN is at 720 and 60 frames. Watching live, or playing back a game works great while it is streaming. Picture quality is great. I don't notice any freezes or artifacts. But skipping forward causes it to occasionally freeze. Wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. It's too bad. In addition to skipping commercials, for a basketball game that I am only semi-interested in, I would like to use the 15 second advance to skip free throws and other breaks in the action. But doing this causes too many freezes to make it worthwhile.

I get this on two different computers. My old Windows 7 and new Windows 10 desktops.

I tried watching some NHL on NBCsn. It has the option of 1080 (or 720) but only at 30 frames. When the players are standing around before the puck drops, they look great. As soon as the action starts and they are flying around the ice, it looks bad. Like a really crappy video game bad. NBCsn does a lot of hockey. Hockey at 30 frames looks bad. I didn't have any problems skipping forward with the slider bar or 15 second jump (so there is that), but I decided it wasn't worth watching unless/until they have a 720 60 option.

Fish 03-05-2018 05:29 PM

I've never noticed that issue. I skip around a lot. The only issue I've seen is if I pause the stream for longer than a couple minutes. It sometimes fails to start back up again, and I have to refresh the page. It always goes right back to the same spot, so it's not that big of a deal.

Fish 11-06-2019 07:42 PM

FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.

Lzen 11-08-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14578911)
FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.

That is fantastic news! :thumb:

DJ's left nut 11-08-2019 11:21 AM

I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.

Fish 11-08-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14581390)
I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.

I believe you're thinking of the current fight between Disney and Dish Network. Disney bought Fox. Their contract with Dish expired, and it looks like Disney might remove FX and NatGeo from Dish/SlingTV. I haven't seen anything involving Disney/FX and YoutubeTV though...

Gravedigger 11-08-2019 01:55 PM

Yeah, we use Youtube TV, it's really good for recording those shows you never get to watch with unlimited DVR so we always watch Shark Tank, Price is Right, my wife gets to record her Judge Judy and daughter gets to record her kid shows. I was a little pissed when it went from $40 to $50 but it's been a good investment thus far.

ThaVirus 11-08-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14578911)
FYI... big news....

Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?

Fish 11-08-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14581804)
Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?

No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/

ScareCrowe 11-08-2019 04:52 PM

Just something else I wanted to throw in the ring here I stumbled upon a service called Philo. The thing with Philo is that they don't have any sports programming, so if you're into that it isn't great. However if you aren't into sports or as a supplement to one of the other services that do have sports it's an amazing value. You get 58 channels for $20 a month.

What we do is Hulu Live & Philo & we basically get all the channels we were getting with Direct TV/Dish (minus the sports league channels NFL Network, MLB Network etc.) and we are paying a total of $65 dollars a month as opposed to close to $150.

https://try.philo.com/

ThaVirus 11-08-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14581815)
No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/

Ah, makes sense. It really is lackluster. I'm not surprised it couldn't hack it in the face of competition.

-King- 11-09-2019 11:21 PM

Can you fast forward through ads on recorded content on YouTube live? I'm just ****ing done with Hulu because of this shit.

I swear we're a year or 2 away from "reconnect the cord" being the new wave. Cable will be so much cheaper and convinient than all these streaming services that people will start to go back.

Chief Pagan 11-09-2019 11:42 PM

you can drag a slider bar or click on a 15 second jump forward. I wish they also had a 1 minute jump, but it's still not bad. I sometimes jump 15 or even 30 seconds between snaps of games I don't care that much about. Like the Chargers self destructing.

YTTV is generally better than it was a couple of years ago. Smoother streaming and generally fewer problems. Although when I went to watch the Thursday night game on tape delay, it started with only one minute left in the first quarter. The whole first quarter was unavailable. Don't know what was up with that.

I liked it better when I was only paying $35 a month.

Fish 05-27-2020 09:35 PM

Some recent Youtube.TV updates....

Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more Viacom channels coming to YouTube TV

Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1 will all launch on YouTube TV this summer, the company announced today. The multi-year deal also includes prior CBS channels that were available to YouTube TV subscribers, including CBS broadcast stations, CBS Sports Network, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and The CW. YouTube TV will also continue to carry ViacomCBS’ premium cable brand, Showtime, as part of the extended distribution agreement. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Fish 05-27-2020 09:38 PM

Also... Youtube.TV now adds HBO Max for an additional $14.99/mo.

Sorce 05-28-2020 09:35 AM

Just signed up today, google fiber is getting installed and ditching cable.

Boon 05-28-2020 05:28 PM

I cut the cable and went to Youtube TV earlier this month. Saved over $50/mo.
Works just fine. On a side note, has anybody ever "jailbroke" a Firestick and sideloaded TV/movie apps?

Fish 05-28-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 14992390)
I cut the cable and went to Youtube TV earlier this month. Saved over $50/mo.
Works just fine. On a side note, has anybody ever "jailbroke" a Firestick and sideloaded TV/movie apps?

You can root a firestick, sure. I've done a bunch. But you don't need to do so to sideload TV/movie apps. All you need to do for sideloading apps is to enable developer options in the settings and turn on adb. I've probably got a thread in this forum for instructions on how to do that. Search the Media Center forum.

Rooting is kind of a pain unless you have direct need for doing so. You have to manually apply new FireOS firmwares on a reasonable basis to keep up with new requirements from apps.

Gravedigger 05-29-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14991232)
Some recent Youtube.TV updates....

Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more Viacom channels coming to YouTube TV

Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1 will all launch on YouTube TV this summer, the company announced today. The multi-year deal also includes prior CBS channels that were available to YouTube TV subscribers, including CBS broadcast stations, CBS Sports Network, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and The CW. YouTube TV will also continue to carry ViacomCBS’ premium cable brand, Showtime, as part of the extended distribution agreement. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

How do I have the feeling it's about to cost $60 a month. I wasn't on board with the $10 increase last time.

KregWillis 05-29-2020 01:24 AM

I'm still confused if it's worth the money..

DeepPurple 05-29-2020 07:45 AM

Youtube TV looks very good, last time I checked the channel listings it didn't have NFL Network or A&E, has that changed. I've been with Directv since 2008. If they're not available, can you add them separately, especially NFL Network? I might need a ROKU for my 2012 Vizio, who has the best price on those?

seaofred 05-29-2020 10:13 AM

Still no NFL Network. I'm not sure about A&E.

Fish 05-29-2020 10:25 AM

No NFL Network or A&E.

Deberg_1990 05-29-2020 11:46 AM

Sounds like YouTube is trying to get out of the original scripted series game. Shopping Cobrai Kai to Netflix or Hulu.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/

DaneMcCloud 05-29-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14993381)
Sounds like YouTube is trying to get out of the original scripted series game. Shopping Cobrai Kai to Netflix or Hulu.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/

Just like AT&T, Apple and now YouTube, these companies have no idea what's involved in producing content for TV, whether it's scripted or unscripted.

rabblerouser 05-29-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14993280)
No NFL Network or A&E.

I have the "USA TV & Radio" app for my fire stick that gets both.

Fish 05-29-2020 01:13 PM

There's also an app called Mobdro that you can sideload on a Fire device and get live streams of both. The quality might not be 720p, but it works.

Stryker 06-21-2020 08:29 PM

I am all in on this. Just bought 2 Roku express Plus devices and am officially cutting the cord on Thursday. Have access to YouTube TV and Hulu. A subscription for Netflix and I still save a bundle. Can't wait! :thumb: